• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson would consider D.C.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams are interested in Watson and that's ok as no one seems to have an issue with it apparently...

"That increased interest from many teams in addition to Carolina. Seattle, which earlier in the week traded Russell Wilson to Denver, also is expected to make a strong run at Watson, according to a source. Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and Cleveland also reportedly are interested".

But WASH is interested and everyone has an issue with it, hmmmm......
Point we'll taken and made!!

People who aren't accustomed to having good things in their lives will inevitably talk themselves out of ever trying to obtain the same, then find themselves complaining about not have good things in their lives!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But aparently there wasn't corroborating evidence this past Friday? What could have been the corroborating evidence that didn't hold up in court?
As I had stated for the start, the entire case revolved around that 22 number and public perception. The old "where there's smoke, there's fire" routine. It's a strategy that has successfully been used in other public cases (Weinstein, Cosby, etc.) The difference here is it never became more than "he said she said" and we know this because 22 separate investigation over the course of a year yielded not one arrest warrant. As proof of that, there's not a prosecutor in the land who will forgo public safety in favor of a willingness to find out if there are or will be other victims while the known perpetrator is walking free. A single arrest can and often does have other charges attached to them. Even if, case # 1 to 9 (for example) yielded nothing, case 10 if the evidence supported it would have been enough to issue the arrest warrant. The passage of time convinced me that they had nothing.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to mutliple tweets commanders will not be active this FA cycle there main focus is restructure and resigning so don't expect much

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to mutliple tweets commanders will not be active this FA cycle there main focus is restructure and resigning so don't expect much
well of course , we have no cap room to do much else

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, I gave the young man the benefit of doubt because despite the numbers, all things pointed at worse, to civil liabilities and not criminal ones. Ok, call me bonkers, I can take that, but thus far bonkers has been proven to be more rational than scared stiff's who wanted to put more credence in the charges of 22 women without due process.
Do I believe that something happened between Mr. Watson and these women? Absolutely!! Criminal? Not at any time did I believe that. Want to know why??

For better or worse, this is still America and in this country all it takes is enough evidence for a single charge for arrests. It has been a year and in all of that time evidence has been gathered in each case separately with not one charge coming forth. This told me that they had nothing to go forth with but decided to rely upon the same reactions seen on this site and elsewhere concerning the number of women. Is that how we administer justice in this country? By appearances? If so, I'm don't believe that we will ever be able to put together a jury of one's peers because objectively personal biases would dominate. I guess that I'm just bonkers because that old adage "where there's smoke, there's fire" for me, just isn't enough to condemn a person, even if there was 2200 women saying things about a person.
Sty, I’m not questioning your rationale, it proved to be correct. However, so was my statement. No on was even willing to float an offer to Houston until this was resolved. The risk was just to great.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, I’m not questioning your rationale, it proved to be correct. However, so was my statement. No on was even willing to float an offer to Houston until this was resolved. The risk was just to great.
I understand! and your statement is a truer reflection on life in this country.

It is a difficult thing to have to write and post here, but perhaps our current state of affairs, especially in the manner in which we treat or mistreat one another is better reflected by that unwillingness to offer thoughtful, rational, benefit of doubt to flawed people...who are unfortunate enough to have their private lives, publicly scrutinized, in a manner that few, if any, of us could come out unblemiished under the same scrutiny.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that they have no intention on trading him within their conference. If true, that puts Washington in a very good place to trade for him, provided they have the smarts to do that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand! and your statement is a truer reflection on life in this country.

It is a difficult thing to have to write and post here, but perhaps our current state of affairs, especially in the manner in which we treat or mistreat one another is better reflected by that unwillingness to offer thoughtful, rational, benefit of doubt to flawed people...who are unfortunate enough to have their private lives, publicly scrutinized, in a manner that few, if any, of us could come out unblemiished under the same scrutiny.
Amen.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have we not offered a trade package for DW? Seems Carolina, NO and ATL have.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have we not offered a trade package for DW? Seems Carolina, NO and ATL have.
I'm taking a wait-and-see approach on this one, if they (Washington) make a serious offer and it has to be a very, very, very S.E.R.I.O.U.S offer then I give them a pass after the signing. If there's zero offer or some BS public relations tender then I'm going to restart my two-year-old call for the firing of RR and his Carolina cronies. I have a very good source who's telling me that D. Watson has his own list of teams that he wants to get into bidding for his services. I told my friend that, I'll only believe that if Watson himself requests visits to those teams. Stay tuned, I might have to get down to Houston in order to confront or praise a friend for either knowing some stuff or being a terrific liar!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina, New Orleans, and Atlanta (possibly Cleveland) truth is Washington has far more to offer than any of these teams.

N.O... are cap-strapped and are either unloading or reworking contracts as we speak. The New Orleans Saints have officially started fixing their salary cap situation. The Saints came into Saturday as the team with the worst salary cap situation in the league. They were $76M over the cap and are now only $42M over thanks to a couple of moves. Beyond that, they pick 18th in the draft compared to Washington who selects at 11.

Atlanta... Matt Ryan this year counts $36,662.500 on their cap with a dead cap number of $55,525.000 how on earth do they then include D. Watson's cap hit is $40,400.000, dead cap number of $51,200.000. Atlanta picks 8th, Washington 11th.

Carolina... Is the team that offers the greater competition for Watson. 6th pick in the draft and $31,346,683 in cap space. They have a more youthful perhaps better head coach (some will offer that Rivera is more respected) The on-field teams match up pretty evenly the bigger question is the health of McCaffery vs A. Gibson who might be rounding himself into one of the better RBs in the league. The loss of J.D. Mac doesn't help. All in all, Washington, if it chooses can offer more via a combination of picks and players than Carolina is able to do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson was never going to Washington. Just like Rodgers wasn't, neither was Wilson or Stafford. Hell, Wince doesn't want to go there.
Yup. The only ones wanting to come to DC are those looking for one last payday before they are out of the league. The Washington what ever they are called is the NFLs retirement plan.