• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson would consider D.C.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny how people recollect the same experience differently. But then again, I’m just a Simple Sandwich Man.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN boards were like the Wild West.
Then again you shouldnt blame me for that, I’m just a Simple Sandwich Man.
IS THAT YOU???

I wonder what happened to you....awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banana man what a blast from the past , he tired to pass off an obscure actor picture as himself . school bus was insane

i think fletch was a deck builder from traverse city mi not too far from me

it was the wild west

thanks duke for the memories
You are right!

He did build decks and tried to irk you and the Skins fandom with obscure facts and idiotic jokes. I think Shark and Goldy mostly dealt with him. I remember you were always the one fending off asbestos/Ezekiel/????. You, Goldy, and Shark were the Knights of the Roundtable of the ESPN board. Wish Goldy and Shark were still around. I tried to take my turn at Eastbay, PDay, and Earl Stevens. It was the Wild West. More like an early WWF match with no holds barred and razor blades...LOL

Banana Man was an "alleged" fan who argued with everyone if I remember. He would go at with the trolls and then turn on the other Skins fans. I remember the IMDB picture he used as his avatar...LOL. I remember he called me a "dolt" and "simpleton" whenever I posted...LOL

Gkekoa needs to jump in here. He was a Founding Father as well.

You might be the last man standing Skinsdad. Keep the fight going my friend!!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Samuari Geist...or something? Where you on the old boards? I don't recall?
I was just a lurker at that time. I remember Dave bovey or something like that and the cowboy troll twisted

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just a lurker at that time. I remember Dave bovey or something like that and the cowboy troll twisted
Yes...I remember Bovey as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I remember Bovey as well.
bovey moved on to twitter , i used to follow him but unless you agreed with him totally he would block you ,

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Sam Howell to start, there is a difference.
Very ambitious indeed. If and this is a huge if, but if Howell is what a lotta fans believe/hope/think him to be that could be what's very best for the team in the long run. With the one possible exception being Ron Rivera.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but step 1 is to get into the playoffs and hope you play well in the playoffs is step 2. Doesn't matter how you get into the playoffs, if you show up in the playoffs that is what really matters. Look at Dallas last year. Sure they went 12-5 then got beat first round. Why? b/c they didn't play well in the playoffs. Look at all the hype they got during last season, then layed and egg. Point being whether you are 12-5 or 9-8 going into the playoffs, its doesn't matter who you beat or didn't beat in the regular season. You have to show up in the playoffs.
Fuck that hope you play well in the playoffs shit. And yes, it does matter how you get into the playoffs cuz it matters who you play. Dallas got there in large part because they played in a division with 3 other teams that were a combined 20-31 with only one of those teams, Philly, finishing the year with a winning record of 9-8. The Skins went 7-10 and the Giants 4-13. Half of Dallas' win total last year came against these 3 teams. They then faced a 49er team that finished 10-7 and in 3rd place in what was the best division in football last year. As well as playing Tenn, Green Bay and Cincy. Doing all that with 1 of their RNs hurt for the year and Jimmy G very likely not at 100%.

SF was better prepared to play and was a better team than Dallas last year in part because of the gauntlet they faced in the regular season. It readied them for serious playoff football. The Cowboys the last 5 weeks of the year played the Skins, Giants, Skins, Cardinals, Eagles. The only game they lost was against the Cards and they mopped the Skins basically twice, beat the Giants by 2 TDs in a game that wasn't close and damn doubled up the Eagles. They weren't ready to play a serious team in a serious game when it came time for the playoffs.

You talk about it don't matter what happens in the3 reg season, just get in the playoffs and hope to play well. Or basically a Cinderella team. Cinderella teams while feel good stories have to pull rabbits outta their hat to win like a hail mary play or two. Or a Denver with Tim Tebow against the Steelers in the playoffs a while back. The thing with Cinderella teams though is the clock always and eventually strikes midnight. And I don't recall any Cinderella ever winning a Super Bowl before the clock strikes midnight. The other thing about Cinderella teams is they never seem to maintain or improve upon the success they just had. Why is that? In large part because their success was due to good fortune, luck, fate, an act of God or whatever you wanna call it. Whatever it is it isn't coming from the players or coaches therefore it can't be replicated again by the players or the coaches.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that hope you play well in the playoffs shit. And yes, it does matter how you get into the playoffs cuz it matters who you play. Dallas got there in large part because they played in a division with 3 other teams that were a combined 20-31 with only one of those teams, Philly, finishing the year with a winning record of 9-8. The Skins went 7-10 and the Giants 4-13. Half of Dallas' win total last year came against these 3 teams. They then faced a 49er team that finished 10-7 and in 3rd place in what was the best division in football last year. As well as playing Tenn, Green Bay and Cincy. Doing all that with 1 of their RNs hurt for the year and Jimmy G very likely not at 100%.

