• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie still have a mancrush on u Cleaves?

You see he came and set up a tent in the al central smack talk thread now. He claims hes a tiger fan, but yet he talks smack to tiger fans while siding with fans of other teams......i wouldnt have a problem with him so much if he took down his tiger logo and didnt act like he was a tiger fan....hes like an undercover indian,twin,royal fan....who tries to make tiger fans look bad. Well that and if he quit stalking.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie still have a mancrush on u Cleaves?

Yup burf as soon as you ask me, ronnie comes in and copies and pastes that earlier response of mine....i guess he cant get enough of following me around....he must really miss it in here...he cant post in here but he still comes in to see what we are saying....and copies and pastes our posts.....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland is gone. iam so happy. its was 3 years to late.

his legacy..playing Raburn to long way to long.
playing Inge. way to long or as he called him Ingy
sending phil coke out there to blow another game! or as he called him Cokie

his record in the second half of all his season except 1 was terrible. his teams got worse as the season went on.

dead weight is gone

So if Dave D gives the job to McClendon the legacy issue may be different.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy's breaking down may have more to do with playing 3b.

IMO he isn't destined to stay at 3b for much longer. He is just to big and does not move well enough for 3b. I do have to give him credit he did a better job than I expected but thats a position that wears you down.

I think the Tigers would be lucky to get another full year with Miggy at 3b.

As for Prince thats a bad contract. No way around it and it may cost Detroit either Max or Miggy. I wonder if the Tigers would be willing to eat some of that contract to move him if it means keeping Max?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy's breaking down may have more to do with playing 3b.

IMO he isn't destined to stay at 3b for much longer. He is just to big and does not move well enough for 3b. I do have to give him credit he did a better job than I expected but thats a position that wears you down.

I think the Tigers would be lucky to get another full year with Miggy at 3b.

As for Prince thats a bad contract. No way around it and it may cost Detroit either Max or Miggy. I wonder if the Tigers would be willing to eat some of that contract to move him if it means keeping Max?

I would trade Max and pray Prince rebounds next year. I would also consider trading VMart unless he is able to catch 50+ games next year. Also gone would be Nick C because his value will never be higher. All this would give the Tigers some room to sign a 3B, CF and get some bullpen help.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand prince sucked in the playoffs, but damn people act like hes adam dunn.

Funny how the only people getting blamed are prince, the bullpen, and leyland. Without prince, this team wouldnt had even made the playoffs....guess people want sean casey back.....or move miggy to 1st and have inge or santiago play 3rd. But for some reason people think we can just trade prince, move miggy to 1st and find manny machado to play 3rd.

Scherzer has to be traded....his value is sky high right now....they are not going to be able to sign him also.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DH spot will be open after next year once vmart is done....then maybe miggy and prince share 1st and DH.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way to trading Max.
he still has a few good years. The guy throws 96 mph.
plus if we had any kind of a good bull pen...we win.yes aaron we gave that series away.

Scherzer and verlander can be the best 1 -2 for the next 3 or 4 years.
hate to be with out scherzer

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much more does V Mart have?
who would we get if we traded him?
he still has some clutch hits in his bat. limited any where but DH.

as for Fielder. worst flop in post season history. no way around it. His comments in the papers didn't help him... could be a rough season for him in 2014.
BUT...BUT. he is a solid RBI guy during the season. He helps you get there..he just hurts you when you get there

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder said all the wrong things in the press. said it was no big deal. he could shrug it off very easy.

I think he has to come out and talk about his post season.
He has to show the fans he is ready to do better.
and..he must prove it by showing up to spring training 20 pounds lighter.
prove to the fans you are doing some thing to make a difference

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the third straight year Prince has protected an MVP. That's worth noting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Nicky C gets dealt. If there were a great deal of confidence in him from the upper levels, Jhonny Peralta and Don Kelly most likely wouldn't have been the starting leftfielders in the playoffs. Just my opinion. My opinion on Dirks is about the same.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Nick C going anywhere, he wasn't ready for prime time. Panic set in about the offence because of Miggys injury and the slump the rest of the team was in. Jhonny was supposed to be the answer or a big part of it. Moving Vmart makes sense. He is hot and should bring a decent player, a 3rd baseman would be nice. Not knocking Miggy but 1st would be better, like someone said Prince and him DH and 1st. BP help sure is needed but a healthy Rondon will be a good start.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were too many good things about this Tiger team to go too ape shit crazy about a million changes. A new manager should see a new attitude and direction.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ape shit but Detroit has enough assets that it should be able to fix a lot of holes without having to resort too much to the free agent market. I think a leadoff hitter is a key need. Even on his best days, AJ is never going to be a contact hitter.
I love VMart's ability to hit from both sides but Prince is untradeable and one of the three DH's must go.

With Iggy replacing JP, we need another big bat in the lineup but we would have 3B and LF to fill, two positions that are traditionally for power hitters.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max needs to go simply because he won't be worth the price he ultimately gets. You can have him for 1 year and then lose him for nothing or you can trade him now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple options on the market that can play left and leadoff. (Im not ready to do this, but im doing jt anyway) I don't think moving Dirks or Nicky C is ape shit crazy. They didn't play when it mattered anyway. If Texas has any interest in Scherzer I'd hope we'd have interest in Beltre. Hopefully the lockup Infante before anything else though. Be a nice piece of mind to know the middle of the infield is set, with range.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of those ideas are ape shit crazy. Just a comment, there is not a need to blow this thing up, lots of good thoughts out there.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you burf, I'd hate to see the core group blown up. But a piece here and there needs to be worked with. Three straight seasons the offense has been minimized in the postseason. Something has to change there. And we all know the bullpen is lacking. Should be a fun offseason of theorizing and prognosticating. Plus the void at manager right now...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max has a year left. The only way I deal him is if the offer blows the Tigers away!

I would go into the season hoping Prince rebounds well enough to get a big market team interested in him. I

t's not a Adam Dunn thing it's a 24 million dollars thing for 7 more years. The Tigers are now in a financial bind. The only way he is worth 24 million is if he hits close to what Miggy does. And the last three years show a decline in production.

In the grand scheme this is the roster I would like to see:

CF - Austin Jackson
LF - Tori Hunter
RF - Dirks/platoon FA
C - Avilia
1b - Cabrera
2b - Infante
SS - Inglesias
3B - Castellanos
DH - V Mart

That would allow the Tigers to extend Max and get a FA platoon guy to go with Dirks. The Tigers should deal Porcello for some solid relief help and move Smily to the rotation.