• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deja vu

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dunno, once again, i think the defense makes everything look horrible including bryz, but what do i kno. even im starting to question myself and my love for bryz.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught the replays on CSN.....Man, I am soooo glad I missed this game.

wow..

see i actually thought for the first 2 periods the team played really well, and even in the 3rd i thought they had a lot of pop, just couldn't figure out the d-zone and once bryz let one in, the team-confidence was shot

what i love about this team though is they're trying.. i dont think there is a game this season where i've felt the team as a whole wasn't trying.. and that is a 100% reversal from last year

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see i actually thought for the first 2 periods the team played really well, and even in the 3rd i thought they had a lot of pop, just couldn't figure out the d-zone and once bryz let one in, the team-confidence was shot

what i love about this team though is they're trying.. i dont think there is a game this season where i've felt the team as a whole wasn't trying.. and that is a 100% reversal from last year

i 100% agree. we fail to take in to consideration that we are starting 5+ rookies a night, and overall are top 5 youngest team in the league (with current playing lineup). the age thing is going to lead to these ups and downs and blown leads and also huge comebacks. the biggest thing is what you talk about, the fact that they try hard all the time. same thing couldnt be said about the richards/carter era.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i 100% agree. we fail to take in to consideration that we are starting 5+ rookies a night, and overall are top 5 youngest team in the league (with current playing lineup). the age thing is going to lead to these ups and downs and blown leads and also huge comebacks. the biggest thing is what you talk about, the fact that they try hard all the time. same thing couldnt be said about the richards/carter era.

exactly.. i love this team and you have to expect ups and downs.. the team is way too young to expect consistency, the one place they should have consistency though is in net, and bryz has not been that foundation he was expected to be.. if he can figure this thing out, the team will be very dangerous

i said it on almost a daily basis last season, i'll take a lesser team that works their ass off over a super-star team that isn't trying every day of the year.. whats exciting is this team is so young and playing so well that it might be the beginnings of a super-star team

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
exactly.. i love this team and you have to expect ups and downs.. the team is way too young to expect consistency, the one place they should have consistency though is in net, and bryz has not been that foundation he was expected to be.. if he can figure this thing out, the team will be very dangerous

i said it on almost a daily basis last season, i'll take a lesser team that works their ass off over a super-star team that isn't trying every day of the year.. whats exciting is this team is so young and playing so well that it might be the beginnings of a super-star team

The one place we are not young though is defense. These are guys who should not be screwing up as consistently as they do. The rookie are forgiven for the mistakes they do make. It is tougher to forgive Coburn, Mesz, Carle, Lilja, Timonen (though Kimmo usually climbs himself out of my doghouse within minutes).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one place we are not young though is defense. These are guys who should not be screwing up as consistently as they do. The rookie are forgiven for the mistakes they do make. It is tougher to forgive Coburn, Mesz, Carle, Lilja, Timonen (though Kimmo usually climbs himself out of my doghouse within minutes).

even on defense we're not that veteran.. lilja and timonen are, but carle (27), mesz (26), and coburn (26) aren't that old.. old enough to not make the mistakes they do i guess

i think the flyers are missing puck-movers just as badly as their missing a big guy for the front of the net.. the turnovers on outlet passes are causing just as many problems as deflections IMO.. but that part can be helped by practicing their breakouts

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even on defense we're not that veteran.. lilja and timonen are, but carle (27), mesz (26), and coburn (26) aren't that old.. old enough to not make the mistakes they do i guess

i think the flyers are missing puck-movers just as badly as their missing a big guy for the front of the net.. the turnovers on outlet passes are causing just as many problems as deflections IMO.. but that part can be helped by practicing their breakouts

Finally on the Pronger bandwagon???
194-1283126103-bg-happy-spongebob-squarepants-blue.gif

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said that because after my Steelers allowed themselves to be out played by Mr. PraisetheLord....I was glad that I didn't have the pain of their collapse to add to my despair. lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3