• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deep thoughts by Rock Strongo: What worries me most about this 2015 Patriots team

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets D should give them some issues as well. If Ivory is healthy thy could give them some issues on offense as well. Should be a couple of good tests for them

Yep. Another one that should be a very good game to watch. Super D and Ivory always gives the Patriots trouble.

Fitzpatricks 3 TDs performance against New England when he was at Buffalo helped make him a rich man

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets D should give them some issues as well. If Ivory is healthy thy could give them some issues on offense as well. Should be a couple of good tests for them

Yeah I would actually put the Jets ahead of the Broncos with a better chance to knock the Patriots from the unbeaten pedestal. I like the Jets ability to run the ball and shorten the game keeping it a little closer. I also like that interior on the defense just a bit more being able to move Brady off his mark. Can't wait to have our 2 defenses truly tested.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Another one that should be a very good game to watch. Super D and Ivory always gives the Patriots trouble.

Fitzpatricks 3 TDs performance against New England when he was at Buffalo helped make him a rich man

The problem with Ivory is that his running style gets him injured. I was hoping Powell would be able to spell him but we all saw how that worked in the Philly game when Ivory was out.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would actually put the Jets ahead of the Broncos with a better chance to knock the Patriots from the unbeaten pedestal. I like the Jets ability to run the ball and shorten the game keeping it a little closer. I also like that interior on the defense just a bit more being able to move Brady off his mark. Can't wait to have our 2 defenses truly tested.

Me too. I'm interested on seeing how that idiot Richardson fits back in now that his suspension is over. If he manages to keep his dumb ass from being suspended again

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Ivory is that his running style gets him injured. I was hoping Powell would be able to spell him but we all saw how that worked in the Philly game when Ivory was out.

Last year he just beat the hell out of the Patriots front 7. I also think the Jets have a great chance to beat the Patriots at least once.

Two weeks?

I still need a few more Jet games to see how real they are.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he just beat the hell out of the Patriots front 7. I also think the Jets have a great chance to beat the Patriots at least once.

Two weeks?

I still need a few more Jet games to see how real they are.

I can see them splitting too but if the Jets fall behind they're done. Fitz is not a QB that can get you back into games. The Jets special teams have also been disappointing this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I'm interested on seeing how that idiot Richardson fits back in now that his suspension is over. If he manages to keep his dumb ass from being suspended again

Yeah that is what I am thinking with Richardson coming back, Wilkerson adding pressure, and the rookie all crashing the middle of that offense I do think they could do some damage. Gronk is the great equalizer for the Pats in not sure who can cover him. Not sure there is a single player in the league that can cover him.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is what I am thinking with Richardson coming back, Wilkerson adding pressure, and the rookie all crashing the middle of that offense I do think they could do some damage. Gronk is the great equalizer for the Pats in not sure who can cover him. Not sure there is a single player in the league that can cover him.

Can't argue with that. Gronk is a freak of nature.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add the Steelers to that list. They outgained the Pat's by 100+ yards the day they played and really only lost because of their kicker. And I still think the Colts and Luck will turn it around at some point.

Would I make the Pat's the favorite? Yeah right now I guess I would. But again....we have no idea if the Pat's can cover anyone yet and we will only get to see some minor glances at whether they can or not throughout the rest of the season because of how offensively challenged their schedule is.

I've only caught pieces of the Pat's games and mostly when they are on offense (my fantasy teams are Patriot heavy) with the exception of that week 1 game. But in the opening game against the Steelers I was shocked at how often the Pat's were putting their secondary in man coverage and not giving them a lot of help. IMO if they get to the playoffs and think they can cover man on man regularly like that and face a team with legit weapons like the Colts, Bengals, Broncos and maybe even a few other teams, their defense is in for a LONG day and whether their offense can compensate for a bad defensive performance is a little less than a coin flip chance once you get to January.

Agreed, good one on the Steelers, a healthy Ben and Leveon give them a chance against anyone, and that defense, if you watch them, is really playing better every week

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy every game. Really looking forward to a Sunday night blowout. Snitches get stitches in the NFL.
And Cheaters get off Scot free!!! Yeah!!! Hey, wait...that's not really funny or catchy...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys are peaking way too early and it was a long offseason for some key guys. You won't be there at the end. The AFC looks really really weak at the top. Good year to get hot in the NFC playoffs and ride it through the Super Bowl.
But how do you know if they are peaking? Maybe they get even better?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is like being the least ghey guy back stage at the ice capades
Hey, wait a minute. Sometimes your girlfriend wins tickets and you just because you're done weight lifting for the day...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true...Look at last year at this time. Patriots had the media going crazy with thoughts of Brady being done and the Pats reign at the top finished. Same with the Seahawks as they were looking like a pretty mediocre team at this point. Colts had started the year 0-2 so not looking any better. So 3 of the 4 teams that were in the Championship games and Super Bowl all at this point looked mediocre at best.

Last year at this time the top teams were the Broncos, Chargers, Bengals, and Cowboys. 3 of those 4 still made the playoffs but didn't finish as strong. So while it is nice to see those teams at the top I hate to say it as Tgann has but it is a long season. It is amazing how quickly the NFL season can turn upside down in a hurry.

The Cowboys??? You mean the Cowboy team that Cowboy fans last year still had to defend as not being an 8 win team AFTER they won their 9th game!!!:crazy:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them splitting too but if the Jets fall behind they're done. Fitz is not a QB that can get you back into games. The Jets special teams have also been disappointing this year.

Yes, then the Patriots will pour it on. But last year both games are close.

This may sound crazy but who besides the Patriots do Jet's fans worry about? Everyone? :D

Because until they prove people wrong, these ARE the Jets' we're talking about

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, then the Patriots will pour it on. But last year both games are close.

This may sound crazy but who besides the Patriots do Jet's fans worry about? Everyone? :D

Jets fans don't worry about any other team, our own team gives us enough to worry about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys??? You mean the Cowboy team that Cowboy fans last year still had to defend as not being an 8 win team AFTER they won their 9th game!!!:crazy:

This is where people get too caught up in the past. The NFL has some of the biggest turnover of any major sport from one year to the next of teams that make the playoffs. Week 6 of last year is where I would hope most began to take them seriously when they beat Seattle in Seattle. I could understand a little before that some of the delay but after that game at least for me it solidified that the Cowboys were the real deal.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy every game. Really looking forward to a Sunday night blowout. Snitches get stitches in the NFL.

I think you will get another convincing win against the Colts, but I don't get the snitches get stitches mentality....
You do realize that any HC in the league would complain if they felt they were being cheated !!
BB has filed many complaints as well as all other HC's...
And to top it all off, Tom Brady is known as the biggest crybaby qb in the league, pointing his finger and yelling at refs for flags is essentially snitching....
Be happy your team is doing so well, because every road has to end somewhere !!
"I'm just sayin'"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets fans don't worry about any other team, our own team gives us enough to worry about.

Jets should shock the world and engage in talks after tonight with the Saints about Drew Brees

A parting of the ways is inevitable between Brees and the rebuilding Saints, why not step in now and offer 2 first rounders to start?

The Jets are truly that QB away from being serious SB contendors

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets should shock the world and engage in talks after tonight with the Saints about Drew Brees

A parting of the ways is inevitable between Brees and the rebuilding Saints, why not step in now and offer 2 first rounders to start?

The Jets are truly that QB away from being serious SB contendors
yeah, they cant afford to keep brees..and ive said NJ would be a great fit for him.