• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backfield

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Slay is a bust. Everyone that wrote him off after one season was right. We just can't draft 2nd rnd picks I guess

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what?! Our secondary is in shambles with the injuries and considering how thin we already were, but Slay hasn't done anything to warrant the bust label so far this year, at least in my opinion. From what I can see out there he's taken a big step forward from where he was at last season.

Care to elaborate on why he's suddenly a bust after this week? I'm not following, unless this was sarcasm, and I just missed it?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being sarcastic lol. He's been arguably our top defensive player in the first 2 games

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being sarcastic lol. He's been arguably our top defensive player in the first 2 games

Haha, that's what I was leaning towards, but then I thought you might have decided to turn on him, too.

He wasn't perfect yesterday, but he kept everything in front of him and didn't look lost. He's definitely moving in the right direction, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaul, you're slowing down because even I got his sarcasm...

I'm now 10 for 28 comprehending sarcasm... according to Fog's representing I was 8/26 at 1 point, now 2 for 2 in last two...

Do I get "The Soup" 2 nite, Fog ?

speaking of DB's, Nate Ness was put back on the 53 man roster Saturday
Detroit Lions promote safety Nate Ness to fill open spot on roster | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I'm on OldLion's side in bringing up Seisay from the PS to replace Lawson. Hopefully we can find another option at CB but now that OL Reynold's and Ness are on the 53 man roster, they must remain for a 3 week minimum (if my memory serves right)

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds wasn't on the practice squad, so he could be cut at any time, although he's probably here for the season now that Hilliard is gone...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it... I should have known better about Reynolds, Ness I remembered being on PS.

Thanx

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaul, you're slowing down because even I got his sarcasm...

I'm now 10 for 28 comprehending sarcasm... according to Fog's representing I was 8/26 at 1 point, now 2 for 2 in last two...

Do I get "The Soup" 2 nite, Fog ?

speaking of DB's, Nate Ness was put back on the 53 man roster Saturday
Detroit Lions promote safety Nate Ness to fill open spot on roster | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I'm on OldLion's side in bringing up Seisay from the PS to replace Lawson. Hopefully we can find another option at CB but now that OL Reynold's and Ness are on the 53 man roster, they must remain for a 3 week minimum (if my memory serves right)

72 must think I was born yesterday. Coming on here after BM admits to sarcasm, and claiming he got the sarcasm. What? I'm just supposed to take his word for it?

2 demerits and NO soup for 72!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds played a decent first half. I think once we got behind and the Panthers could just pin their ears back and go after the QB is when he didnt handle it well. Technically he played Guard during the preseason so considering we just threw him in there at RT when he hadnt played the position in quite a while I am not disappointed. He did about as well as we could have expected in the situation. Apparently, the coaches didnt want to roll Lucas out there against such a formidable defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thruthefog said:
72 must think I was born yesterday. Coming on here after BM admits to sarcasm, and claiming he got the sarcasm. What? I'm just supposed to take his word for it?

It took Tpaul 10 mins to own up to it or Did He really own up to it. not really sure. Nah. Tpaul was owned on the sarcasm and wiggled his way out of it. kinda, sort of.

Tpaul did state, he wasn't sure if it was sarcasm.... that's wiggle room

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thruthefog said:

:pound: :pound: :pound:

okay....
BM clearly stated after game 1 how impressed he was with Slay and reiterated to some of the same type comments to a certain extent yesterday.... So "I know" he was being sarcastic. Yeah, I actually do read and Comprehend most of which is read

I WANT THE DAMN SOUP,,, I'm starving hungry :wtf2:

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Ness has been released. I assume this means ihedigbo and/or Carey are ready. Pairing this move with Lawson most likely headed to IR, we have 2 open spots. One most likely goes to Siesey. The other should also go to a CB. I think it's time to bring in champ

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some names to consider for our two open CB spots:

Champ Bailey- He's the big name out there, but he's also a shell of his former self.

Mohammed Seisay- Already on the practice squad, might be a good bet for one spot. He's an outside CB, though, and we need help in the slot.

Terrell Thomas- Natural slot CB who played decent in that role last year for the Giants.

Dmitri Patterson- Another natural slot CB. Good size and fair production last season.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ is a shell of his former self, but we have a lot of young guys in the backfield. Oh the things he could teach them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ is a shell of his former self, but we have a lot of young guys in the backfield. Oh the things he could teach them.

Hire him as a coach then and use that roster spot for someone who can contribute.

I'd sign Thomas and Patterson (Peterson? Not sure) to give us a pair of 6'0", 200 lbs veteran slot CBs. We need help bad, and they're the most experienced pair of nickel CBs on the market.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of defensive backfield. We have a top 10 secondary! (according to stats)

(sarcasm font for the stat junkies out there)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire him as a coach then and use that roster spot for someone who can contribute.

I'd sign Thomas and Patterson (Peterson? Not sure) to give us a pair of 6'0", 200 lbs veteran slot CBs. We need help bad, and they're the most experienced pair of nickel CBs on the market.

I'd be pretty excited if champ signed on as a assistant DB coach.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of defensive backfield. We have a top 10 secondary! (according to stats)

(sarcasm font for the stat junkies out there)

Stats are only for benefitting ones argument, if they debunk it, they are useless.

I have heard that the offensive stats don't count because they get them in trash time of the 4th qtr. behind by 82.

Get this...also heard stats given up by the defense count in all 4 qtrs. even when they crushed the Bears and gave ass load of garbage yards in trash time.

Like being married all over again here.