• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr possible trade opportunity

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is you have to see what Haskins has

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for making offers, if that is what we choose to do. Making offers never hurts.

I am not a Bridgewater guy; however, he was impressive in NO. I understand why some would want to bring him here; I am not one of them for the following...

If Bridgewater comes here, I see six wins this season if he is the starter. I don’t want six wins by a guy making 10-12 million dollars on a one or two year deal.

If Bridgewater were to beat out Haskins, Haskins would be done in Washington. It would be stating he is not the future of the franchise without giving him a fair shot to earn the job long term.

I would much rather see what we have in Haskins. Maybe he wins two games and you move on. Most likely he wins 6-8 games and we have some on both sides of the fence for Haskins...you give him another chance to solidify the organization in year 3. Maybe he takes us to the playoffs and we have people screaming he is king.

I'm already convinced that Haskins is the guy, but things change. Since there's talk of Tua being ready to go, Burrow might be there at #2 and Washington might pull an Arizona, then trade Haskins. ( that would be a mistake )

So, we wait until they've had this draft or perhaps sign someone during free agency.

BTW: Bruce Allen is gone, but let's not discount input from Dan Snyder in the Haskins decision.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! I doubt it’s true but wow

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other side

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree with yours, and am armed with the same information as you, including the history of the NFL.

It’s funny how that works, isn’t it?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The following is intended to be sarcasm (unless it rings true in the life experiences of the reader)

Perhaps the following is true of Bridgewater :
1. He a running QB
2. He can't read defenses
3. He doesn't have the leadership qualities of conventional QB's.
4. You can't count on him when you need "precision decisions making."
5. He's not smart enough, although he is "athletic."
6. He can't play from the pocket.
7. He's a "dual threat" and that doesn't translate to the "pro-style"
8. He's "inaccurate."
9. Perhaps he ran the "spread" offense in college and has "struggled" in the NFL.
10. He's had his one chance to prove himself starter worthy.
11. Perhaps he's better off being a receiver.
12. And my personal newly minted favorite, perhaps he needs "competition" in order to prove himself.

Need more anyone? There's literally 100 years of this historical nonsense!!

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of this kind of shit!!

Sty, you know there is more shit than shine at this time of year. Don't let this stuff bother you. I pay so little attention to the combine and the lead up to the draft. Watch with amusement, it makes it more fun. Actually the fun is watching how people react to this time of year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, you know there is more shit than shine at this time of year. Don't let this stuff bother you. I pay so little attention to the combine and the lead up to the draft. Watch with amusement, it makes it more fun. Actually the fun is watching how people react to this time of year.

Exactly how easy was it for you to express this sentiment? Maybe if this was being said about Burrow, Carr, Rosen or similiar QB's it would be amusing, but there's an negative historical background where comments like this are only applied to non "pro-style" players ( see what I did there) and that shit isn't funny. Letting it slide or neatly putting this covert language into some "business as usual" category won't be tolerated either. I'm calling Bullshit when there's no other way to express it.

I suspect that someone will make the accusation that I'm playing the race card...FINE! I accept that, no problem with it at all, but, if necessary, let's talk about the well established coded disparities that are applied to one type of QB vs other more conventional types.

Shall we begin with Haskins needing "competition" vs Burrow (if he gets drafted here) and such talk disappearing?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Crouch was asked to switch positions .Taysom Hill is asked to switch positions . Tim Tebow was asked to switch positions . Matt Jones was asked to switch positions

could it simply be that being able to throw the ball is the issue ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how easy was it for you to express this sentiment? Maybe if this was being said about Burrow, Carr, Rosen or similiar QB's it would be amusing, but there's an negative historical background where comments like this are only applied to non "pro-style" players ( see what I did there) and that shit isn't funny. Letting it slide or neatly putting this covert language into some "business as usual" category won't be tolerated either. I'm calling Bullshit when there's no other way to express it.

