• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson would consider D.C.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just unbelievable today that this is where we are at. They guy actually fornicated on the table during one of his massages. The league is basically turning a blind eye to his 24-26 unethical meetings with these women he acted inappropriate with. The Texans however, supplied the means necessary to do so. (Hotel room and NDA) Dude is a serious predator! Wonder how accepting Browns fans (especially women) will be?

Being originally from NE Ohio I can say with some confidence that many women that are fans of the team won't be happy. Talking to my sisters back home recently they're both disgusted.

Then there's this whole fiasco with DW's bizarre 6 game suspension. Thought it should have been longer. So the league hired Sue Robinson to take care of matters like this. If the league overrules her what was the point of hiring her in the first place?

It's a mess. People will be pissed if the NFL does nothing. And if the league makes the suspension longer that's just undermining the very person the they put in charge in the first place.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe those that wanted Watson here were right. He would be the perfect QB for an owner who was pimping and videotaping cheerleaders.

Until sponsors start pulling ads from the NFL, not just the team there is no reason for any of them to behave.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe those that wanted Watson here were right. He would be the perfect QB for an owner who was pimping and videotaping cheerleaders.

Until sponsors start pulling ads from the NFL, not just the team there is no reason for any of them to behave.
exactly

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sue Robinson has reviewed 1 case in her tenure. She should be fired by the NFL.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• DESHAUN WATSONQB, CLEVELAND BROWNS
    Watson

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports the NFL "is appealing for an indefinite suspension that would be a minimum of one year" for Deshaun Watson.​

The MMQB's Albert Breer added that the NFL "positions Watson’s behavior as the most egregious it’s ever seen" in their brief for the appeal. Watson was initially given a six-game suspension. With his base salary set at just $690K, the loss of game checks means next to nothing when compared to the $240 million contract extension he signed with the Browns. For this reason, the NFL is also considering adding a fine to Watson's punishment. The CBA gives commissioner Roger Goodell the power to hear the appeal and change the length of the suspension. He can also designate someone else to hear the appeal. Multiple reports have indicated that the NFLPA will sue the league if Watson is suspended for a season. Things will only get messier if this back-and-forth is taken to court.
    ... See More
    SOURCE: Jeff Darlington on Twitter
    Aug 3, 2022, 5:33 PM ET

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the suspension is for a year and we don't have to face this guy .

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be the best you have to beat the best.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iron sharpens iron. beating "creampuff" teams to an inflated win total is fools' gold is how I look at it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s false bravado, paper champion stuff

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iron sharpens iron. beating "creampuff" teams to an inflated win total is fools' gold is how I look at it.
BINGO

Celebrating an "easy" schedule is not what good organizations do. It is widely known that competing against equal or better teams prepares you for the postseason.

Celebrating or praying for an elite player to not play is not what we should be doing either. I highly doubt coaches or players see it that way either. Our defense needs reps against the best in order to become better. It also helps our coaches learn the strength and weaknesses of their scheme and what their players can do.

It is a confusing mindset to me. I don't want to back into the playoffs. Contrary to belief, the Commanders making the playoffs will not move the needle of the fans at all or be a stepping stone at this time. Hoping for a stress-free, quick, and easy path to the playoffs is irresponsible and is not normal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO

Celebrating an "easy" schedule is not what good organizations do. It is widely known that competing against equal or better teams prepares you for the postseason.

Celebrating or praying for an elite player to not play is not what we should be doing either. I highly doubt coaches or players see it that way either. Our defense needs reps against the best in order to become better. It also helps our coaches learn the strength and weaknesses of their scheme and what their players can do.

It is a confusing mindset to me. I don't want to back into the playoffs. Contrary to belief, the Commanders making the playoffs will not move the needle of the fans at all or be a stepping stone at this time. Hoping for a stress-free, quick, and easy path to the playoffs is irresponsible and is not normal.

I would take anything we can get. In the past, lower seed teams have done well in the playoffs. So it doesn't matter how you get there, it matter how you play when you are there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually beating the people you are supposed to is part of winning ... the success of a team is doing that and beating at least 50% of your better opponents. See the 70s or 80s for reference.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO

exactly. I mean they can't help who is on their schedule every year like college but I want to know with my own eyes how the skins 1's stack up against other teams 1's every sunday.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. I mean they can't help who is on their schedule every year like college but I want to know with my own eyes how the skins 1's stack up against other teams 1's every sunday.
I remember when we played doormats before we became doormats. Lombardi, Allen and Gibbs.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take anything we can get. In the past, lower seed teams have done well in the playoffs. So it doesn't matter how you get there, it matter how you play when you are there.
Lower seeds have done well in the playoffs, but it is not the norm at all. If it was normal and commonplace, there would be no such thing as an upset or Cinderall story.

I agree with your statement of how you play when you get there. You proved my point. Which teams perform well in the playoffs? Those prepared or those not prepared? To make it easier, which scenario helps prepare us:

Playing CLE with a backup QB and beating them by 2 touchdowns.

Playing CLE with Watson and playing a tough game.

Teams that have played playoff teams in playoff atmospheres will do much better in the playoffs than those who have NOT had that exposure at all and simply coasted through the season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can’t beat good teams at their best then why bother ? I want the team to REALLY be the best not some fake crap . There is no pride in being a paper champion

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we played doormats before we became doormats. Lombardi, Allen and Gibbs.
reminds me of the 1991 season where we opened against the lions and beat the shit out of them and held barry sanders in check. flash forward to the NFC championship game against them and again he was held in check.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of the 1991 season where we opened against the lions and beat the shit out of them and held barry sanders in check. flash forward to the NFC championship game against them and again he was held in check.
It was hard for me as a Redskin fan when they started losing to teams like Tampa Bay, the Cardinals and the Lions .... they had clown stomped those teams for so long. You relaxed on Sundays against teams like that then got fired up for Dallas, Giants and San Fran.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower seeds have done well in the playoffs, but it is not the norm at all. If it was normal and commonplace, there would be no such thing as an upset or Cinderall story.

I agree with your statement of how you play when you get there. You proved my point. Which teams perform well in the playoffs? Those prepared or those not prepared? To make it easier, which scenario helps prepare us:

Playing CLE with a backup QB and beating them by 2 touchdowns.

Playing CLE with Watson and playing a tough game.

Teams that have played playoff teams in playoff atmospheres will do much better in the playoffs than those who have NOT had that exposure at all and simply coasted through the season.

you never know what can happen in the playoffs. Step 1 is getting there.