• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think perhaps you need a dictionary. I would start by looking up the word hypocritical. Nowhere on this thread or any other have I stated anything other than I unequivocally that I believe the Tigers will win the division in 2014. Even the quote you copied stated my belief that the left side of the infield be improved. As for me commenting on your opinions, I don't even know who you are (or care).

While you have that dictionary handy it might behoove you to look up the phrase "internet troll"

Enjoy the season

Hahahaha. Exactly dude. I stated my concern that the fister trade would weaken both the bullpen and the rotation. You somehow interpreted this to mean I didnt think the tigers would win the division this year even though I have posted on numerous occasions that I believe the will even as a weaker team. I cant believe I have to spell this out for you, lol. So, i used a negative statement of yours to ask you the same question seeing as how you jumped to such a conclusion based on my assessment. Yeah brother, thats being hypocritical..and if you want to get me a dictionary, please do. Clearly none of us are as intelligent as you. Dont take everything so personally man, geesh you were just in maui and you are super uptight. Enjoy life brother, I wasnt attacking you, I was just having fun.

PS, Im not sure you are clear as to what an internet troll is. Im a tigers fan, that english D icon underneath my avatar hopefully clears that up. I dont think its in the dictionary although I wouldnt know as I need one. Sorry I come across as one to you. Ill remind myself next time I see one of your brilliant posts to not respond. I need a dictionary like you need a sense of humor right? Ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we traded fielder too soon.....him and miggy shouldve gotten 1-2 more years.....prince blew it in the playoffs, but so did alot of other tiger players. If BP doesnt blow that game 2 lead, we might not even be talking about princes failure. I just felt in MLB teams get desperate at trade deadline.....and in the future when the tigers are out of it they couldve unloaded him....i just dont think this team got better....last years team was a bench and a bullpen away from winning it all IMO. One huge weakness was lefty BP help.....and coke is still here...

In two years I cant imagine getting much of anything for prince, surprised we got anything now. But who knows, time will tell.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie, there isn't anyway to look at it without coming to the conclusion that the team likely took a small step backward by trading Fister. Smyly hasn't proven he can last a full season or get through a batting order multiple times. The affect on the bullpen is less clear but Smyly's replacement(s) are unclear at this point.
I wouldn't consider the pitching depth a big question mark, though. Having Porcello and Smyly as your 4th and 5th starters is better than most teams currently have.

Dude..quit trollin ppl you damn hypocrite, haha.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airlines motos should be we are doing more with less!

Air Trans bent me over with their over booking policy. Not to mention feeding a family of 4 in an airport waiting for openings cos me about $200 but that did include my bar bill….come to think of it that may have just been my bar bill.

Why are you compelled to be a dick? It's annoying as fuck.

perhaps he needs a dicktionary smitty. He kind of reminds me of frasier crane, so worried about impressing people with his pretentiousness and not realizing trying so hard actually makes him look like a buffoon. It would behoove himself to relax a bit on the grandiose thoughts he has about himself and how he thinks on here. Reminds me of someone that would nickname himelf "imsmarterthanyou" or "trustmeimright." Like frasier and bslegend this dude provides laughs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie, there isn't anyway to look at it without coming to the conclusion that the team likely took a small step backward by trading Fister. Smyly hasn't proven he can last a full season or get through a batting order multiple times. The affect on the bullpen is less clear but Smyly's replacement(s) are unclear at this point.
I wouldn't consider the pitching depth a big question mark, though. Having Porcello and Smyly as your 4th and 5th starters is better than most teams currently have.

A small step backward? No. A large step. Fister was a legit stud. Smyly has not started a full season and is a huge question mark when it comes to endurance in that respect. Smyly was a huge lefty out of the pen. Ian krol is a massive step down from smyly. Yes, their rotation is better than any team in their divisions but they weakened both their pen and rotation by making that move.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i seen today the fister trade was ranked as the worst off season move this year.....even worse than cano and his huge contract....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude..quit trollin ppl you damn hypocrite, haha.

Its iffy reborn.....im smarter and better than you attitude........now i seen him pissing people off on the lions board......wow, we get rid of iffy and get another one to replace him...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you guys save the gossiping for your secret clubhouse site and talk baseball?

Good article about how Prince's absence will affect Miggy on ESPN today:
How much will Miggy miss Prince? - Spring Training Blog - ESPN

Personally, I think if Miggy is healthy this year, his OBPand AVG go up while his power numbers suffer. I think a more consistent lineup will increase his runs scored so I hope his legs hold up.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..wow, we get rid of iffy and get another one to replace him...
I don't get who you guys think you are that you would even want to censor the exchange of ideas. I understand that iffy had a difficult time staying on topic but he did contribute from time to time.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy
Anybody else get the feeling that the left side of our infield is going to lead the AL in errors this years despite being improved?

