• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have 108 mil for 7 players plus 9 arb players probably around 35 mil (most from max, dog and Rick). So that leaves the team around 140 mil plus signing Benoit and Infante will probably be (13 mil for benoit and 8 for Omar is what mlb trade rumors estimates) around 20 . So the payroll is way high at around 160 mil for 18 players. Hard to really rework the pen with that kind of payroll. The good news the extra 25 mil teams get from the new tv deal helps. If the Tigers had 150 this year with the new deal they should be able to afford 175. However that is getting close to the luxury tax.

hockeydad55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have 108 mil for 7 players plus 9 arb players probably around 35 mil (most from max, dog and Rick). So that leaves the team around 140 mil plus signing Benoit and Infante will probably be (13 mil for benoit and 8 for Omar is what mlb trade rumors estimates) around 20 . So the payroll is way high at around 160 mil for 18 players. Hard to really rework the pen with that kind of payroll. The good news the extra 25 mil teams get from the new tv deal helps. If the Tigers had 150 this year with the new deal they should be able to afford 175. However that is getting close to the luxury tax.

The good thing for the Tigers is really the payroll is whatever Mr. I says it is. Whatever he's willing to pay. The Tigers do very well with attendance and TV deals, so that helps.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing for the Tigers is really the payroll is whatever Mr. I says it is. Whatever he's willing to pay. The Tigers do very well with attendance and TV deals, so that helps.
Actually the Granderson/Edwin Jackson trade came after the Tigers went above the luxury tax after I believe the 08 season. So we can assume that Mr I will not go over the luxury tax again which will make them a multiple offender and cause the tax rate to increase. So my guess is the 171 mil threshold for the luxury tax is as high as they go.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland has to go.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Legendary Lloyd is in the top 3. But I imagine Brookens will get the nod. He was my guess three years ago, he's my guess now.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the memories Jimmy Smokes and thanks for calling it one.

It's time to shake things up a little bit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for a great run this year tigers, sad to see you go JL. But we will get a new coach for ppl to always blame. Anyhow many posters as well as myself were not overly excited about the fielder signing citing that he would handcuff them in the future by sucking and swallowing all of their spending cash. Looks like later is now. I admit i didnt think it would be until the fourth or fifth year of his contract but he got his money and checked out. Ppl were saying that about JV which is absurd, tigers fans should know JV is the best, prince is not and besides his hustle he has never been impressive for the amount of money he is making. Anyhow unless theres a team as stupid as the angels (vernon wells) or white sox (alex rios) we are stuck with him. Think carlos guillen, nate robertson, bonderman times a thousand. So the tigers best move this offseason has nothing to do with him. They need to trade scherzer now. He will never have this great of a season again, his value is at an all time high, they can get a huge package in return that they can afford, and he wont leave next season because they cant afford him. It is a must if we want to see the tigers have a chance beyond 2014. I trust dombrowski.

Good luck to jl in whatever he chooses to do and thanks for the awesome years.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad defense +
Weak bullpen +
Poor baserunning =
NO WORLD SERIES!

All true, but it really came down to:
Boston bullpen = zero blown saves
Tiger bullpen = two blown saves

That was the two-game swing in a nutshell.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could ronnie/iffy be banned already? How creepy is it that hes using a different ip address just to sign onto this thread to give the same old bullshit talk about how JL never does anything wrong.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Torey Lovullo may be on the short list. Too bad Sparky isn't around to tell us he's the next John McGraw. Also hear Brad Ausmus is on the list. And I just hope we don't land him and trade him for Bo Porter.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could ronnie/iffy be banned already? How creepy is it that hes using a different ip address just to sign onto this thread to give the same old bullshit talk about how JL never does anything wrong.

He's been booted from this board again. Should be booted from the Lions board soon.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been staying away once i saw the supreme stalker iffy returned. I see its the same old bs...

Seen him on cbs spouting the same "tiger fans blame the manager no matter what" crap. Dude needs a life. How many names is he gonna use?