• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson would consider D.C.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather make the playoffs and have a chance at a playoff win to excite the fan base then not to make the playoffs.
Well of course we all WANT to make the playoffs, but deserving to make the playoffs is different.
Are you implying that we cannot beat CLE with Watson starting? If that is the case, no, I don't want to pray that Watson gets suspended so we can slide into the playoffs. If the season came down to us playing CLE with or without Watson, I want to see Watson on the field so we can sack him 10 times and earn that playoff spot. We need to look long-term, not at thumping our chest after a 1st round exit.

Getting a pity win does nothing to help us. Philly did that in 2020 when they laid down after halftime, and we made the playoffs. It literally did NOTHING to invigorate the fanbase and we got a much lower draft pick than we should have. We had no business being in the playoffs. In a matter of fact, we slid several positions for fan attendance and we were dead last in 2021. As such, your theory has already been tried and is not true.

You play to win the game. However, it helps nobody, when the other team is assisting you along the way like Philly did in 2020. If Watson plays, he plays, but real fans want to see him on the field so we beat them with no excuses. 4 posters on this board (Skinsdad, DCRising, Breed, and me)are saying the same thing.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask this a different way. What does "deserving" to make the playoffs mean and if you don't deserve it what should a teams record be?

"you play to win the game" :doh:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask this a different way. What does "deserving" to make the playoffs mean and if you don't deserve it what should a teams record be?

"you play to win the game" :doh:
You do play to win the game Sportster, but you are coming into the middle of one of Dean's exercises about making the playoffs. Dean is stating that we should want to play a weakened CLE team (no Watson) in the name of making the playoffs. I am saying that we don't deserve to be in the playoffs if we hope as a fan base that the starting QB of teams we play is out for that game, just so we can get an easier win.

He has been posing questions about how if we get in "anything can happen" and that we simply need to find a way to get in.

Call it arrogance or pride, but I do not want to back into the playoffs by praying for players to be suspended just so we have an easier path in. I am honestly confused about the point he is trying to make here.

I don't see the point of making the playoffs just to have our doors blown off. In other words, if we can't beat teams with their starting QB playing, and need suspensions to come in to save us, why would feel we have a shot at advancing in the playoffs? I have stated that I would rather go in prepared by playing teams at 100% instead of hoping for the starting QB to be out. The competition helps the players and coaches.

It is not an aspect of being a fan that I am familiar with. Hoping Watson is out, bragging about having the "easiest" schedule in the NFL. etc. I guess I am old school and simply want to see both teams line up and the best team wins. Purposely wanting other teams NOT to be at 100% so we have a better chance at winning is strange to me.

His rationale is that the fans need this to happen. It is a bit odd to me. Maybe I am misunderstanding what he is trying to say but the statements he keeps repeating are "anything can happen in the playoffs" and "we just need to get in".

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't see the point of making the playoffs just to have our doors blown off." So you would prefer 4-13?

I am not coming in the middle of anything. I don't read Dean's posts but I see the comments to his posts. Personally I am rooting for the best team Washington can be. Injuries are part of the NFL. I am not rooting for them, an injury ended one of my nephews college football career. However if they play someone that has been unlucky with injuries I am going to expect the team to win.

I get your point. You want your team to be 14-3 and look like a team with a chance. Me too. Arguing I don't want the team to beat mostly weaker teams and end up 9-8 and make the playoffs doesn't make sense to me either. I'd rather be 9-8 instead of 4-13 any year. Is 9-8 a successful season .... not really ... it is mediocre but it beats sucking.

Last point, this team has not won 11 games since Snyder became owner .... not sure why anyone is expecting a SB team. We'd love it but I am not holding my breath.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't see the point of making the playoffs just to have our doors blown off." So you would prefer 4-13?

I am not coming in the middle of anything. I don't read Dean's posts but I see the comments to his posts. Personally I am rooting for the best team Washington can be. Injuries are part of the NFL. I am not rooting for them, an injury ended one of my nephews college football career. However if they play someone that has been unlucky with injuries I am going to expect the team to win.

I get your point. You want your team to be 14-3 and look like a team with a chance. Me too. Arguing I don't want the team to beat mostly weaker teams and end up 9-8 and make the playoffs doesn't make sense to me either. I'd rather be 9-8 instead of 4-13 any year. Is 9-8 a successful season .... not really ... it is mediocre but it beats sucking.

Last point, this team has not won 11 games since Snyder became owner .... not sure why anyone is expecting a SB team. We'd love it but I am not holding my breath.
Nope, I am not saying that at all. I am simply saying that if we are an average team and must hope/pray for starting QBs to be suspended so we can win toss-up games, yes, I think we would be ill-prepared to go to the playoffs and would lose. I agree that injuries are part of the game and that you have to beat who is in front of you. However, in this example, Dean has suggested that we should be hoping for Watson to be out so it will be easier for us to make the playoffs. My point is that if the season comes down to the CLE game, and we cannot beat CLE with Watson, should we be in the playoffs at all? I would say no. That is my opinion.

I am not rooting for them, an injury ended one of my nephews college football career.
Sorry to hear that.

Arguing I don't want the team to beat mostly weaker teams and end up 9-8 and make the playoffs doesn't make sense to me either.
I am not saying this. I am simply stating that I don't think we should necessarily be proud of having the "easiest" schedule in the NFL. We should expect to beat weaker teams. I agree. I also hope we take out some of the better teams as well.

The argument is: when we play a team that is better or of equal skill, should we hope they have key players out so we have a better chance to win? Again, to me, that is strange.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already told you this i think. I don't read Dean so I could care less what he says. JMO he is a fan and take his comments for what they are.

I hope Washington and anyone else on Cleveland's schedule doesn't face Watson. I think he deserves at least the year off. Same as I feel the other NFL owners should can Snyder. Not because I want them to but because he deserves to be dumped.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course we all WANT to make the playoffs, but deserving to make the playoffs is different.
Are you implying that we cannot beat CLE with Watson starting? If that is the case, no, I don't want to pray that Watson gets suspended so we can slide into the playoffs. If the season came down to us playing CLE with or without Watson, I want to see Watson on the field so we can sack him 10 times and earn that playoff spot. We need to look long-term, not at thumping our chest after a 1st round exit.

Getting a pity win does nothing to help us. Philly did that in 2020 when they laid down after halftime, and we made the playoffs. It literally did NOTHING to invigorate the fanbase and we got a much lower draft pick than we should have. We had no business being in the playoffs. In a matter of fact, we slid several positions for fan attendance and we were dead last in 2021. As such, your theory has already been tried and is not true.

You play to win the game. However, it helps nobody, when the other team is assisting you along the way like Philly did in 2020. If Watson plays, he plays, but real fans want to see him on the field so we beat them with no excuses. 4 posters on this board (Skinsdad, DCRising, Breed, and me)are saying the same thing.

anybody can beat anybody in this league. I dont mind playing a backup qb to get into the playoffs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson got 11 games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat me to the punch

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they would split the 1en games. I have to laugh that before this announcement he was sorry and today he proclaims innocence. Once a dick always a dick. Oh yeah, that is what got him in trouble .... his dick.