• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos Training Camp Thread

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only a month until the Broncos start Training Camp. What position battles intrigue you the most? What player are you watching?

Here are the battles of interest to me:
Backup QB: Lock, Rypien, and Hogan - Hoping the 2 rookies win out and become our next Elway/Kubiak for the next decade.

TE: The young TEs seem to be emerging, and how does that affect Butt and Heuerman.

DBs: Where does Jackson settle in? Who is the 3rd S and 3 CB depending on where Jackson ends up. Yiadom pushing for time.

DL: DeMarcus Walker and Dre'Mont Jones fitting in. I have hope that both can compete in the Fangio defense.

LB: Growth of Alexander Johnson and if Hollins will be able to play ILB/OLB this year, or if he will need additional time to develop.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in the DL as a whole. But, this is Walker's year to step up or step out. Who will be the #2 NT? How quickly can Jones make an impact? How many DL will we keep?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant visited the Garden of the God’s today.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garden of the Gods is a really cool place. I recommend it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the Broncos play Dre'Mont Jones and what are they getting him ready for in year two?

Will the Broncos field a nickel package with Von Miller, Brandley Chuff, Harris, Jones and Walker rushing the passer? Will Josey Jewell be able to stop all the RBs who burst past these pass rushers?

Who is going to back up Von Miller and Bradley Chubb?

Who plays behind Harris, Callahan and Jackson?

Will the Broncos be building a Munchak statue at Mile High Field?

Will Lindsay, Freeman or Booker be the featured RB?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know really - I can't wait for more Vic Fangio at Training Camp stories. There is a powerful intangible at play here. Vic Fangio has made himself the story - this is unquestionably Vic Fangio's team - run Vic Fangio's way - inspired by Fangio and developed by Fangio. As Vic Fangio walks around in his own personal wonderland of Head Coaching - he is the face of the Denver Broncos. The really good bi-product of the Vic Fangio takeover is that it takes all the pressure off the players. Flacco gets to be the next Bronco QB - given a mission by John Elway himself - to get back to the Super Bowl - to have another quality run at glory - and yet Flacco suffers in anonymity compared to Fangio. I would offer - that this takes a lot of pressure off Flacco - and allows him to concentrate on executing the offense more exclusively.

Fangio has even relegated Von Miller - to the status of another guy on the team that has to improve. Fangio takes the pressure off the defense too. The story thus far is not about Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Wolfe or even Chris Harris Jr. - the story is Fangio's defensive genius going about cooking up is next great defense. I think this Defense is going to be special, but either way the season turns out it is going to be Fangio's fault or his genius.

What is impressive about Fangio is the balls he has to make it all about him and he pulls this off by clearly being just himself. There is never an indication from Vic Fangio that he is acting or putting on a front. Not enough attention is paid to good leadership, but Fangio is leading this Bronco team - creating a culture of attention to detail - pride in execution of plays and team objectives. From what I can see the players are having fun in the process.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Troy Fumagalli and Noah Fant have looked great in camp so far. Hopefully that keeps up.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt plans to be ready for training camp.
No excuses for Broncos TE Jake Butt in comeback

He was coming on as a go to guy for Keenum last year. My fear is his body is not built for the NFL.

Would be absolutely tremendous if the TE position became a strength of this offense.

McManus needs a year like 2015 and this offense need to convert more 3rd downs. 24 ppg is the magic number for this offense .its doable

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE room could be Fant, Fumagali, and Butt. Sure could be worse. Final spot might come down to Butt and Heuerman. Either way they were all draft picks and we are not trying to make due with someone else’s cast offs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Butt looks healthy we probably keep 4 TE’s, IMO. Seems to be what Denver likes to do.

4 Big 10 Tight Ends!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we would keep 4 with one of the undrafted guys making the roster?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE room could be Fant, Fumagali, and Butt. Sure could be worse. Final spot might come down to Butt and Heuerman. Either way they were all draft picks and we are not trying to make due with someone else’s cast offs.

I think Heurman has a spot locked up just because we paid him $10 million for 2 years. Not crazy money but I think it’s more likely we put Fumagali on the PS over cutting Heurman if we’re only keeping 3 TE’s.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Heurman has a spot locked up just because we paid him $10 million for 2 years. Not crazy money but I think it’s more likely we put Fumagali on the PS over cutting Heurman if we’re only keeping 3 TE’s.

I'd say it is even money Butt's body won't hold up. Also the Broncos like Bug Howard and the kid from Wyo - who could hold down practice squad jobs.