• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean Jackson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a cowboy killer. I can't wait till he is off the Eagles. Hope he goes to the AFC. I think you guys undervalue D Jax. He is a beast.

I disagree. He can do some things and had a good year for sure, but he is far from a Beast as a WR IMO. He disappears too much.

Before last year his previous high in Yards was 1,156 (over 1,000 two other times), his previous high in catches was 62 and he had more than 4 TDs twice. He has missed games, but that's part of the problem...Best year before last year was in 2009: 62; 1156; 9. Other than that it was: 47; 1,056; 6.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He can do some things and had a good year for sure, but he is far from a Beast as a WR IMO. He disappears too much.

Before last year his previous high in Yards was 1,156 (over 1,000 two other times), his previous high in catches was 62 and he had more than 4 TDs twice. He has missed games, but that's part of the problem...Best year before last year was in 2009: 62; 1156; 9. Other than that it was: 47; 1,056; 6.

He was better than any receiver we had!!! He is beast. Numbers don't tell the whole story. What about his kick returns? Because of him maclin and cooper could succeed. He is a pain in the butt, but don't tell me he only had one good year!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was better than any receiver we had!!! He is beast. Numbers don't tell the whole story. What about his kick returns? Because of him maclin and cooper could succeed. He is a pain in the butt, but don't tell me he only had one good year!!

his production was very inconsistent. I don't know about you, but I think you need some consistency before calling someone "beast"

I just think a lot of people like to combine potential to actuality when talking of these WRs. They like to point at a game & think of it as a season.
See that a lot with D-Jax & Dez.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan I dont get it. He had 1350 yards and 9 TD's last year.. but even more important is the fact Safeties line up on average 10 yards deeper when he is in the game then when he is out. He opens up the field for mediocre guys like Cooper.

The reason teams aren't going after him is because his salary. Just like how Tampa couldnt even get a 6th round pick for Revis. Taking on a huge salary is tough, but couple that with losing a draft pick is just not worth it for even the best CB in the NFL.

Desean must have really did something to infuriate the organization that we dont know. Why go after a stud WR in the draft when you all ready have a good WR group and a top offense? Philly needs to use every pick the have on that bad D... especially in the secondary. As much as you guys bitched about the Cowboys secondary, statistically, Philly was worse. Why dump a strength? Why make your team worse? Why waste a pick to replace a very good WR when your D sucks?

Colors... come on. Desean is just one of those guys you love if hes on your team and hate if he isnt. After years of histrionics from Michael Irvin to Deion Sanders all the way down to Mike Jenkins. Most WR's are pricks anyway... but Dallas has had its share of Desean types.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan I dont get it. He had 1350 yards and 9 TD's last year.. but even more important is the fact Safeties line up on average 10 yards deeper when he is in the game then when he is out. He opens up the field for mediocre guys like Cooper.

The reason teams aren't going after him is because his salary. Just like how Tampa couldnt even get a 6th round pick for Revis. Taking on a huge salary is tough, but couple that with losing a draft pick is just not worth it for even the best CB in the NFL.

Desean must have really did something to infuriate the organization that we dont know. Why go after a stud WR in the draft when you all ready have a good WR group and a top offense? Philly needs to use every pick the have on that bad D... especially in the secondary. As much as you guys bitched about the Cowboys secondary, statistically, Philly was worse. Why dump a strength? Why make your team worse? Why waste a pick to replace a very good WR when your D sucks?

Colors... come on. Desean is just one of those guys you love if hes on your team and hate if he isnt. After years of histrionics from Michael Irvin to Deion Sanders all the way down to Mike Jenkins. Most WR's are pricks anyway... but Dallas has had its share of Desean types.

