• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brrrrrrr...looks like another low-scoring 1-run game. Any chance they cancel?

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today at Comerica. ...Kinsler Hunter Miggy VMart AJax Avila Nick C Romine Davis

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today at Comerica. ...Kinsler Hunter Miggy VMart AJax Avila Nick C Romine Davis

I'd rather see Nick C bat in front of Avila.

I know many of us have been skeptical about the overall power in this line-up (I still am) but there is a lot of potential here for high BAs and OBPs... Let's just hope they don't get stranded (we'll probably need a career power year from one or two players and/or a mid season acquisition).

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Nick C bat in front of Avila.

I know many of us have been skeptical about the overall power in this line-up (I still am) but there is a lot of potential here for high BAs and OBPs... Let's just hope they don't get stranded (we'll probably need a career power year from one or two players and/or a mid season acquisition).

I think that is the general direction the team wants to take but I still think the team could see 5+ with 20 HR's. The ability to manufacture runs in the late innings is something that has been missing with this team and with the BP we have, we are going to see some leads change hands in the late innings.

I agree completely about Nick C. I think he should be hitting 5th. In this case I would prefer Leyland's throw him to the wolves mentality over coddling.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many of us have been skeptical about the overall power in this line-up (I still am) but there is a lot of potential here for high BAs and OBPs...

I contend, as I had earlier, that this Tiger team will have a lower BA and fewer runs scored than the 2013 team, but will score more consistently because they are less station-to-station.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watching Ausmus' post-game right now? (He's not eating a sandwich in his underwear!). Interesting input on Scherzer.

Ausmus has a different approach and appears to be developing a different player-coach relationship with these guys (seems more personal and open).

And I'm betting he wore actual clothing and didn't talk with his mouth full, when he took Scherzer out to lunch. :nod:

Nothing against Smokey though! Haha.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I contend, as I had earlier, that this Tiger team will have a lower BA and fewer runs scored than the 2013 team, but will score more consistently because they are less station-to-station.

Definitely with you on fewer runs. I think the BAs will be solid...top 5 in the AL is my prediction.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy (as usual) is pestering me about coming back. You guys decide and someone PM me if you want him back. Majority rules.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I definitely agree with them scoring less runs but hopefully the BA is better than you think. I just don't see where a material change would come from. My hope is that the number of runs scored is mitigated by the increase in team speed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers ppd. Wise choice for all involved. Make this one up when it is sunny and 80.

This means that Smyly will get some well needed rest and will be skipped in the rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy (as usual) is pestering me about coming back. You guys decide and someone PM me if you want him back. Majority rules.

Thought Iffy was :rip:

My vote is to let Muzz conduct the poll.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy (as usual) is pestering me about coming back. You guys decide and someone
PM me if you want him back. Majority rules.

Ha! That's our iffy. Picks a bunch of fights with posters who DARED to be critical of the Tigers, then decides once the season starts that he misses the guys he used to verbally beat up.

I could care less, as he didn't treat me all that badly. But I know some others had bigger problems with him (i.e., stalking via private messages).

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers ppd. Wise choice for all involved. Make this one up when it is sunny and 80.

This means that Smyly will get some well needed rest and will be skipped in the rotation.

Cold, slippery and damp = pulled muscle weather. It's just kinda "gross" out there today. Would probably tear up that field too.

OT: UofM spring game is forecasted to be a blistering 46 and overcast on Saturday (still better than that snow/rain crap I sat in last year). Brandon/Hoke need to move that back about two weeks.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let that ass back....he won't change. .....how many chances? ..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let that ass back....he won't change. .....how many chances? ..

He will play nice for awhile, but his need for attention will take over....i just didnt care for the PM's and the following me or muzz or another tiger fan from thread to thread....he would love to side with other al central teams fans just to stir up shit for tiger fans....

Funny hes bugging hammer tho....get on your hands and knees old man...:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i dont see higher batting averages....peralta gone....infante gone....fielder gone....all hitters around 300....id be happy with 280 from kinsler and 260 from nicky c....260 from rajai......not to mention iggy hit 300 last year.....and hunter had one of his best seasons average wise last year...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally started my car, and heard Dickerson scream when Kinsler's gapper landed. Two games, two walk-offs. Heart attack kids out there!

Maybe late in games just walk away...go do something...it worked yesterday lol...

I know id get frustrated last year....id go out and mow or take the kids around the block....when i left the tigers would be down.....id come back in and hey, the tigers would be winning....rewind the DVR and enjoy...except i paused game yesterday going into the bottom of the 8th to go get kids from school....that
Didnt work out too well for nathan......all about the jinx man...

I wore the same spartan tshirt for the big 10 tourney and the ncaa tourney...never washed it...thought i was on to something....oh well.....and i was gonna frame it if we won...fuggin uconn...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Iffy can not come to Tigers boards, could care less. At least the drama on Lions board are from fans not trolls.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would love to side with other al central teams fans just to stir up shit for tiger fans....

What's Alfred's line about The Joker in the Batman movie ... "Some people just like to watch the world burn."