• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love their pitching. Starters, relievers, closers. But no power in that lineup. Speaking of power, Michael Brantley you sumbidge! (I predict folks get their bitching about the bullpen fix in. Starting.....,now.)

Yeah, that's just it. Very one-sided team.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coke is shit. Once again he pukes a game up. Once again we leave him in the game to lose. Play of the game.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Coke on this team... Who else are we going to bitch about? :noidea:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's reaction to Phil Coke still being on the team

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grossly underestimate NY my friend.

The Yankees have the 3rd best team batting AVG in the league.

Have you checked stats lately!? It doesn't seem like it. :L

Sure, the rotation is a mess right now due to injuries but what can they do!? The spot starters are getting the job done and (Team Tanaka) is in 1st place. :rollseyes:

Don't you know you can only check stats that make his arguement look good.
Don't look how many runs they give up ( more than they score)or what teams are batting against them.
He brags they are 10th in HR's, yet don't check that they have given up the second most.

Have you checks the stats lately CSD?:scratch:

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you know you can only check stats that make his arguement look good.
Don't look how many runs they give up ( more than they score)or what teams are batting against them.
He brags they are 10th in HR's, yet don't check that they have given up the second most.

Have you checks the stats lately CSD?:scratch:

Politics 101. People like me win elections.

Why would I post anything negative!? That's your job to dig up sonny. :laugh3:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ A lot of truth to that, gandy.

If anyone searches long enough, hard enough, they can come up with a metric where their team looks good "if only" or "but but but"..... :laugh:

Baseball is still a "feel" game for me. Stats and sabremetrics have their place, I'm not denying that. But anyone can pick a stat and say their team would be this-or-that "if only", "if these things had happened", "if this person wasn't injured"... blah blah blah.

It is what it is.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics 101. People like me win elections.

Why would I post anything negative!? That's your job to dig up sonny. :laugh3:

Your post count is WAAAY to low to be winning any elections kid. C'mon now, Fred Thompson tried harder than that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ A lot of truth to that, gandy.

If anyone searches long enough, hard enough, they can come up with a metric where their team looks good "if only" or "but but but"..... :laugh:

Baseball is still a "feel" game for me. Stats and sabremetrics have their place, I'm not denying that. But anyone can pick a stat and say their team would be this-or-that "if only", "if these things had happened", "if this person wasn't injured"... blah blah blah.

It is what it is.

Yep it is what it is, and Yankees will be a near .500 team all year. The whole picture of stats say so.

Fuck the Yankees. Grew up in MD. Been Balmer fan all my life. Just converted to Tigers moving to MI in 94.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Im guessing you haven't seen the super sweet Zubaz tie he wore to the game yet? Right? That's why Phil Coke is on this team. (That and we don't have lefties that are known to be less shitty. (Other than Krol, Smyly and Ray. And prolly DK, dude can do everything so long as your expectations are low.)

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it is what it is, and Yankees will be a near .500 team all year. The whole picture of stats say so.

Fuck the Yankees. Grew up in MD. Been Balmer fan all my life. Just converted to Tigers moving to MI in 94.

Totally get that. Living in Pa the last 10 years, I have a tendency to peek at what the Phillies are doing. Especially when a homegrown PA product in Canzler made the O's roster for a brief period of time.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jinx Coke??? Impossible. Can't say they would not have been up 4-3 without Coke in the game. Just feels good to bitch about him.

sounds like you guys feel the same way about Coke that O's fans feel about our closer Tommy Hunter. (yes, even before the Tigers rallied against us in the 9th last week, lol)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Even though he should not be in pros. This is first time I fault Ausmus putting him in. Just maybe he learned a lesson as a manager about this team never being out of it.

He was pitching Coke with 6-1 leads in the 8th. No problem... he made a bad decision tonight. Learn from it and move on.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post count is WAAAY to low to be winning any elections kid. C'mon now, Fred Thompson tried harder than that.

Smitty, watch out, the kid is in training. He will be back once he figures out how to get his tail from between his legs.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4638-1387405209-7.gif