You betting money against the tigers winning the division this year?

Sorry had to...I express a concern about the team and you assume I think the sky is falling in detroit, just turning the tables on you to show how hypocritical you can be
:)

OK, I went back and re-read the thread to see where it went sideways. Near as I can tell the above bolded comment started the back-and-forth. It was followed by my "dictionary" comment, which admittedly was an over-the-top reaction to the comment. It just don't understand they hypocritical comment. I actually think we were both arguing the same thing.
I apologize for my part in the mud-slinging and will try to stay on topic. I understand the way I speak (and write) can be interpreted as offensive. I will try to do better because I think there is a good amount of baseball knowledge on this thread.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like Ajax hitting 5th......Miggy needs to be 3rd to get max ABs.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like Ajax hitting 5th......Miggy needs to be 3rd to get max ABs.....

If ajax hits 5th, expect miggy to be walked 200 times....i think that may happen though....i prefer kinsler to hit 5th.....let him hit with men on.....you know how frustrating it will be watching ajax fail with men on....striking out....

On a good note....robbie ray strikes out 5 out of the 6 he faced today....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Frazier when he wore Corduroy blazers and drank beer in Boston. The Seattle Fraz' though.... He was a different cat. (Fraziers dad was on an episode of Cheers, but he played a commercial jingle writer. Always thought that was funny they cast the same guy.)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its iffy reborn.....im smarter and better than you attitude........now i seen him pissing people off on the lions board......wow, we get rid of iffy and get another one to replace him...

Well...i dont know if hes smarter, they both think pretty highly of themselves and usually when someone tries to act smart online thinking it will impress people...theres a reason.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i seen today the fister trade was ranked as the worst off season move this year.....even worse than cano and his huge contract....

Yeah awful trade but shhh dont say that here, bring tha shit to the indians board!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Frazier when he wore Corduroy blazers and drank beer in Boston. The Seattle Fraz' though.... He was a different cat. (Fraziers dad was on an episode of Cheers, but he played a commercial jingle writer. Always thought that was funny they cast the same guy.)

Did not know that! John mcginley guest starred on an episode of frasier as a plumber. (dr. Cox from scrubs). Its always cool to watch a show and see someone guest starring on it before they blow up in something else.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy
Anybody else get the feeling that the left side of our infield is going to lead the AL in errors this years despite being improved?

You betting money against the tigers winning the division this year?

Sorry had to...I express a concern about the team and you assume I think the sky is falling in detroit, just turning the tables on you to show how hypocritical you can be
:)

OK, I went back and re-read the thread to see where it went sideways. Near as I can tell the above bolded comment started the back-and-forth. It was followed by my "dictionary" comment, which admittedly was an over-the-top reaction to the comment. It just don't understand they hypocritical comment. I actually think we were both arguing the same thing.
I apologize for my part in the mud-slinging and will try to stay on topic. I understand the way I speak (and write) can be interpreted as offensive. I will try to do better because I think there is a good amount of baseball knowledge on this thread.

Seriously? Ok synapsis. I expressed concern over pen and rotation being worse. You said you wanted to bet, because I expressed a concern. You expressed a concern about the infield, I asked if you wanted to bet. Its ok for you to express concerns but not me? Thats where you were a hypocrite. No worries anyhow, like I said I was just having fun with you, theres really only one poster on sportshoopla that can legitimately annoy me and its not you.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ok synapsis. I expressed concern over pen and rotation being worse. You said you wanted to bet, because I expressed a concern. You expressed a concern about the infield, I asked if you wanted to bet. Its ok for you to express concerns but not me? Thats where you were a hypocrite. No worries anyhow, like I said I was just having fun with you, theres really only one poster on sportshoopla that can legitimately annoy me and its not you.

Ok, I think the the bolded text is the crux of the matter. My exact statement is as follows
The intent of the comment was to point out that our defense would be better despite the fact that they would commit more errors. I was emphasizing the fact that the left side of our defense would get to more balls, have more opportunities and thus more errors despite having a higher fielding percentage.

Your statement:
I'm very concerned. The tigers weakened both their rotation and bullpen with this ridiculous move.

My response was simply a question as to whether a moved that you felt weakened the team.

Regardless, I have enjoyed your posts in the past and I took responsibility for my part of causing the escalation of bad feelings.