• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backfield

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are only for benefitting ones argument, if they debunk it, they are useless.

I have heard that the offensive stats don't count because they get them in trash time of the 4th qtr. behind by 82.

Get this...also heard stats given up by the defense count in all 4 qtrs. even when they crushed the Bears and gave ass load of garbage yards in trash time.

Like being married all over again here.

I am not real big into stats. They can be padded, and dont tell the whole story. But i am sitting here bored and started looking.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then TrustMe should absolutely love you Kreton for posting STATS. MikeD is Stat KING up in here...

don't take it personal TrustMe... it's fact, not just an opinion

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then TrustMe should absolutely love you Kreton for posting STATS. MikeD is Stat KING up in here...

If you like those stats i have another thread that proves we've already faced the best 2 QB's in the NFL this year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, looks like we went with "none of the above" and signed one Danny Gorrer, whomever the fuck that is. So now we're up to four healthy CBs (most teams keep 6), with 5 safeties on the roster (2 healthy). I'm not sure I've ever heard of a team in the modern NFL keeping more safeties on the roster than CBs. I'm guessing/betting that Don Carey is going to have to be our primary nickel back going forward as soon as he's healthy, because non of our 4 CBs are nickels.

Looks like we also brought in Derek Cox for a workout (who is also an outside CB).

Maybe we're just going to abandon running the nickel against the Packers and stay in our base the whole game. It's not like they pass much or have any WR depth...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, looks like we went with "none of the above" and signed one Danny Gorrer, whomever the fuck that is. So now we're up to four healthy CBs (most teams keep 6), with 5 safeties on the roster (2 healthy). I'm not sure I've ever heard of a team in the modern NFL keeping more safeties on the roster than CBs. I'm guessing/betting that Don Carey is going to have to be our primary nickel back going forward as soon as he's healthy, because non of our 4 CBs are nickels.

Looks like we also brought in Derek Cox for a workout (who is also an outside CB).

Maybe we're just going to abandon running the nickel against the Packers and stay in our base the whole game. It's not like they pass much or have any WR depth...

I wouldnt worry about the Packers passing game. None of their WR's were first round picks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt worry about the Packers passing game. None of their WR's were first round picks.

That's because the Lions drafted them all.:suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions placed nickel cornerback Nevin Lawson on season-ending injured reserve today with dislocated toes and signed free-agent cornerback Danny Gorrer, who played for defensive coordinator Teryl Austin with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Lions also promoted linebacker Julian Stanford from the practice squad to fill out their 53-player roster and signed Alabama linebacker Jerrell Harris to their practice squad.

With only three healthy cornerbacks on the roster, coach Jim Caldwell on Monday had left open the possibility of promoting Mohammed Seisay from the practice squad or signing a free agent.

But a big showdown looms against the NFC North rival Green Bay Packers on Sunday at Ford Field, so the Lions opted for a plug-and-play veteran who has some familiarity with the scheme Austin brought over from his time as a secondary coach at Baltimore.

Gorrer, 28, has two starts in 27 NFL games with one interception. One of the highlights of his career came Oct.2, 2011, when he helped shut down former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes. Against the Jets that night, Holmes had three catches on 12 targets for 33 yards.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will bite my tongue on this one. I have a response (not to you BB), but I will keep it to myself. After getting a call this morning that two of my GT's machines need to be repaired -- I wouldn't have the time to properly respond to the backlash.:whistle:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bite my tongue on this one. I have a response (not to you BB), but I will keep it to myself. After getting a call this morning that two of my GT's machines need to be repaired -- I wouldn't have the time to properly respond to the backlash.:whistle:

It's okay Mike. I hate it when my Goat Trimming machines are on the fritz. Take care of business. We'll wait.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay Mike. I hate it when my Goat Trimming machines are on the fritz. Take care of business. We'll wait.

Ahh, goat trimming is what that stands for. And here I was getting all excited because I thought it meant genital tickling...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Backfield? Hmm....By the time we get one, we won't have a Stafford or Calvin....So the tide will shift to our DB's are great but our offense sucks.....

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Backfield? Hmm....By the time we get one, we won't have a Stafford or Calvin....So the tide will shift to our DB's are great but our offense sucks.....

At least defense wins championships.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least defense wins championships.
It appears that way. So in another 3-5 years if we start today we can have a championship.....I'm on board but it seems like a few years away with our secondary.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Stafford will be gone -- he is only 26. QB's can play a long time. Calvin though -- his window for being as dominant as he is will only get smaller as each year goes by.

Our issue is -- by the time we fix our secondary -- we will need to rebuild our DL. Ansah looks like a good building block, but with Suh and Fairley FA's after this year -- the rebuilding could be a lot sooner than we think.

I do hope we find a way to get it all together while Calvin is on the team -- he has been a great role model for not only his teammates, but the kids who cheer on the Lions too. He could have jumped ship and went to any team in the NFL, as it would have been a bidding war for him. Instead, he re-signed with the Lions and I'd love to see the team put together a couple nice playoff runs while he is still here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seisay in at CB, Ogletree out as WR (released, cut, see ya)

The Detroit Lions released wide receiver Kevin Ogletree today to make room for practice-squad cornerback Mohammed Seisay.

Ogletree, whose release was first reported by ESPN, spent most of the preseason as the Lions' No. 3 receiver, but he did not dress for either of the Lions' first two games and became expendable with injuries mounting at other positions.

Seisay, an undrafted rookie out of Nebraska, will play as the Lions' fourth cornerback in Sunday's NFC North showdown against the Green Bay Packers.

Lions make a roster move ahead of Sunday's showdown with Packers

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seisay, an undrafted rookie out of Nebraska, will play as the Lions' fourth cornerback in Sunday's NFC North showdown against the Green Bay Packers.

Who are the other 3?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously ? Slay, Mathis and newly signed CB Gorrer. Vaughn, I believe had an ankle injury. Gorrer was signed Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken, maybe it was Wednesday.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously ? Slay, Mathis and newly signed CB Gorrer. Vaughn, I believe had an ankle injury. Gorrer was signed Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken, maybe it was Wednesday.

I like Slay very much.....But thanks for telling the other 3 that will stop Aaron Rodgers this weekend....