SF was better prepared to play and was a better team than Dallas last year in part because of the gauntlet they faced in the regular season. It readied them for serious playoff football. The Cowboys the last 5 weeks of the year played the Skins, Giants, Skins, Cardinals, Eagles. The only game they lost was against the Cards and they mopped the Skins basically twice, beat the Giants by 2 TDs in a game that wasn't close and damn doubled up the Eagles. They weren't ready to play a serious team in a serious game when it came time for the playoffs.

You talk about it don't matter what happens in the3 reg season, just get in the playoffs and hope to play well. Or basically a Cinderella team. Cinderella teams while feel good stories have to pull rabbits outta their hat to win like a hail mary play or two. Or a Denver with Tim Tebow against the Steelers in the playoffs a while back. The thing with Cinderella teams though is the clock always and eventually strikes midnight. And I don't recall any Cinderella ever winning a Super Bowl before the clock strikes midnight. The other thing about Cinderella teams is they never seem to maintain or improve upon the success they just had. Why is that? In large part because their success was due to good fortune, luck, fate, an act of God or whatever you wanna call it. Whatever it is it isn't coming from the players or coaches therefore it can't be replicated again by the players or the coaches.

I agree with your points but lets say it comes down to the Cleveland game to get into the playoffs. Would you rather play Watson or the backup to stamp a ticket to the playoffs?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your points but lets say it comes down to the Cleveland game to get into the playoffs. Would you rather play Watson or the backup to stamp a ticket to the playoffs?
I want the Skins to play against the best a team has to offer. If Watson is back then, healthy and is given the start by his HC. I'm down with that. Beating 2nd n 3rd tier teams is somethinng good teams should do on a very regular basis. Its beating good teams though that prepares a team to be ready and competitive in the playoffs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Skins to play against the best a team has to offer. If Watson is back then, healthy and is given the start by his HC. I'm down with that. Beating 2nd n 3rd tier teams is somethinng good teams should do on a very regular basis. Its beating good teams though that prepares a team to be ready and competitive in the playoffs.

What does DP mean? I just asked a simple question, in that situation I proposed you would want to play Watson?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watson , if we cant beat him we arent worthy and have no hope of going anywhere

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very ambitious indeed. If and this is a huge if, but if Howell is what a lotta fans believe/hope/think him to be that could be what's very best for the team in the long run. With the one possible exception being Ron Rivera.
It's not a good QB room I feel. However, I think Howell represents the best path forward in the long haul out of the 3 QBs we have currently. He is not close to being ready now, and I do not believe he is the savior of the organization either. That being said, I think he could possibly be a solid QB for us.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watson , if we cant beat him we arent worthy and have no hope of going anywhere
Watson and it is not close Dean. Nobody sees the picture the way you do. You have claimed you will "take what you can get" and you "don't care how we get there". Everyone disagrees with you and it sounds overly desperate.

Nobody wants a pity win or any type of extra help in winning a game. Breed articulated much better what I said about being prepared for the playoffs and you agreed with him. I literally said the same thing.

The "anything can happen" mindset was also put to bed by Breed and that is what I tried to tell you. He said it much better. I am not sure why making the playoffs is such a focal point for you. Your step 1 and step 2 process doesn't make any sense. As Breed said, simply sneaking into the playoffs or having a cupcake schedule NEVER works out in the end or in the long haul. The goal should be to build a competitive, talented and young team on both sides of the ball, not a "win now" scheme with the prayer that the fans will come back and we see a miracle in the playoffs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson and it is not close Dean. Nobody sees the picture the way you do. You have claimed you will "take what you can get" and you "don't care how we get there". Everyone disagrees with you and it sounds overly desperate.

Nobody wants a pity win or any type of extra help in winning a game. Breed articulated much better what I said about being prepared for the playoffs and you agreed with him. I literally said the same thing.

The "anything can happen" mindset was also put to bed by Breed and that is what I tried to tell you. He said it much better. I am not sure why making the playoffs is such a focal point for you. Your step 1 and step 2 process doesn't make any sense. As Breed said, simply sneaking into the playoffs or having a cupcake schedule NEVER works out in the end or in the long haul. The goal should be to build a competitive, talented and young team on both sides of the ball, not a "win now" scheme with the prayer that the fans will come back and we see a miracle in the playoffs.

I would rather make the playoffs and have a chance at a playoff win to excite the fan base then not to make the playoffs.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a SB not a 1st rd playoff exit.