• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how most fans are piling on fielder....

Im not sticking up for him anymore, but theres alot of blame to go around...sure he had no RBI's. Guys gotta get on. Wasnt like he was 1-30. The blame can come from everywhere...

Leyland for blowing game 2 micro managing
Fielders hitting
Jackson and his K's...once he hit 8th he was ok
Tori swinging so hard and missing all the time
Miggy not being able to run....and a huge error
Avila outside of his homerun
Infante sucked bad
Iggys fielding blunder
The bullpen
Baserunning
and the biggest reason HITTING INTO FUCKING DOUBLE PLAYS

Next year in the post season....everytime we get a leadoff hit....no matter if its miggy or iggy....we need to bunt the guy to 2nd, just to stay out of DP.

Victor, the starting pitching and peralta are about the only people not to blame.....even tho vmarts speed hurts us too....a single off the monster? Shoulda went to 2nd then maybe prince coulda scored. I never seen a team struggle with men on base and less than 2 outs like this team. A fat slow beer league softball team.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put in on the managers inability to manage, when your leadoff guy is a strike out machine put him down in the order but dont compensate but having the slumping hitter at clean up. Why not have martenez and perlta before fielder?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how most fans are piling on fielder....

Im not sticking up for him anymore, but theres alot of blame to go around...sure he had no RBI's. Guys gotta get on. Wasnt like he was 1-30. The blame can come from everywhere...

Leyland for blowing game 2 micro managing
Fielders hitting
Jackson and his K's...once he hit 8th he was ok
Tori swinging so hard and missing all the time
Miggy not being able to run....and a huge error
Avila outside of his homerun
Infante sucked bad
Iggys fielding blunder
The bullpen
Baserunning
and the biggest reason HITTING INTO FUCKING DOUBLE PLAYS

Next year in the post season....everytime we get a leadoff hit....no matter if its miggy or iggy....we need to bunt the guy to 2nd, just to stay out of DP.

Victor, the starting pitching and peralta are about the only people not to blame.....even tho vmarts speed hurts us too....a single off the monster? Shoulda went to 2nd then maybe prince coulda scored. I never seen a team struggle with men on base and less than 2 outs like this team. A fat slow beer league softball team.

The Miggy/Prince/Vmart triumvirate can't stay intact. I think VMart would be the easiest to move (sign and trade).
There are two area that are absolute needs for improvement; Speed and Bullpen. It is assumed that defense will improve with the speed.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this positive tid bit.....I didn't hear anyone making excuses about Miggys injury....We simply said he isn't running hard or driving the ball......I like that......I didn't hear excuses from the Organization either that I recall.....

Excuses are like assholes everyone has one.....So on the positive side we have that going for us......Play and Play hard, no excuses.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if its close to the same injury that the toad cutler got yesterday. He tore his groin too and barely could walk....if its close, that would be funny....miggy played thru it and the toad hobbled off.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland is gone. iam so happy. its was 3 years to late.

his legacy..playing Raburn to long way to long.
playing Inge. way to long or as he called him Ingy
sending phil coke out there to blow another game! or as he called him Cokie

his record in the second half of all his season except 1 was terrible. his teams got worse as the season went on.

dead weight is gone

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland is gone. iam so happy. its was 3 years to late.

his legacy..playing Raburn to long way to long.
playing Inge. way to long or as he called him Ingy
sending phil coke out there to blow another game! or as he called him Cokie

his record in the second half of all his season except 1 was terrible. his teams got worse as the season went on.

dead weight is gone

two years im thinking. Last playoffs was just bad. Adjust anytime? :yahoo: It was a great run while it lasted.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new blood needed.

change is good. remember what bill parcels said.
you are what your record says you are.

new manager. bull pen help and a left fielder...
we could go back to the ALCS for the 4th straight year.

and even farther

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats this crap about trading Scherzer???

I don't see it. maybe if he wants to much money. His agent is Boris.
maybe tigers can pay him. the play roll is high already. you can have every body making $20 mill plus.
hate to lose him even in a trade

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats this crap about trading Scherzer???

I don't see it. maybe if he wants to much money. His agent is Boris.
maybe tigers can pay him. the play roll is high already. you can have every body making $20 mill plus.
hate to lose him even in a trade

The same crap about trading granderson.....trade em while their hot....get cheaper younger players.....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not crap it makes sense in every aspect. You sell your stocks when they have peaked, scherzer has peaked for detroit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been booted from this board again. Should be booted from the Lions board soon.

Alright good, its now more the creepy stalker making multiple ids iffy that makes me want him banned. I was ok with him and am ok with most people unless they are trolls or psychos.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame JL for everything. He was set in his ways and drove me crazy with his right- left thing. But he stuck to his guns and was mostly successful. Good luck.....
Trades will be a big topic this off season. What do we have others want and what help will they offer. Max and Vmart look like the players that would bring the most.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright good, its now more the creepy stalker making multiple ids iffy that makes me want him banned. I was ok with him and am ok with most people unless they are trolls or psychos.

Yeah great....hes banned from here so now he came and ruined my al central smack talk thread with post after post about tiger wanna be fantasy baseball couch managers who blame everything on leyland. Over the last 2 days almost every post is the same bs over and over and over......

Why da fuck they let him back?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey cora on mlb....."ozzie guillen would be great in detroit".....

Guess he wants to come to detroit with ozzie....ozzie and miggy hanging out drinking all night? Ozzie and DD fighting? But i sort of like it.....lol. I dont know why......maybe because none of our players can speak english either? Or if we won it all it would be a slap in the white sox face?

So many options for DD...

Just say NO to geno and lloyd mac!!!!

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new blood needed.

change is good. remember what bill parcels said.
you are what your record says you are.

new manager. bull pen help and a left fielder...
we could go back to the ALCS for the 4th straight year.

and even farther

Leylands carrier numbers are just about 500. What does that say about him? :laugh3:
im still sick to my stomach over how we GAVE the series away.
I would like to keep scherzer. The braves had an all world pitching staff at one point.