• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely agree with you.

Raburn started 55 games at second base in 2011. (Plus 39 games in OF, and 4 games at 3B.)

Ramon started 40 games at 2B, 22 games at SS.

Too lazy to look it up, but did inge really play that much just a few yrs ago? If raturd only played 4 at 3B....who else did we have? Am i forgetting about someone?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty must be happy today....dirks out means alot of DK i see.....tigers say they wont rush daniel fields, that they are happy with DK as the platoon with davis.

Back surgery isnt good.....that could nag him for the rest of his life....my backs been bad since i was 29. Thats 13 yrs kids....

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too lazy to look it up, but did inge really play that much just a few yrs ago?

Inge was not sent down to the minors until about July 31 in 2011. Tigers picked up Wilson Betemit in mid-season, and I think he played the most there. Plus Kelly and Worth.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds makers only have detroit higher than most because they play in the AL central....everyone knows about odds i thought....teams like the yankees and cubs over/under for wins or odds are always higher than they should be because of their fans.....they were talking about that on mad dog radio the same discussion where the guy said detroit regressed alot this year....detroits odds are better than teams in the good divisions because they have it tougher just to make it to the playoffs......rangers have to fight the angels and A's....chances are one or maybe even 2 of those teams may miss the playoffs......remember just 2 yrs ago detroit got in over the angels who had a better record than detroit.

You are absolutely correct about the Tigers having the easiest path to the playoffs. With the divisional odds listed it shouldn't be too difficult to take that advantage out of the equation. I will work on it if I have a chance. I wonder how their o/u win total projection differs although given the unbalanced schedule gives the Tigers an advantage there as well. I think the Tigers pitching gives them a decided advantage. I think you accurately described it as Darvish and everybody else.
I am really looking forward to the AL West race this year. I get the feeling that the Angels are going to surprise a few people. I think Pujols is going to have bounce-back year (but not the Albert of old) and everyone knows what I think of Trout. I don't know how the A's do it but I expect them to be in the thick of it.

Smitty must be happy today....dirks out means alot of DK i see.....tigers say they wont rush daniel fields, that they are happy with DK as the platoon with davis.
I thought I read today that DD and Ausmus were willing to give Davis a look at winning the position full-time. I'm a big fan of speed and defense but LF needs to be a position that produces offensively. DK isn't the answer.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy at all that Dirks needs surgery. But not concerned he's not breaking camp with everybody else. I don't want a platoon anymore than Ausmus does. I want DK filling in and doing little things, that's where he has value, no need to see him start in left three days a week or anything.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inge was not sent down to the minors until about July 31 in 2011. Tigers picked up Wilson Betemit in mid-season, and I think he played the most there. Plus Kelly and Worth.

And Santiago. Was it '11 that Avila started an inter league game at third? I want to say it was against the Dodgers, but Im not sure. (It was out west/late I think.)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhhhh thats right...betemit....man weed messes with your memory

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely correct about the Tigers having the easiest path to the playoffs. With the divisional odds listed it shouldn't be too difficult to take that advantage out of the equation. I will work on it if I have a chance. I wonder how their o/u win total projection differs although given the unbalanced schedule gives the Tigers an advantage there as well. I think the Tigers pitching gives them a decided advantage. I think you accurately described it as Darvish and everybody else.
I am really looking forward to the AL West race this year. I get the feeling that the Angels are going to surprise a few people. I think Pujols is going to have bounce-back year (but not the Albert of old) and everyone knows what I think of Trout. I don't know how the A's do it but I expect them to be in the thick of it.

I thought I read today that DD and Ausmus were willing to give Davis a look at winning the position full-time. I'm a big fan of speed and defense but LF needs to be a position that produces offensively. DK isn't the answer.

The angels scare me every year...they always seem to play us tough...so i hope they get off to a bad start again....i always root for the A's, since we own them in the post season..

I believe the tigers had the highest over under for wins in the AL.....i think the yanks were at 87....i know they were saying that the teams in the west and east were lower because of the depth of the divisions...

I believe it was on mlive about DK replacing dirks and no plans to make a trade or rush up daniel fields.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read today that DD and Ausmus were willing to give Davis a look at winning the position full-time. I'm a big fan of speed and defense but LF needs to be a position that produces offensively. DK isn't the answer.[/QUOTE]

Neither is davis full time. Is he all of the sudden going to be able to hit righties? Probably not. He was a switch hitter when he first came up but hasnt been in years. When is the last time the tigers had offensive production from left field?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I still give the edge to Oakland to win the division again. That division is a 3-horse race that could go any way but i would put it OAK-TEX-LAA. If Texas needs to go the WC route to get into the playoffs it will be tough to win the Divisonal round without Darvish pitching until Game 3 or 4.

I don't get why you list Jurickson Profar as an asset for the Rangers and list Nick C as a question mark for the Tigers. Profar struggled mightily last year and his minor league numbers suggest he will never be even an average hitter. Andrus is a stud but Rios is nothing special. The Beltre-Prince combo is scary good.

I think the Tigers have shown how difficult it is to win the WS with an all-or-nothing approach on offense.

Oddsmakers seem to have it right listing the Tigers as 8/1 odds and the Rangers at 18/1.

Its so hard for me to determine if the angels and the athletics will be contenders or pretenders. They were both surprising last year, angels for the wrong reasons. I like texas to take the divison but if the angels can ever figure it out they sure do have some star power. I think the athletics will regress this year and finish at or slightly below .500.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither is davis full time. Is he all of the sudden going to be able to hit righties? Probably not. He was a switch hitter when he first came up but hasnt been in years. When is the last time the tigers had offensive production from left field?[/QUOTE]

The great craig monroe!!!!!

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read today the Tigers may make a trade to replace Dirks. Names mentioned Jon Jay or Matt Joyce.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so hard for me to determine if the angels and the athletics will be contenders or pretenders. They were both surprising last year, angels for the wrong reasons. I like texas to take the divison but if the angels can ever figure it out they sure do have some star power. I think the athletics will regress this year and finish at or slightly below .500.

I like the Angels to take that division and score a shit ton of runs in the process.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time the tigers had offensive production from left field?

Larry Herndon? LOL.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Steve Lombardozzi Jr. may play some games in LF against RHPs, if he shows he can hit them better than Davis or Kelly. He's started 49 career games in the OF, and is at least adequate defensively. He's also a switch hitter with a .264 career BA, but only .254 as a left-handed batter. No pop, either.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is only 2 months so I'm not sure the Tigers need to make a move. on the other hand, another outfielder wouldn't hurt us If it came at the right price. I think the team is going to try and patch things together until Dirks gets back.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read nicky c has been having trouble defensively at 3B....2 errors, but also 2 friendly calls that could of made it 4 errors.....i hope he figures it out quick....at least with miggy he had a nice glove and cannon but no range....starting to look like nick might have more range but a worse glove.