• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate Report Released

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Vitamike and Blue are both correct. Tom Brady's other infraction that got him in hot water is the blatant lying and cover-up by refusing to give up his cell phone to investigators. Sound familiar? He and Killary must be hanging out together these days. lol.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Vitamike and Blue are both correct. Tom Brady's other infraction that got him in hot water is the blatant lying and cover-up by refusing to give up his cell phone to investigators. Sound familiar? He and Killary must be hanging out together these days. lol.

yah and don't forget back during the Spygate investigation Goodell made sure the tapes were destroyed then he handed out the punishment, hmmm....how convenient. Arlen Spector wanted an explanation but never got one.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again, the Pats get a slap on the wrist.

how does the NFL expect to fix this cheating from this organization or any other organization if they just keep giving them slaps on the wrist.

I mean, who wouldn't risk a 4 game suspension for a chance to win a SB?

now, if it was a year, nobody would be willing to take that risk. see the difference Roger?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yippie!!!

I thought it should be 6 games. With just 4 games, there's always the possibility it will be appealed to 2 games which I believe would hurt the credibility of the Office of the Commissioner in light of the harsh penalties Sean Payton and the Saints got for Bounty Gate.

I thought the Patriots organization would also be fined, but $1,000,000 exceeded my expectations!

I thought they would lose a 1st round pick, but an additional 4th rounder exceeded my expectations.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone keeps talking about this like these are stiff penalties, but come on, this is pretty light when you are talking about the integrity of the game.

assuming they don't reduce Brady's suspension, at worst they are going to be 1-3 when he returns ( probably more like 2-2 ), so how is that really hurting them?

the loss of the 1st rounder seems bad, but the Pats always end up with a bunch of picks anyways, so even that isn't a big hit for the organization and the 4th rounder is not big deal. and the million dollars is chump change for the organization when they made way more than that just getting to the SB, not to mention winning it.

everyone may think these are stiff penalties, but I think it does little to prevent them from trying to cheat in the future with penalties like this.

the Saints got way harder penalties and they didn't have a track record of cheating like the Patriots do.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yippie!!!

I thought it should be 6 games. With just 4 games, there's always the possibility it will be appealed to 2 games which I believe would hurt the credibility of the Office of the Commissioner in light of the harsh penalties Sean Payton and the Saints got for Bounty Gate.

I thought the Patriots organization would also be fined, but $1,000,000 exceeded my expectations!

I thought they would lose a 1st round pick, but an additional 4th rounder exceeded my expectations.
I thought the penalties were fair, a little harsher than I thought they might be. I was disappointed the league did nothing to Bill Belichick with the history of his involvement in 'stretching' the rules in the past.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Brady now has a fondness for cheating. Little was stated about where he was encouraged to develop that fondness. Nothing about his head coach in all of this. Perhaps they should go after the head of this poisonous snake and take action against Belicheat!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast.... Remember guys, the 1999 Rams were written off when Trent Green went down.... Kurt Warner came in and well, you know the story. Not saying that will happen with the Patriots but just because Brady will sit for four games, we shouldn't write them out just yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast.... Remember guys, the 1999 Rams were written off when Trent Green went down.... Kurt Warner came in and well, you know the story. Not saying that will happen with the Patriots but just because Brady will sit for four games, we shouldn't write them out just yet.

They also lost a big chunk of their secondary, which was going to hurt them before this ruling.

'99 Rams were coming off of nothing really, while these Patriots are coming off a Super Bowl win. Tough comparison.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost a big chunk of their secondary, which was going to hurt them before this ruling.

'99 Rams were coming off of nothing really, while these Patriots are coming off a Super Bowl win. Tough comparison.
None the less shops, to @ShaneC point, there is a decent chance that the Pats could even go 4-0 with the unknown at QB.

Even then if they don't, these same World Champs went 2-2 last year to start the season so having Garopp's at QB could end up being nothing more than a speed bump for Billy to coach around.

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am biased I don't like the Pats. I believe everything from the Belichick era should be wiped clean. Is Belichick a great coach? I don't know because he is a cheater. Is Brady a great QB I don't know because he is a cheater. Neither belong in the HOF because they are cheaters. If they get in then a much better case can be made for poor Pete Rose. And please lets not compare levels of cheating. Cheating is cheating. Try it on you wife or girlfriend/boyfriend then get back to me. I have heard many of the pro Pats arguments. Every bodies doing it. Well no they are not and this is a childish retort. And if they are they didn't get caught. It wouldn't have mattered any way. Well sorry it matters its cheating. But hell I am biased because their cheating stole a Superbowl from the Rams.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen Ozark!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None the less shops, to @ShaneC point, there is a decent chance that the Pats could even go 4-0 with the unknown at QB.

Even then if they don't, these same World Champs went 2-2 last year to start the season so having Garopp's at QB could end up being nothing more than a speed bump for Billy to coach around.

I think you're underestimating their FA losses (esp in the secondary), but that's just my opinion. As a secondary Bills fan, I hate that f'ing team even more than most Rams fans.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're underestimating their FA losses (esp in the secondary), but that's just my opinion. As a secondary Bills fan, I hate that f'ing team even more than most Rams fans.

Secondary Bills fan? Are you from LA/STL living in Buffalo?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary Bills fan? Are you from LA/STL living in Buffalo?

Have lived in Rochester (about an hour east of Buffalo) all of my life, so proximity and family made me a Bills fan. I started following the Rams on their first Superbowl run at age 9 and have been a fan ever since. Somehow, I managed to become a Dodgers/Lakers/Rams fan living 3000 miles away lol.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots offer rebuttal to Wells report

Kraft is doing his best to undermine the findings in the Wells Report, and I for one believe he should face additional penalties because of this. This organization has zero integrity and they need to feel the wrath of the league, IMO.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots offer rebuttal to Wells report

Kraft is doing his best to undermine the findings in the Wells Report, and I for one believe he should face additional penalties because of this. This organization has zero integrity and they need to feel the wrath of the league, IMO.

that explanation for the "deflator" remark is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

do they really take everybody for a bunch of idiots?

and if that is what they were referring to, then why was Brady's name mentioned in those texts? and why would they mention " not going to ESPN yet" if they are talking about weight loss?

hello Mr. Kraft- you and your organization are looking worse and worse the more you try and justify your teams actions. just stop and accept the punishment for your cheating and quit taking us all for fools cause we are not. the only people buying your story are your fans, who, like the rest of your organization, care more about championships than the integrity of the game ( at least the fans that defend your actions- not the ones that are actually disgusted by your actions ).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, the way the Pats and their fans are defending all this is truly amazing. People wonder why so many children have little respect these days? Its because they see crap like this from their "Heroes"...

All Brady had to do was have his lawyer give the investigators a print out of specific email and texts, not even turn over his phone if he didn't want to, he refused.

When Wells wanted to speak to one of the locker room guys again, the organization said they wouldn't even relay the message to the employee he wanted to speak to. Wells said they were willing to go to his house or meet anywhere of his choosing and convenience, they again said they wouldn't relay the message.

These are the main things they are being fined and suspended for, its not even really about the footballs anymore(since they couldn't get all the info). Its about dishonesty and cover-up. The NFL is a private corporation, you play by their rules or you can find another job. At least that's how it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, Kraft buying the Patriots pretty much kept them from moving to St. Louis before the Rams moved there. You could be the fan base dealing with this crap...