• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah great....hes banned from here so now he came and ruined my al central smack talk thread with post after post about tiger wanna be fantasy baseball couch managers who blame everything on leyland. Over the last 2 days almost every post is the same bs over and over and over......

Why da fuck they let him back?

He must have used a different IP address, they have been pretty good about spotting IP addresses of idiots.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand prince sucked in the playoffs, but damn people act like hes adam dunn.

Funny how the only people getting blamed are prince, the bullpen, and leyland. Without prince, this team wouldnt had even made the playoffs....guess people want sean casey back.....or move miggy to 1st and have inge or santiago play 3rd. But for some reason people think we can just trade prince, move miggy to 1st and find manny machado to play 3rd.

Scherzer has to be traded....his value is sky high right now....they are not going to be able to sign him also.

Prince's power numbers have been declining since he came to DET, the tigers didnt pay him for 27 home runs a year, they paid him for 40 plus. Its the massive contract and the lack of performance to live up to that contract that concerns me.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Max and pray Prince rebounds next year. I would also consider trading VMart unless he is able to catch 50+ games next year. Also gone would be Nick C because his value will never be higher. All this would give the Tigers some room to sign a 3B, CF and get some bullpen help.

He wont be able to catch ten games next year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way to trading Max.
he still has a few good years. The guy throws 96 mph.
plus if we had any kind of a good bull pen...we win.yes aaron we gave that series away.

Scherzer and verlander can be the best 1 -2 for the next 3 or 4 years.
hate to be with out scherzer

Yeah max is awesome and i love the guy but theres no way around it, either trade him now or lose him in free agency next year. His value will also never be higher than what it is, hes what 28 or 29 now? We have a good idea who max scherzer is and 2013 will be the best year he has, not saying he will suck in 2014, just that he will never replicate the numbers he had. Hes a great pitcher but he has never shown the ability to stay elite consistently like JV. Also factor in a pitcher like sanchez and how massive of a contract he received when his career ERA was right around 4 before signing, unless scherzer totally flops next year hes going to have the biggest contract ever for a pitcher. With fielder, miggy, JV and sanchez theres no room for max. Not to mention I personally dont want to see the tigers tie up that much money in a pitcher who I think already had his best year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the third straight year Prince has protected an MVP. That's worth noting.

True but braun was juicing and miggy is a god. I have noticed miggy has become even better now that he has prince hitting behind him but that raises two questions. One, are we sure its prince and not that miggy is in his prime, and two, is that massive of a contract really worth it?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to trade for prince and that contract JDW, and yes max has a year left, are you willing to risk it. How were his previous years in detroit before this season? They were good, but not elite. Trade him while you can and while he has the best value possible which is now.

Jalopy, vmart isnt going to be traded, i don think.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burf, Im not suggesting blowing the team up. I'm suggesting the only sensible move when it comes to max. I dont want to see any other key pieces moved except avila.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't break my heart to see him stay but the fact is the team has 3 DH's. I don't see how you further risk Miggy's health by keeping him at 3rd. If I'm DD, I offer Max and Nick C for Pedro Alvarez and see if the Pirates bite. VMart could then be moved for young talent or bullpen help.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't break my heart to see him stay but the fact is the team has 3 DH's. I don't see how you further risk Miggy's health by keeping him at 3rd. If I'm DD, I offer Max and Nick C for Pedro Alvarez and see if the Pirates bite. VMart could then be moved for young talent or bullpen help.

Max and nick c for alvarez, lol what? Im assuming this deal includes 30 top minor leaguers in the pirates system as well. I for one dont want alvarez, hes an adam dunn clone. Is there some proof that miggys injury is caused from him playing third? Its more likely it was caused from him playing while injured.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to trade for prince and that contract JDW, and yes max has a year left, are you willing to risk it. How were his previous years in detroit before this season? They were good, but not elite. Trade him while you can and while he has the best value possible which is now.

It's pro baseball if Prince gets off to a hot start someone may bite. This is the same league that has seen Pujols get an absurd contract, Zito, Lincecum, and so on. Especially if Detroit eats some of that contract.

Lets face it that contract only made sense if Detroit won a series. Prince's numbers are fine to be a starting player but not on a team that has Cabrera and V Mart two guys that need to play 1B. And not at 25-30 million a year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers have been notorious for playing offense over defense at all of their positions as well. As much as DD loves power arms he also is willing to see awful defense at every position for better offense, so three DH's sounds about right.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pro baseball if Prince gets off to a hot start someone may bite. This is the same league that has seen Pujols get an absurd contract, Zito, Lincecum, and so on. Especially if Detroit eats some of that contract.

Lets face it that contract only made sense if Detroit won a series. Prince's numbers are fine to be a starting player but not on a team that has Cabrera and V Mart two guys that need to play 1B. And not at 25-30 million a year.

Yeah anything can happen, but even when prince was coming off a monster season in milwaukee he remained a free agent for quite some time. I agree with everything you say after "princes numbers" therein lies the problem.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max and nick c for alvarez, lol what? Im assuming this deal includes 30 top minor leaguers in the pirates system as well. I for one dont want alvarez, hes an adam dunn clone. Is there some proof that miggys injury is caused from him playing third? Its more likely it was caused from him playing while injured.

OK, maybe Dirks for Alvarez.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to trade the soon to be cy young winner and our top prospect for a guy who struck out a billion times, batted .230 had an obp under .300 hit 36 home runs and drove in 100 and then say hopefully the pirates bite. Lol of course they would, who in their right mind wouldnt for that deal.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to trade the soon to be cy young winner and our top prospect for a guy who struck out a billion times, batted .230 had an obp under .300 hit 36 home runs and drove in 100 and then say hopefully the pirates bite. Lol of course they would, who in their right mind wouldnt for that deal.

The original post should have read Max "or" Nick C. As for Max, yes he will be Cy Young winner but we only have him for one more year. If we want him after that we will have to pay (above) market price. So would I trade one year of Max for a cheap home run hitter that strikes out too much? Yes, I would.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but braun was juicing and miggy is a god. I have noticed miggy has become even better now that he has prince hitting behind him but that raises two questions. One, are we sure its prince and not that miggy is in his prime, and two, is that massive of a contract really worth it?

Is any massive contract ever worth it?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not opposed to trading Max for the right package. As Smyly is ready to step into the rotation.

How sick of an infield would Detroit have with Inglesias and Andruss if Max was shipped to Texas?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering about the Illitch family and how much dad gets to spend. COULD they resign Scherzer? I know people are saying that they can't afford another $20+ million dollar player. But, who says they can't (as in - don't have the money) do so?

VMart....I'd hate to see him go, but they need to reduce the number of DHs in the starting lineup. I'd rather see Fielder gone...but he is close to un-tradeable right now. Plus - eliminating the last year of VMart's contract frees up money if the do want to resign Max.

We might get a hint on how many changes might occur when a new manager is named. If they stay 'with-in house', there might not be many.

Last edited by a moderator: