• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he should not be in pros. This is first time I fault Ausmus putting him in. Just maybe he learned a lesson as a manager about this team never being out of it.

He was pitching Coke with 6-1 leads in the 8th. No problem... he made a bad decision tonight. Learn from it and move on.

This how many times can we put choke in and have him live up to his name. AT one point its on the manager to not use him. :L

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went crazy when JD Martinez hit that bomb.. But you win some and you lose some.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate for New Mexico?

Sure. I just hate on Coke more.

I can make the excuse that late inning pitchers are better when pitching with a lead, not tied or behind... I hate that one though.

I actually put more frustration on Ausmus pitching Coke in that situation than ole Meheco losing. Truly had no reason even having a chance in this game. Not sure if it was the bend but don't break get out of jams pitching or Injuns flat out not capitalizing on 452 baserunners.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I just hate on Coke more.

I can make the excuse that late inning pitchers are better when pitching with a lead, not tied or behind... I hate that one though.

I actually put more frustration on Ausmus pitching Coke in that situation than ole Meheco losing. Truly had no reason even having a chance in this game. Not sure if it was the bend but don't break get out of jams pitching or Injuns flat out not capitalizing on 452 baserunners.

Coke makes little difference to me in the big scheme of things.(I love trashing him as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong.) He blows.(His ERA went down some tonight : ) Wont be around when anything matters. (I keep telling myself that)And I've hated ALAL for years, since he didn't like to throw strikes in the past. Was just hoping to see some shit thrown his way really. Cleveland had the better pitcher going, a 4-3 loss wasn't a surprise. (Thought we'd score less.). But it does suck losing after our second shittiest player got us to extras. (Just after I said,"Well he's terrible but he hit homers for Toledo." He hit a homer for us. Rita laughed at both.). Worst part was the mighty BullPen ending the winning streak. Since the winning streak only happened because they were so good. (IMO anyway.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he should not be in pros. This is first time I fault Ausmus putting him in. Just maybe he learned a lesson as a manager about this team never being out of it.

He was pitching Coke with 6-1 leads in the 8th. No problem... he made a bad decision tonight. Learn from it and move on.

Well, the Tiger bullpen had been used a lot last week. Only Porcello went really deep into a game among the starters. Ausmus can't keep using the same 3 guys in the 6th-7th-8th, day after day. So there's the rub: If you have a reliever who can't be used in close games, HE SHOULD NOT BE ON YOUR ROSTER.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate for New Mexico?

Al Al has actually pitched decently lately, and has only 4 walks in 17.2 IP. VERY good for him. But that hanging, do-nothing slider to Brantley was awful. Basically a BP fastball above the waist. Sad thing is, he threw one almost as bad on the pitch before that, but it was a bit higher and Brantley fouled it off. So it was like, "Oh, that one wasn't fat enough? Here's one a little lower that you can crush!"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been really good this year. Just like reading AlAl hate is all. That dude has cut years off my life. (Sucks knowing Coke is safe for awhile. With Ray going back down on Friday, Cokes at least two roster moves away from DFA still.)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, Ray going down before Coke is a head scratcher.....Ray looks like Smyly did last year....He looks everybit MLB ready from the past few outings I've seen.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, Ray going down before Coke is a head scratcher.....Ray looks like Smyly did last year....He looks everybit MLB ready from the past few outings I've seen.

There was an article on mlive a couple days ago about why Ray wouldn't be retained in the bullpen ... They Tigers not only want, but NEED him to keep working every 5th day in the minors because he's not just their best insurance policy against a starter getting injured, he's really their ONLY insurance policy. Kyle Lobstein isn't a reliable option, Casey Crosby is stinking it up at AAA, and any other useful starters in the system would have to be moved to the 40-man to be called up.

The Tigers *knock wood* have been quite fortunate to have healthy starters. They used only 6 starters all last year, and 6 so far this year. The major league average is 10.2 starters used in a season.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Another scoreless inning from Krol. But unless we get a little ninth inning magic. The streak is over, and you're to blame. Yep, not Smyly or Coke, you cleeves, you. (Oh well, Raburn and Leyland can have their happy time together this way.)

Haha told ya...

Why did ausmus send coke back out for inning number 2? We tied it up and survived one inning of coke....why test our chances?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....is anyone else sick of seeing phil coke spit 10 thousand times when hes in there? Maybe if he didnt concentrate on spitting so much, he might actually get someone out....what i took out of this game was ausmus wasnt worried about winning or losing this game....the team was tired and he let coke take one for the team....but then we tied it and the BP had to pitch anyways...

JD should stay on team for that one reason....his pinch hitting ability with power.....rajai davis starting to hit like the rajai i knew before....

The part that really worries me is eduardo perez said last night that today is when the tigers players will really feel the strain of no sleep...so im hoping we dont come out flat tonight....would suck having to come out tomorrow trying not to get swept by the shitty injuns.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to speak of same article Howie did.

it goes along same scenario as Smyly. He is here to be a starter. Someone said he deserves the chance to be one. I agree. I as a fan like Smyly better in the pen. However with future of starters Max and Porcello up in air. I would rather keep Ray and Smyly honing the craft of starters for future.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are probably stuck with the Shortstops on this team..

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesdays lineup brought to you direct from Progressive Field: Kinsler Hunter Cabrera Martinez Jackson Nick C Avila Worth Davis and JV on the mound.......beautiful sunny 77 degrees downtown Cleveland

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are probably stuck with the Shortstops on this team..

Sad, but true. At least Romine has shown considerably more range than Peralta, and a great arm to boot. But get used to a sub-Mendoza batting average.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole crap, JV looks like crap early and this time I don't think were going to make it back......He hasn't looked like himself in sometime......He now looks like the guy pecking at corners and paying the price for it. You can only ride a arm so long before it falls off.

The sky isn't falling, but let's face it, Maxie Poo is oure ace regardless what the media says......Max's arm will fall off too, but right now he's our ace.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV is getting destroyed.. No movement at all.. Still has the velocity but that doesn't mean shit!!