• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr possible trade opportunity

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard this argument several times. It is called paying for Bruce's fuckup. Sad but true. There has to be a backup. Haskin's is not a proven starter. Do you think Haskins and a 4th round QB is the way to go into the season? I do not.
I say we aren’t winning this year so why pay for Carr ? Find a cheaper option

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it time to get a backup QB that plays in a manner similar to our starter? I believe that Haskins is our guy and that the team's sight should be on Jordan Love out of Utah State.

He's going to be severely overlooked even though he has 1st round talent. I'm already reading about him being a "running" QB (that label that's automatically placed on players like this) but the truth is he's a dropback QB with (like Haskins) mobility.

Big guy, (6-4 225) with a very talented and accurate arm...those are his selling points.
On the downside, he's a first read guy, in which the play is designed to go here, he goes here. That's a problem in the NFL . So draft the guy work on his mental deficiencies and I would match him up with ANY in this class. (Yep including Burrow )

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we aren’t winning this year so why pay for Carr ? Find a cheaper option

I didn't advocate Carr. If you read my post it said they need to bring is competition. I didn't name one name other than to say don't make the same mistake they made with Griffin where they gave him the position before he won it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is about Carr . My responses dealt with Carr . In fact my point specifically pointed out Carr’s salary and CDC ‘s salary .

every response you gave led me to believe you were also talking about Carr albeit you didn’t mention him by name

now for clarity I am not against competition or a cheaper veteran BU

However finding out about Haskins is of paramount importance and I only see that coming to pass only if he starts

now the question is do you think this 3-13 team is a perennial contender meaning next year it can compete for deep runs in the playoffs or a super bowl ?

my opinion is we are a sub 500 team and this year is a year of evaluation in which some holes will be solved while others arise

it’s the nature of new HC S

now in regards to Carr I don’t see how his salary ( along with CDC s ) advances the cause in a meaningful way . It occupies too much cap and has little chance of us moving forward for long term success . You will have to find out about Haskins and you won’t by having him sit

you bring in an inexpensive vet and suffer through brucifers FU that way rather then tying up 40 mil in cap space

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is about Carr . My responses dealt with Carr . In fact my point specifically pointed out Carr’s salary and CDC ‘s salary .

every response you gave led me to believe you were also talking about Carr albeit you didn’t mention him by name

now for clarity I am not against competition or a cheaper veteran BU

However finding out about Haskins is of paramount importance and I only see that coming to pass only if he starts

now the question is do you think this 3-13 team is a perennial contender meaning next year it can compete for deep runs in the playoffs or a super bowl ?

my opinion is we are a sub 500 team and this year is a year of evaluation in which some holes will be solved while others arise

it’s the nature of new HC S

now in regards to Carr I don’t see how his salary ( along with CDC s ) advances the cause in a meaningful way . It occupies too much cap and has little chance of us moving forward for long term success . You will have to find out about Haskins and you won’t by having him sit

you bring in an inexpensive vet and suffer through brucifers FU that way rather then tying up 40 mil in cap space

Dad, you know the drill about Assuming.

I think one thing when it comes to you saying this is a sub .500 team is you had them as a borderline playoff team last year. Not much has changed personnel wise and supposedly we have a better coach. I did not have them as a playoff team unless the D was lights out It wasn't.

Eight years ago the team drafted a QB in the 2nd round, made him a starter before he ever hit the field and it did not end well. That is my only point. I am not saying yay or nay on him. Just need to see more. So it doesn't hurt to have more competition.

As far as talent goes I know that is a big attraction for many here to debate who should and shouldn't be here. Me not so much except for certain cases. We have an entire new coaching staff so I am just going to sit back and watch. I can make a million guesses but I don't see a purpose to that. We have no idea what exactly this coaching staff is looking for but it will be interesting to watch.

As far as following the thread title …. when did anyone start doing that around here :noidea::pound:All good, as long as everyone is having fun.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think this plays out differently sport?

