• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get cleaves bashing me here.. I got along fine with all of you guys for the most part.. The guys here that post off emotions, have little insight on the team, and talk more about bs than useful conversation about the tigers make this place worthless anyways... Its a main reason you rarely see me post here... I read most of the posts here and just close the page after seeing its mostly bs... As I said before.. I am not going to lose sleep not posting here...

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone else really getting tired of Jackson refusing to dive for balls and letting them land a foot in front of him. I will not even get into the defense in RF from Torii.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone else really getting tired of Jackson refusing to dive for balls and letting them land a foot in front of him. I will not even get into the defense in RF from Torii.

It's been frustrating for years. He typically gets nice jumps and covers so much ground, just won't leave his feet. Used to drive me nuts, until I heard him speak about it and I just accepted that he's firmly in the "no dive" school of thought. It's probably saved a few runs over the years by not missing and turning singles into triples. But it sure would be nice to see him make an effort at a great diving grab sometimes. (Torii sure had slipped fast out there. Father Time is still undefeated for his career...)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but id hope if the game was on the line, he might try and dive. Maybe he just doesnt know how or have any confidence. Yeah tori fell quick...anyone think the rookie manager has the balls to sit tori once him and dirks are healthy? Gonna be a crowded OF with ajax, tori, dirks, davis, JD...we got 5 mediocre OF's....too bad we couldnt combine 3 of em to make a great clone lol..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putkonen is injured and needed surgery on his elbow... Reed was not bad at all outside of one or two outings at the end... he would still be in detroit if not for the court case. Seriously... Try as you might... but nothing you add here will inform or enlighten anyone... At least the stats that I post on here about minor leaguers gets people talking about stuff outside the norm.

Funny joke about Mason County Central... I don't live there anymore... and I can guarantee my watch is worth more than most houses there now... so I would say it served me well growing up there.

Court case? Riiiiiiight.....so if miggy gets a court case, they will just let him go before hes found guilty? Riiiiiiight....

Your watch? Lol thats funny....i forgot you were a multi-millionaire...riiiiiiiiiiight

3 businesses.....lets see...i bet its a club? A titty bar? And a tanning salon? Am i close? Riiiiiiiiiiight......

Man i love getting my entertainment on here when needed....kids been in michigan the last week....i been bored.....i dont have a yacht like someone to go vacation on when the kids are away....me and my hot brazill.....oops i mean hot african american wife....:yahoo:..........

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if any of you follow soccer.....im not a big fan but i been watching trying to get into it.....went down to grant park yesterday and it was crazy....downtown chicago was packed with fans watching on a big screen out in the park....was pretty cool.....too bad USA choked....yup i said it..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if any of you follow soccer.....im not a big fan but i been watching trying to get into it.....went down to grant park yesterday and it was crazy....downtown chicago was packed with fans watching on a big screen out in the park....was pretty cool.....too bad USA choked....yup i said it..

[YOUTUBE]U6d68N-r1p0[/YOUTUBE]

USA will be fine.....Just root for a Portugal win over Ghana or a draw between those two teams, or a 1 goal win by Ghana and a 1 goal loss by the USA.....Basically we get in with a Win, Draw or loss with Ghana having to win by 2 goals.....

World Cup Soccer is way more entertaining then the olympics.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bandmate was talking to me about, "JD hits great, but he's a decline on defense compared to Hunter." And I replied, "not this year's Hunter."

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No game tonight....... I am back from the hinter lands of Pennsylvania....should get lineups going again...
Reading up on the thread it great to see all the love going on....image how it would be if the Tigers were in last place.... Love the way JD is playing hope they ride it as long it goes.... Hunter must really be hurting, old guys take longer to heal....rest may be good for him, no need to rush.....having too many OFs is a good problem to have..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No game tonight....... I am back from the hinter lands of Pennsylvania....should get lineups going again...
Reading up on the thread it great to see all the love going on....image how it would be if the Tigers were in last place.... Love the way JD is playing hope they ride it as long it goes.... Hunter must really be hurting, old guys take longer to heal....rest may be good for him, no need to rush.....having too many OFs is a good problem to have..

I resemble that remark... just pure hate on old guys.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the way JD is playing hope they ride it as long it goes....

JD Martinez: AL Player of the Week. Who saw THAT coming when we brought him up?

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe threre was a hint because of the tear he was on in Toledo. ....not to this extent but if he can be a .270 hitter when he cools down it will be good...and a little power...I have always liked Dirks and look forward to him returning. ...Hunter and Davis are on the down side right now for the season....I think Davis will do more sitting when everyone is healthy. ....Kelly?

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers send cash for Daniel Schlereth to Pittsburgh and send him to Toledo.....????? This make everyone happy..eh?

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight in Texas......Davis Kinsler Cabrera Martinez JD Martinez Nick C Jackson Avila Suarez and Smyly on the hill.....

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to tigers prospects Steven Moya (AA outfielder) and Jake Thompson (High A starting P ) for being named to the futures game next month. A little surprised Devon Travis (AA 2B) or Angel Nesbitt (High A Closer) didn't make it. But like most all star games the powers that be like to get a couple players from each organization.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats how you piss away runs. Runner on 2nd no outs useless avalias stands and watches strike 3. Jackson gets throw out Swarez watches strike 3 down the middle.