• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to have put himself in the doghouse by the end of the season. Hernan Perez making a post season roster led me to believe Suarez would not be part of the '15 Tigers. But it'd be nice if a player who definitely won't is dealt instead.

I have no issue with Greene being added. Unless its to replace Porcello, then Im gonna freak out.

That first part makes entirely toooooo much sense Smitty.

IMO Greene is 5th starter giving Farmer and other guy(??) besides Ray that got starts.

Trading Porcello at this point still means a 5th starter is needed and those two ^^^ are not ready IMO.
So yes, freaking out would be in order.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side note the D backs after their housecleaning hired a Tigers scout as special assistant so he is very familiar with Tigers prospects. Probably has a lot to do with it. I myself think Greene for Gregorious is a good trade. Not sure what the Dbacks are doing. They get starter that can't figure out curve/slider and a 2B
prospect. Tigers get a starter who has pitched in the bigs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lobstein the other guy you're thinking about Gandy? (Kyle Ryan did well his one start and a few relief appearances.)

Does make sense that Arizona has eyes that have already seen the product up close. Ray has talent, just not MLB polish. I wonder if the same eyes sold DD on him last off season?

Hard for me to find anything wrong with this deal on our end. Just the fear of what it is setting up. Ricky is prolly the last arm I want shipped off. Decently confident he'll toss the most innings in the the three seasons of any starter in the organization. (Price being the exception.)

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody does realize that Greene is a sinker pitcher. In fact he had a 77.8 % of his pitches at 2.5 feet or below. Hopefully our 3B improves his DD and our injured SS returns to form. Greene appears to be one of those players who was average in the minors, but much better in the bigs. Could be a good deal.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotation of Price, JV, Sanchez, Porcello and Greene may be just as good as last years rotation was.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotation of Price, JV, Sanchez, Porcello and Greene may be just as good as last years rotation was.

I think so.

If Sanchez can stay healthy and if JV can be more of the guy he was late in the year it could be better.

If Max leaves, would our payroll actually go down from last year?

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so.

If Sanchez can stay healthy and if JV can be more of the guy he was late in the year it could be better.

If Max leaves, would our payroll actually go down from last year?
Probably. But that depends on whether DD goes shopping for a corner OF at the winter meetings. JV is due to make 8 mil more, Victor 4 mil more plus Ricky and Price will get significant raises in arb. Tigers will save 37 mil from max, AJ , Joba and Torii being gone. So we shall see.

K

kengel6

Toronto released Andy Dirks. Maybe, just maybe he could be our new . . . .. . . . . . . . ?

DON KELLY?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty will be the first to tell ya, it is close to impossible to replace the production from DK!

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto released Andy Dirks. Maybe, just maybe he could be our new . . . .. . . . . . . . ?

DON KELLY?
toronto famous for grabbing guys and waivers and doing nothing. DD said Dirks was left off the 40 man because he just wasn't healthy and may not be ready for ST. My guess is they resign Dirks with a ST invite and he rehabs in lakeland.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with Dirks.....health is a problem but he won't be a starter.....

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He creates a log jam of platoon OF's IMO if he got a ST invite and made it.

He is lefty bat....If we don't sign or make a deal for OFer we got big problems. ...I see CF as one of our top 2 issues. ..I hated the Price trade when it happen and I hate it more now....:gaah:

Go Chiefs. ...
Wings 1st place after tonite. ..

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation will be:

JV
Price
Sanchez
Greene
Lobstein

And the Tigers will have a new corner OF

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Greene only cost Robbie Ray who was not a prospect from our system. Greene develops into a #3 guy, it will help ease the mistake by DD of Fister. Ease not erase so don't chatise me.

There is another prospect involved and reported to possibly be a infielder???

Domingo leyba, 19 year old inf that played for the whitecaps last year hit .320 with a couple bombs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody does realize that Greene is a sinker pitcher. In fact he had a 77.8 % of his pitches at 2.5 feet or below. Hopefully our 3B improves his DD and our injured SS returns to form. Greene appears to be one of those players who was average in the minors, but much better in the bigs. Could be a good deal.

This could foreshadow the trade of porcello for cespedes.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello for Cespedes makes to much sense. Cespedes plays corner OF for a year and the Tigers let him walk and Moya is ready to be a MLB Outfielder.

Porcello should be in line for a 80-95 million dollar deal and I doubt that Detroit feels they can sign him for that cash. So he would walk after 2015 as well.

Greene as a 4 is a little reach IMO as of today but the fact he and Lobstein are under team control for years to come makes me believe this is the back half of the rotation. It could even save enough money to resign Price or get Scherzer back and trade Price.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to even put into words how much I hope you're wrong. Cespedes for Porcello would be a huge mistake.