It is not about how I think it plays out, it is how I believe you should build a team when your top QB has 5 games of experience where a couple were good games. Is it possible Haskins is a 16 game starter? Sure. You have to have a backup and you can go that way but you at least need some sort of competent backup.

I also do not want to see someone given the position based on 5 games. If he earns it then GREAT!!

I guess from what we have heard Smith is helping the kid a lot too. I just want him to earn his spot. I am not asking anyone to bring in Carr, Bridgewater or Brady … just some halfway decent QB to provide some competition.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think this plays out differently sport?
For what it's worth, I do believe that Haskins goes into the season as the starter and will get starter reps. However, I believe his leash is shorter with Ron now steering the ship. Just like with RG3 when Gruden came in, a new coach has a short window in which to declare previous personnel moves as mistakes and move on. If Ron doesn't see what he likes from Haskins early, do be shocked if he moves on quickly.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not about how I think it plays out, it is how I believe you should build a team when your top QB has 5 games of experience where a couple were good games. Is it possible Haskins is a 16 game starter? Sure. You have to have a backup and you can go that way but you at least need some sort of competent backup.

I also do not want to see someone given the position based on 5 games. If he earns it then GREAT!!

I guess from what we have heard Smith is helping the kid a lot too. I just want him to earn his spot. I am not asking anyone to bring in Carr, Bridgewater or Brady … just some halfway decent QB to provide some competition.
Believe it or not, I'm in total agreement here and also believe Smith provides the same leadership from the bench to Haskins as he did for Mahomes the last year he started. I believe Smith's leadership qualities and mentorship approach is just what Rivera wants and needs for Haskins and for this reason, we draft a 3rd string QB late or add one after the draft. The limited games played obviously due to Gruden not wanting to go down with a rookie however, Gruden was a lame duck coach anyway. I am of the opinion that we see a much improved and confident Haskins heading into the 2020 season based upon the work he puts in and those around him assisting.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to trust Ron to make a good decision here. If the kid deserves to start than he should.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be sad for a Baker for Carr swap

Not sure why Gruden is so anti Car

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition is always a good thing in sports at every level. However, why make that the hurdle here in D.C. when leaguewide almost every current starting QB was handed the job without said competition? Hell, even Brady got the job because of injury and to make that point with respect to our team, Kirk didn't earn it through competition, Griffin lost it for various reasons. Kirk was... just, as is extremely common in the NFL, the next man up, who through his efforts earned some level of respect and/or acceptance.

QB's offer us an interesting study in psychological balance. Rather than outlining every aspect, let's remember that there are advantages (confidence)and disadvantages (unchecked ego) in knowing that one has the full support and backing of the organization that has him at QB1.

The job as of this moment must be Dwayne's to keep or lose with the full backing of this organization. ANY qualifiers speaks to something not afforded most starting QB in this league and ONLY the specific poster using them, knows why this particular player is being put to such measures.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t know about Haskins unless he plays

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the BETTER next man up" which equals winning through competition :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The job should be Haskins. We sink or swim with him this season. Worry about competition next season.

If Haskins has no backup this season and gets injured week 1, we will pick first next season.

If you bring in Competition and Haskins sucks or gets hurt, we may win five games...we still suck.

If you bring in no competition, hand the job to Haskins, you build his confidence by saying we sink or swim with you DHask. Go win us some damn games.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Haskins needs competition.
Its a no brainer.

Everyone should welcome competition this season. It makes the team better, and is simple common sense.

If the redskins bring in competition and Haskins sucks, then he isnt the right man for the job.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For
Of course Haskins needs competition.
Its a no brainer.

Everyone should welcome competition this season. It makes the team better, and is simple common sense.

If the redskins bring in competition and Haskins sucks, then he isnt the right man for the job.
40 mil ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$40 million? Meaning Alex Smith’s contract?

I think bringing in an unemployed veteran qb with starting experience is a good move. I also think not handing over the reigns to Haskins, or anyone on the roster for that matter, is also a good thing.