• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos Training Camp Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard DC won that award several times at his co-ed summer camp growing up.

He was a Counselor - running against the kids.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Stokley gives his gold star award each day to the player who impresses him the most. The catch is he can't do the same player twice. I think the 1st day was Lindsay and today was that Trinity Benson kid. Stokley mentioned that even though he's one of the fastest players out on the field, he runs better routes than most of the WR's in this camp.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Benson is going to make this team... He is getting the Courtland Sutton raves from last year. In a different way, maybe not to the extreme, but really a standout so far.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Stokley gives his gold star award each day to the player who impresses him the most. The catch is he can't do the same player twice. I think the 1st day was Lindsay and today was that Trinity Benson kid. Stokley mentioned that even though he's one of the fastest players out on the field, he runs better routes than most of the WR's in this camp.

Great to have you here

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I predicted in this very thread - the Bronco's offense picks up yesterday -by going to the short outlet passes to RBs - passes to the TE and off play action - a little deeper. So last week - everyone on the offense gets frustrated - this week they learn - if they do what the coaches want done - they will succeed.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good success stretching the field the last couple of days too. Now we just need to see them move Hogan down to the 3's and let Drew Lock take on the 2's full time, so they're not wasting reps he could be getting.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Hogan to the unemployment line.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good success stretching the field the last couple of days too. Now we just need to see them move Hogan down to the 3's and let Drew Lock take on the 2's full time, so they're not wasting reps he could be getting.
Fangio doesn’t separate his reps like that from what I read.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing of note - Manny Sanders taking reps with the team (on a reduced basis - but still). I've got my fingers crossed, because Sanders is the gun powder for Flacco's rifle arm. You pound them and you dink them and when you see them cheating up - Boom!! Goes the Dynamite! The most perfect offense invented by mankind to date.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio doesn’t separate his reps like that from what I read.

Which is fine unless we start losing a lot or our guys look super unprepared and then people are going to question his methods. Unique styles are good as long as they work.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is fine unless we start losing a lot or our guys look super unprepared and then people are going to question his methods. Unique styles are good as long as they work.

This is wisdom that has no contradiction in historical fact.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is sound. Mixing it up gives players chances to play with everyone else, while the “normal” system restricts who players play with and against. So if we lose guys to injury, the backups will already have had reps with the players they join on the field.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is sound. Mixing it up gives players chances to play with everyone else, while the “normal” system restricts who players play with and against. So if we lose guys to injury, the backups will already have had reps with the players they join on the field.

But if a guy is struggling and he only gets 8 reps against the top players instead of 16 reps he’s not going to get used to things as quickly. Or if a guy isn’t quite #1 material and is getting beat when he’s in against the better players he may lose come confidence.

Sure it might be easy to say oh of course he’s better so I shouldn’t take it to heart but if you’re always getting beat by Von Miller or Emmanuel Sanders it may do more harm than good to you.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Fangio has been in the league as long as he has, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m willing to bet he did something similar with the defenses he coached. How did that Chicago defense ever cope?

Last year we had the stricter 1v1, 2v2 system. I doubt it made any difference.