• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saurez better not get a day off until his AVG. comes back to earth. Ride this kid at SS. Just making contact from someone at SS is a breathe of fresh air.

dont post here more because I own 3 businesses and don't have time... if i could i would love to... but trust me... I guarantee I follow the Tigers farm more than anyone here... I have been to spring training every year for the last 11 years and seen prospects in person that you probably wont even know about until mlive writes about them 2 years from now.

Truly awesome kudos to you:yahoo:... try fucking teaching a person instead being a pompous asshole. I do not mind learning from others that are willing to teach. I can not take you serious when post like Dougie.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a defensive stud... read the scouting reports and watch a game.. that is what his calling card was... he was supposed to be a legit defensive ss that might hit a little... never was a great hitter at any level until this season... Maybe you should try actually reading about the prospects instead of going off the few articles written by mlive on them here and there and what you see over the course of two weeks.

He may be scouted as one. I have been watching games and he has not played like one. I accept his errors just like Nicky's. Couple of costly mistakes recently is not studly at the moment.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be scouted as one. I have been watching games and he has not played like one. I accept his errors just like Nicky's. Couple of costly mistakes recently is not studly at the moment.

Don't be one of those guys that uses stats from a 22 yr olds first two weeks as proof of the player he is or will be...

This is what MLB.com lists under Suarez prospect line -

Suarez doesn't have a standout offensive tool, though he can do a little bit of everything. He's a switch-hitter who can hit for a decent average with a short stroke, and while he can get overly aggressive at times, he draws enough walks to post healthy on-base percentages. He has some pop, too, and the instincts to translate his fringy speed into a few steals.

While he's not the quickest shortstop, his savvy helps him get to balls and his strong arm allows him to make plays. If he doesn't hit enough to become a big league regular, he could serve as a useful utilityman

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont post here more because I own 3 businesses and don't have time... if i could i would love to... but trust me... I guarantee I follow the Tigers farm more than anyone here... I have been to spring training every year for the last 11 years and seen prospects in person that you probably wont even know about until mlive writes about them 2 years from now.

This is a dumb ass post.....maybe you should write for mlive then.....werent you the one telling us how good reed was? How great our BP was coming out of spring training? Lobstein? What happened to him? See i remember.... I NEVER heard you talk about suarez before. It was always hernan perez....why would YOU know MORE about tiger prospects then most? Because you go to spring training? Most guys invited to spring training everyone knows....now if you lived around grand rapids, and watched west michigan every night, THEN you might know about guys the usual fan MIGHT not know about.

And who gives a shit if you own 3 businesses....seems like you add a new one every year.....im calling coughcoughbullshit.....even tho i could care less.

Now i agree that gandy was wrong about suarez....his arm is tremendous....but theres better ways of making your point.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing how ryan strieby was gonna be a beast also......jess sayin.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to the tigers farm....theres only one person on here i really take serious. And thats adrian.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont post here more because I own 3 businesses and don't have time... if i could i would love to... but trust me... I guarantee I follow the Tigers farm more than anyone here... .

Over/Under on how long it takes Hammer to boot Vice this time around, a week? A month? (Hope he gets to pound his chest about high school track, his pretend UofM degree, and his Brazilian wife before hand.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now i agree that gandy was wrong about suarez....his arm is tremendous....but theres better ways of making your point.

I was speaking of his glove lately was not spectactular. Not his arm... He may be perenial gold glover down the road. He has not been the last few games. He took one post and ran with his own conclusion of my statement.

Had I known he was Vice I would have never even responded.

The inferior I am better than you is so easy for guys pretending they know all...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under on how long it takes Hammer to boot Vice this time around, a week? A month? (Hope he gets to pound his chest about high school track, his pretend UofM degree, and his Brazilian wife before hand.)

Dont most UM fans on here claim they have that degree? :laugh3:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing how ryan strieby was gonna be a beast also......jess sayin.

Never once said that... not once... Don't know what your problem is today... But if you guys would rather i don't post here.. i could care less.. outside of about 3 guys on this site its just a bunch of banter of a frustrated fan... very little actual info... and I could easily write for mlive on the tigers farm... That being said spartan... you became exactly what you used to rip others about here... you want your blogs.. have them... they are all yours.. I have better things to do than post here...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dumb ass post.....maybe you should write for mlive then.....werent you the one telling us how good reed was? How great our BP was coming out of spring training? Lobstein? What happened to him? See i remember.... I NEVER heard you talk about suarez before. It was always hernan perez....why would YOU know MORE about tiger prospects then most? Because you go to spring training? Most guys invited to spring training everyone knows....now if you lived around grand rapids, and watched west michigan every night, THEN you might know about guys the usual fan MIGHT not know about.

And who gives a shit if you own 3 businesses....seems like you add a new one every year.....im calling coughcoughbullshit.....even tho i could care less.

Oh and just for you cleaves... I know more because I pay attention to all levels from rookie league to toledo when I know that few of you do... outside maybe a quick look... Going to spring training allows you to see the players in person and what they can do for yourself without hype or bias. You should try going one year... you would enjoy it. As for Lobstein.. he started off rough but has been the best starter in Toledo for the last month or two... if you look at his numbers ... a 3.62 era not to bad after the rough start he got off too... so that being said.. he most likely would get a call up if a starter is needed over Ray...

You crack me up bro... You are one of the guys here that types on emotion and rarely adds actual input that is useful to a fan. You get mad after one bad performance and are probably one of the guys that were calling for phil cokes head but now wont even mention his name... Its ok bro... I don't take you serious any way... I will be on my way now.. enjoy your boards as a place to vent you frustration with the team and learn very little... because that is all this place is good for.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be on my way now.. enjoy your boards

hzu6t.jpg

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Spartan that Vice is talkin about? I remember a Spartan on CBS boards. ...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and just for you cleaves... I know more because I pay attention to all levels from rookie league to toledo when I know that few of you do... outside maybe a quick look... Going to spring training allows you to see the players in person and what they can do for yourself without hype or bias. You should try going one year... you would enjoy it. As for Lobstein.. he started off rough but has been the best starter in Toledo for the last month or two... if you look at his numbers ... a 3.62 era not to bad after the rough start he got off too... so that being said.. he most likely would get a call up if a starter is needed over Ray...

You crack me up bro... You are one of the guys here that types on emotion and rarely adds actual input that is useful to a fan. You get mad after one bad performance and are probably one of the guys that were calling for phil cokes head but now wont even mention his name... Its ok bro... I don't take you serious any way... I will be on my way now.. enjoy your boards as a place to vent you frustration with the team and learn very little... because that is all this place is good for.

Says the bro who ran track for mason county central....:laugh3:.....YEEEHAWWWW

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am going to laugh when putkonen has a stellar year and so does reed. Both were very solid last year.... and both are legit mlb bullpen guys. Tigers will be fine.

Guess i shouldve went to spring training so i would know more eh?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess i shouldve went to spring training so i would know more eh?

Putkonen is injured and needed surgery on his elbow... Reed was not bad at all outside of one or two outings at the end... he would still be in detroit if not for the court case. Seriously... Try as you might... but nothing you add here will inform or enlighten anyone... At least the stats that I post on here about minor leaguers gets people talking about stuff outside the norm.

Funny joke about Mason County Central... I don't live there anymore... and I can guarantee my watch is worth more than most houses there now... so I would say it served me well growing up there.