I suspect that someone will make the accusation that I'm playing the race card...FINE! I accept that, no problem with it at all, but, if necessary, let's talk about the well established coded disparities that are applied to one type of QB vs other more conventional types.

Shall we begin with Haskins needing "competition" vs Burrow (if he gets drafted here) and such talk disappearing?

You are playing the race card. You are being very sensitive. I am not saying you are wrong but at some point we have to get over the BS. Some of the leading QBs in the league now are black. Probably more than is representative of the population.

The new HC is brown/Puerto Rican ... he is leading the charge for competition. Mad at him for doing what should be done at ever position? The percentage of black players in the NFL to white, Asian, Hispanic is completely out of balance with population averages. Mad at that too?

You have no problem talking down about guys like Cousins or Kerrigan and you have been wrong a lot about them. Not totally but in part. Should I be offended?

I wish we could wave a wand and erase racism but we can't. What we can do is rise above it. As a descendant of Irish ancestors, many who came to this country as indentured servants I say have a shot of whiskey, punch somebody in the face and throw a TD pass. By the way we can't run fast or jump. :D Remember when Deion almost fell out of the booth because Apke ran a 4.3? Was that racism?

Here is a question, do you really think I am suggesting Haskins should have competition because he is black or could it possibly be that he has only played 6 games and shouldn't just be awarded the job?

I am going to stop here because I don't think we are supposed to talk about this kind of thing on here and I don't want to see it turn stupid. You are a smart man. You know what is up, don't suffer fools. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are playing the race card. You are being very sensitive. I am not saying you are wrong but at some point we have to get over the BS. Some of the leading QBs in the league now are black. Probably more than is representative of the population.

The new HC is brown/Puerto Rican ... he is leading the charge for competition. Mad at him for doing what should be done at ever position? The percentage of black players in the NFL to white, Asian, Hispanic is completely out of balance with population averages. Mad at that too?

You have no problem talking down about guys like Cousins or Kerrigan and you have been wrong a lot about them. Not totally but in part. Should I be offended?

I wish we could wave a wand and erase racism but we can't. What we can do is rise above it. As a descendant of Irish ancestors, many who came to this country as indentured servants I say have a shot of whiskey, punch somebody in the face and throw a TD pass. By the way we can't run fast or jump. :D Remember when Deion almost fell out of the booth because Apke ran a 4.3? Was that racism?

Here is a question, do you really think I am suggesting Haskins should have competition because he is black or could it possibly be that he has only played 6 games and shouldn't just be awarded the job?

I am going to stop here because I don't think we are supposed to talk about this kind of thing on here and I don't want to see it turn stupid. You are a smart man. You know what is up, don't suffer fools. :suds:

I've already admitted to playing the race card, but do tell ole' friend, what move do I make when these are the cards dealt? Ask for new cards? Well, that's exactly what I'm doing here!

Why should I not be sensitive to it when there's literally 100 years of this nonsense, or more succinctly, all of my 67 years on this earth? Want to know what the #1 piece of advice is? "Get over it!" , second "rise above it" or better expressed, do nothing to call attention to it, worse, do nothing that opens avenues to totally eradicate it.

Answers to your questions:
1. No, I'm conscious of the the imbalance and that it is a thing that still exists.

2. I appreciate your pointing out the possibility that there might have been a bit of "social" bias in my posts about Cousins and Kerrigan. How would I know to promise to be more aware and do better had you not made that clear to me?

3. Yep, Deion was using racist language, we're all infected with it. Loud, ignorant, jackasses more so than others.

4. Yes I'm bothered by some of Ron Rivera's public utterances concerning Haskins. So, let me ask... If Burrows were available at #2 and drafted here, do you honestly believe that there would be ANY mention of providing competition for him?

5. I believe that your intention was based innocently, but that my pointing out how that was received was no different than what you did for me with respect to Cousins and Kerrigan. The language is so deeply ingrained that it's become rote.

