• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts need to be smart with team building around him, keep a good balance with offense and defense.

Good point and that was the prob with Polian. When he was GM, all he did was build around Peyton . He made the same mistake when he was with Buffalo. Sure he took them to 4 SB's but we all know how that turned out. BB kinda does the opposite where he builds more around D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's flavor, tomorrow might be Rodgers or Luck. We and the knowledgeable fans know how lucky we are with Brady,
Having an elite QB is a definite advantage.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck will be among the elite. That kid has the moxie of a seasoned QB.

He does look older and plays seasoned, did someone check to make sure he didn't play 10 years in CFL or somewhere. I know Weeden is just an old rookie

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an elite QB is a definite advantage.
We have Romo who is very good but not elite. In his defense he has not had the fortune to play on any stellar teams.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise for me is the lack of running game for Denver???????????????

These two teams will be at it again this year, for sure
Patriots defense is obviously better than most folks thought. I mean if they can shut down the greatest fukin QB who ever walked the earth, they can't be half bad???

Denver has now played two real live SB contending teams and...................well, you know the rest. It's time for Princess Peyton to retire before he soils his legacy as the greatest regular season stat whore in the history of the game.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and that was the prob with Polian. When he was GM, all he did was build around Peyton . He made the same mistake when he was with Buffalo. Sure he took them to 4 SB's but we all know how that turned out. BB kinda does the opposite where he builds more around D

I don't agree on Buffalo. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball. They just existed in an Era where the NFC was vastly superior...and missed their one golden chance vs NYG.

But the Colts most certainly put all their eggs on offense. Which resulted in big statistical seasons but an inferior playoff team. Especially with Manning making mistakes he rarely made in the regular season.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots defense is obviously better than most folks thought. I mean if they can shut down the greatest fukin QB who ever walked the earth, they can't be half bad???

Denver has now played two real live SB contending teams and...................well, you know the rest. It's time for Princess Peyton to retire before he soils his legacy as the greatest regular season stat whore in the history of the game.

I'm still iffy about the front 7. Where they can match up with anyone is in the secondary. Their weakness the last 5 years is now the strength.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree on Buffalo. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball. They just existed in an Era where the NFC was vastly superior...and missed their one golden chance vs NYG.

But the Colts most certainly put all their eggs on offense. Which resulted in big statistical seasons but an inferior playoff team. Especially with Manning making mistakes he rarely made in the regular season.
Those Colts teams were only average on defense but had an outstanding offense.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Romo who is very good but not elite. In his defense he has not had the fortune to play on any stellar teams.

GG Romo is very good for an unknown and esp for being a walk-on. Brady as we all know , went in 6th round. So I think both franchises are very lucky. We have seen how many first round busts and headcases there have been. Romo is tough and has heart. Brady plays with the fire like he can lose his job anytime. Who knows it could be from the guy who went to the same college as your guy lol

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

peyton finally had a ''bad'' day like every other team,...and it wasn't just peyton's fault today,.....I just pray we win-out the rest of the year, because I think the broncos will .

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah and I was at that game. Norwood goes wide on the FG to win it. I look on NYG sidelines and see Parcells and BB jumping up and down and hugging. Man LT,Pepper Johnson and Carl Banks. The latter 2 we were lucky to get as line coaches

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game Patriots!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peyton finally had a ''bad'' day like every other team,...and it wasn't just peyton's fault today,.....I just pray we win-out the rest of the year, because I think the broncos will .
The Pats should win their division. You shouldn't worry about that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just concerned that Romo's injury might be worse than reported. If we have to rely on Weeden we're toast.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just concerned that Romo's injury might be worse than reported. If we have to rely on Weeden we're toast.

Would be a shame , nobody gave them a chance and before you knew it they were 6-1, beat Seattle at their house and ranked #1. Who would have thought that, beginning of season

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still iffy about the front 7. Where they can match up with anyone is in the secondary. Their weakness the last 5 years is now the strength.
Yeah, they gave up almost 50 yds rushing to the bestest offense in the whole NFL and I share you're concerns.

Seriously, did the Patriots blitz at all today? Belichick took John Fox to school today and the Denver coach flunked.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is good and the Broncos schedule is easy as shit from here on out, but he'll gack on one or two away from home. Besides they have John Fox as HC.

I ain't ascared of John Fox.