• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Wolfe Signs Extension!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is that fork in the road you referred to - you went left, I'm going right. I don't think Ware returns next year. But I appreciate his service.

Ideally the man decides to retire after this season. You know, to go out on top.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is that fork in the road you referred to - you went left, I'm going right. I don't think Ware returns next year. But I appreciate his service.

He's a pro - I'd like to keep him around - especially if Miller bolts.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they let Miller bolt. They'll get a deal done. Miller is too crucial a piece of this defense to let him go. He's probably a bigger priority than resigning Oz, even.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved by Wolfe. Glad we got him back.

A guy I was very critical of until this year with his move to the 3-4... He has done so much better.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we still have Miller under control - he ain't going anywhere but here next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now hard to tell who the team keeps and lets go. I mean they have played pretty well this year without Ware on the field so I think they like what they have with or without him. I do think though when you factor in the idea of would you rather have Ware who struggles to stay healthy for one more year or Jackson for possibly 4 more years which would you rather have for this defense moving forward?

I don't see any way we let Von get to the FA market. We will tag him long before that ever happens.

Right now this is what I see as the order of priority for the remaining players

1) Von Miller--Franchise player you just can't let him walk
2) Brock Osweiler--He might not be the greatest QB but he is our best option going into next season
3) Malik Jackson--Great All-Around player that helps us to have one of the best Front-7's in football
4) David Bruton--Safety depth will be a huge discussion this off season in my opinion especially if we can't get him resigned
5) Danny Trevathan--I'm afraid he will be the odd man out of our top-5 players that need to be resigned. Great player but at a position I think we can replace with a draft pick or a cheaper FA. There actually are quite a few decent names hitting the FA market so I could see us looking for a cheaper option.

Now I didn't include any of the RFA players because we will get them locked up for the next season at a cheap rate.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved by Wolfe. Glad we got him back.

A guy I was very critical of until this year with his move to the 3-4... He has done so much better.

He and Jackson both seem best suited as 3-4 DEs. I too think that Wolfe had been a little disappointing before this season. He'd shown some flashes in the past, but not near the consistency he's shown this year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone believe Ware will return? Isn't he on contract through next year? But will he actually return, be cut, or be released? In addition to Jackson, we have some very crucial LBs to think about. Miller, Marshal, and Danny T. come to mind. Ware's cap number next year frees up some $$$ to keep the team together for several more seasons.
The Broncos can save $10 million a year by cutting Ware, and they've got two young pass rushers in Barrett and Ray that they are going to want to give more playing time. There is very little chance that Ware comes back next year, and if he does, it will be at a drastically reduced price, especially considering he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last two years.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pro - I'd like to keep him around - especially if Miller bolts.
Zero chance Miller bolts, the Broncos will use the franchise tag on him to make sure they re-sign him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance Miller bolts, the Broncos will use the franchise tag on him to make sure they re-sign him.

Yes - I was wrong -now that you mention it. Thanks!

Still Ware - has some organization glue that I think the Broncos like - despite Springstein's callous post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - I was wrong -now that you mention it. Thanks!

Still Ware - has some organization glue that I think the Broncos like - despite Springstein's callous post.

He was voted a team captain by the players for a reason. That is the biggest thing I see when I look at FA and possibly who we could cut in Bruton, Manning, and Ware are our 3 main captains on this team. We could possibly lose them all. Not sure the Broncos want to lose that much leadership all in one off season. So yeah I think they will try to keep Ware if they can but I see them possibly working on him taking a pay cut. He won't get $10 million anywhere else. Now if they cut him down to say $6 million I can see that being worth it to keep him for one more year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Is IMO the one
Right now hard to tell who the team keeps and lets go. I mean they have played pretty well this year without Ware on the field so I think they like what they have with or without him. I do think though when you factor in the idea of would you rather have Ware who struggles to stay healthy for one more year or Jackson for possibly 4 more years which would you rather have for this defense moving forward?

I don't see any way we let Von get to the FA market. We will tag him long before that ever happens.

Right now this is what I see as the order of priority for the remaining players

1) Von Miller--Franchise player you just can't let him walk
2) Brock Osweiler--He might not be the greatest QB but he is our best option going into next season
3) Malik Jackson--Great All-Around player that helps us to have one of the best Front-7's in football
4) David Bruton--Safety depth will be a huge discussion this off season in my opinion especially if we can't get him resigned
5) Danny Trevathan--I'm afraid he will be the odd man out of our top-5 players that need to be resigned. Great player but at a position I think we can replace with a draft pick or a cheaper FA. There actually are quite a few decent names hitting the FA market so I could see us looking for a cheaper option.

Now I didn't include any of the RFA players because we will get them locked up for the next season at a cheap rate.

We have on Ice Danny Trevathan Replacement in Zaire Anderson

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should cut ties with Ware at the end of the season, not because I don't like him, but even if he agrees to a reduction in pay, we have Shane Ray and Shaq who both have shown to perform fantastic in their young careers ... Ware's time on the sidelines has increased, and by next year, it ain't getting any better ..

Malik coming back is more importan, and signing Oz is imperative ..

And then there's Von Miller .... Ware is an unnecessary luxury at this point

I think the safety spot has become a pressing need, in particular, young guys who can come in and not miss a beat ..

Yes, here I go with drafting Kearse again

Stewart has been fantastic, and while I do like Ward, he is a glorified version of Duke Ihenacho in that you cannot count on him in any way in coverage, esp on good TEs ... Both these guys have missed time this year, and while Bruton ( a FA himself ) has come into his own this season, he's hurt an awful lot too ..

Our safeties off the bench have been average to bad ... Bush killed us in the game vs the Steelers .. Ward can be a liability in coverage .... Bruton needs to be resigned, and while he has been a excellent player, I think his value is highest with us, as opposed to the open market .....

Let's face it ... it was fortunate when Gronkowski left the game when we played the Pats - nobody we have on this roster can cover him, and he's not the only TE who will do that to us ...

We need to resign Bruton and draft Kearse

oh yeah, I almost forgot - good deal with Wolfe

:)