You are on the money. Stop it just because you don't like the guy. I don't think people here have seen him play over the years. So much undervalue here.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think D Jax is a beast I'm glad to see him go. I just hope the Eagles aren't scheming to get Watkins or Evans.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
Colors... come on. Desean is just one of those guys you love if hes on your team and hate if he isnt. After years of histrionics from Michael Irvin to Deion Sanders all the way down to Mike Jenkins. Most WR's are pricks anyway... but Dallas has had its share of Desean types.[/QUOTE]

yea you just might be right be I still like the old school way act like u have scored a big TD before :)

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

yea you just might be right be I still like the old school way act like u have scored a big TD before :)[/QUOTE]

Thats just this generation of players. Everything is me Iv'e gotten to the point it Doesn't bother me any more.
There's no more Jerry Rices in Emmitt Smiths in terms of being elite and classy. Okay there are a few actually.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't think ppl are saying he isn't talented. Just between his contract & attitude isn't worth the contract he has. Then add to that when he has a good year he wants to redo the contract. Why bring that to a team? as you pointed out. People wont bite on him because of his contract. if money didn't matter sure all the teams would take him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss the days of Rice and Barry Sanders. One of my favorite Eagles ever was Koy Detmer. He was a back up QB for 5 years (3rd string) and make over a million each year. He drove his parents old beat up faux wood panel station wagon. The guy probably made 10 mill in his career and sported a beat up wagon... I always thought it would be cool to be super rich and dress and drive like a bum.

Its funny how people will hate players on other teams so quickly. Emmitt Smith was classy but I always hated him because win or lose he kept his TD footballs. I always wanted someone like Andre Waters to rip the ball away and throw it in the stands. Obviously I was just jealous that he kicked Phillys ass for a decade. ha

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss the days of Rice and Barry Sanders. One of my favorite Eagles ever was Koy Detmer. He was a back up QB for 5 years (3rd string) and make over a million each year. He drove his parents old beat up faux wood panel station wagon. The guy probably made 10 mill in his career and sported a beat up wagon... I always thought it would be cool to be super rich and dress and drive like a bum.

Its funny how people will hate players on other teams so quickly. Emmitt Smith was classy but I always hated him because win or lose he kept his TD footballs. I always wanted someone like Andre Waters to rip the ball away and throw it in the stands. Obviously I was just jealous that he kicked Phillys ass for a decade. ha

:lol: This is very true.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no way he is better than Dez

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked the question on the eagles board, but then realized they have posted on that board in a couple days. So I will ask the question here, where I can find some eagle fans.

I read on NFL.com that the eagles will release Jackson if they don't have a trade partner. (which means to me he will be released now) Question is what did he do to make the Eagles suddenly decide to get rid of him at all costs?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked the question on the eagles board, but then realized they have posted on that board in a couple days. So I will ask the question here, where I can find some eagle fans.

I read on NFL.com that the eagles will release Jackson if they don't have a trade partner. (which means to me he will be released now) Question is what did he do to make the Eagles suddenly decide to get rid of him at all costs?

I hate the Eagles, but the answer is, he got into it with the Head Coach. The HC then said ''take the train''

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Eagles, but the answer is, he got into it with the Head Coach. The HC then said ''take the train''

well if that is the case. Then you got to admire the HC for a no BS approach. Then you got to admire the owner (front office) for standing behind the coach.

Of course ironically they are giving Jackson what he wants. the ability to redo his contract (with whatever team)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit this .....

But Kelly has an ego like Jimmy Johnson

Don't fuck with the bull

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if that is the case. Then you got to admire the HC for a no BS approach. Then you got to admire the owner (front office) for standing behind the coach.

Of course ironically they are giving Jackson what he wants. the ability to redo his contract (with whatever team)

I don't like their Coach, but I've said it before, he's the best college coach to come in since Jimmy IMO

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit this .....

But Kelly has an ego like Jimmy Johnson

Don't fuck with the bull
Jimmy Johnson would not have cut Jackson. He would have cut Cooper though. With Jimmy there was a hierarchy of talent that pretty much governed the tolerance level of your behavior. Joe blow of the street would get cut for not tucking his shirt in. The only way he would have cut The Playmaker is if he murdered someone. :laugh3:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, when talking about keeping/cutting players their talent is of course important, but in a cap world the talent versus contract is just as important - Ware, Peppers, Revis, possibly Wilfork, etc. He is paid like a great WR and IMO he is not. So they could cut him and use the money they save and/or a draft pick on another player(s). I don't see cutting D. Jax as earth shattering. The mistake I see is not cutting him a month ago when they could have signed someone else. Then use a draft pick or two in a very deep WR draft at the position also. I think Philly handled this poorly.