That's all for now but, a innocent heads up, in my next post, I will discuss " getting over it" and "rising above it"
Thanks for engaging, I truly appreciate you for doing so.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Crouch was asked to switch positions .Taysom Hill is asked to switch positions . Tim Tebow was asked to switch positions . Matt Jones was asked to switch positions

could it simply be that being able to throw the ball is the issue ?

Marginally possible, but where is the balance? 100% of all "non traditional " QB's have been subject to this. Marlon Briscoe who did switch, to Doug Williams who was famously asked "How does it feel to be a black QB?," to the now infamous charge levied against Deshaun Watson questioning his "reliability in matters concerning precise decisions." Now we have Dwayne Haskins seen dissecting and showing the ability to read defenses, charged with not knowing how it's done.

Earlier today, while listening to Doc Walker a caller wanted to talk about Kerrigan/scherff vs. Dunbar/William's and how those situations were being handled. Pointing the obvious, Walker asked..."where have you been? and welcome to this country!" Sad isn't it?

BTW: I'm going to post a response to "getting over it" and "rising above it" a little later that's directly related to our board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marginally possible, but where is the balance? 100% of all "non traditional " QB's have been subject to this. Marlon Briscoe who did switch, to Doug Williams who was famously asked "How does it feel to be a black QB?," to the now infamous charge levied against Deshaun Watson questioning his "reliability in matters concerning precise decisions." Now we have Dwayne Haskins seen dissecting and showing the ability to read defenses, charged with not knowing how it's done.

Earlier today, while listening to Doc Walker a caller wanted to talk about Kerrigan/scherff vs. Dunbar/William's and how those situations were being handled. Pointing the obvious, Walker asked..."where have you been? and welcome to this country!" Sad isn't it?

BTW: I'm going to post a response to "getting over it" and "rising above it" a little later that's directly related to our board.
Look I am sure if I researched it I can come up with more and I can’t answer for stupidity

my take is Haskins is taking heat for things . The selfie hurts him , if his work ethic is hit or miss it hurts him . If he felt entitled it hurts him

that being said we drafted a 20 yr old and maturity is an issue just like baker mayfield’s is

I support Haskins I think he needs this season to show what he is and isn’t . I have seen this kid breakdown offenses . I have seen qbs from RG3 to KC to CDC struggle learning Jay’s offense . When is it the coaches fault ?

but really if you dislike Haskins you are harsh on him , if you like him you are understanding of his mistakes

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, here's my response to "getting over it" and "rising above it."
38% of people in this country are refusing to buy Corona beers because they believe it's connected to the Coronavirus.
Garth Brooks was attacked recently in Detroit for wearing a Barry Sanders jersey when fans misguidedly thought that he was supporting Bernie Sanders.

Let's first agree that Americans are not very bright as shown above and that this sort of ignorance is dangerous.

That said, let me ask, how does rising above or getting over an persistent, dangerous thing that won't go away, somehow make that thing go away?
The analogy is one in which your house is on fire and you're told to either get over it or go climb a nearby hill overlooking it. Silly isn't it?
The interesting thing is, we on this board have a practical example of this failed strategy.
On the old "Politics" board we witnessed, contrary to the accepted "losing the debate" excuse, some who decided to limit their participation after a torrent of racist or perceived racist posts. This is NOT supposition by me, I know this as fact!! In fact, I too considered doing the same and I totally understand their reasoning, but I have my own reasons to continue until such time that I find the fight hopeless.

Did this withdrawal change one rotten racist or perceived racist perspective? ...Nope!

It really doesn't go away if the response is to "Get over it" or "rise above it" There's work to be done here and it starts with setting a standard. Mine has been to admit to my flaws and I promise you all that in time, I'll continue to work towards a time in which we've raised the bar in the manner that we interact with one another.
Perhaps then, we'll have reason to communicate about anything, including politics and our friends will return to the forum. I truly miss them!