• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions, Decisions. Decisions

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I want to chime in on all this D Hop bullshit. BB made one damn comment, complimenting him on what a great career he is having and all of sudden fans here and media assum Dhop should be a Patriot, It's kind of stupid.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I want to chime in on all this D Hop bullshit. BB made one damn comment, complimenting him on what a great career he is having and all of sudden fans here and media assum Dhop should be a Patriot, It's kind of stupid.
hes better than anyone we got:suds:

1685457893708.png

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has played 15 games in last 2 years.....
Yep, two half seasons.

Makes one wonder if he's injury prone, got serious weakness somewhere, or just has a mysterious pulled someth8ing and takes a vacation if he thinks the team is done for the season. You know, early vacation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, two half seasons.

Makes one wonder if he's injury prone, got serious weakness somewhere, or just has a mysterious pulled someth8ing and takes a vacation if he thinks the team is done for the season. You know, early vacation.
Almost doesn't matter what it is.
Too big a risk to spend that much money on.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, two half seasons.

He was suspended half of last season for PED linked to the injury from the season before...if I remember correctly.

One injury, returned to form in the second half of last season.

But I could be wrong.

Edited to include:

2021 season
In a Week 1 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, Hopkins had six receptions for 83 yards and two touchdowns in the 38–13 rout. On October 24, a Week 7 game against his former team the Texans, Hopkins caught seven passes for 53 yards and a touchdown in the 31–5 win for the eighth straight defeat and a perfect 7–0 record. After the Thursday Night Football loss to the Green Bay Packers, 24–21, Hopkins missed the next three weeks with a hamstring injury. In Week 14, he suffered a torn MCL and was placed on injured reserve on December 18. He finished the season with 42 catches for 572 yards and eight touchdowns in 10 games. He was ranked 37th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2022.

2022 season
On May 2, 2022, the NFL announced that Hopkins would be suspended for the first six games of the season for a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drugs policy. Hopkins returned in Week 7 and had ten receptions for 103 yards in the 42–34 victory over the New Orleans Saints. In Week 8, he had 12 receptions for 159 yards and one touchdown in the 34–26 loss to the Minnesota Vikings. Hopkins appeared in nine games in the 2022 season. He finished with 64 receptions for 717 receiving yards and three receiving touchdowns.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DHop travel plans have been a bust.

He originally had a list of 13 teams that he would supposedly be visiting.

That list has been pared down to three remaining.

Giants
Browns
Patriots

Several teams have said internally that they are out of the sweepstakes. Bills and Chiefs would like him to sign but at a huge discount. $3-$5M ain't gonna cut it.

Consider this. Devin McCourty waited until yeaterday to file his official retirement paperwork with the league. By waiting he gave the Patriots $2,85M more salary cap space and spread his dead money over two years. Pats have to pay $2.5M in cap this year and $6.85 next year. Bill now has $13.89M open cap space.

Back to DHop.

Giants are looking but don't have the space to move around much. Remember, only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. Most teams will restructure a huge contract to get space. Unless that contract or contracts belong to players over 30 years old. No one wants to spread stupid dead money and threaten the future unless they are a true contender and the player is guaranteed game changer. Mara family have never had a player that they've been willing to mortgage the future for.

Browns. Deshaun Watson and DHop have a history with the Texans. Browns overall have gotten younger and adding DHop would cast them money and cause a hiccup in the youth movement. That and DHop could have a bad attitude influence on the younger WRs.

That leaves the Patriots who now might be able to offer a guaranteed $8M and incentives that could raise it up to $16M. One year and see what happens and it might be a cheap trigger to a less than stellar WR group.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DHop travel plans have been a bust.

He originally had a list of 13 teams that he would supposedly be visiting.

That list has been pared down to three remaining.

Giants
Browns
Patriots

Several teams have said internally that they are out of the sweepstakes. Bills and Chiefs would like him to sign but at a huge discount. $3-$5M ain't gonna cut it.

Consider this. Devin McCourty waited until yeaterday to file his official retirement paperwork with the league. By waiting he gave the Patriots $2,85M more salary cap space and spread his dead money over two years. Pats have to pay $2.5M in cap this year and $6.85 next year. Bill now has $13.89M open cap space.

Back to DHop.

Giants are looking but don't have the space to move around much. Remember, only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. Most teams will restructure a huge contract to get space. Unless that contract or contracts belong to players over 30 years old. No one wants to spread stupid dead money and threaten the future unless they are a true contender and the player is guaranteed game changer. Mara family have never had a player that they've been willing to mortgage the future for.

Browns. Deshaun Watson and DHop have a history with the Texans. Browns overall have gotten younger and adding DHop would cast them money and cause a hiccup in the youth movement. That and DHop could have a bad attitude influence on the younger WRs.

That leaves the Patriots who now might be able to offer a guaranteed $8M and incentives that could raise it up to $16M. One year and see what happens and it might be a cheap trigger to a less than stellar WR group.
I'd have to think that any incentives offered by any team would likely be NLTBE
not likely to be earned means they would not count against this years cap.
The incentives would be NLTBE because he played 15 games in last 2 years so his stats are way down.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Titans are hosting DeAndre Hopkins for a visit.​

As Pelissero notes, Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was a linebackers coach and eventually a defensive coordinator in Houston while Hopkins was with the team. Former Texans players have made a habit of joining Vrabel in Tennessee, so another reunion wouldn't be shocking. The Chiefs, Bills, Texans, and Browns have all been linked to Hopkins as well. The veteran receiver is taking his time in finding a new home after being cut by the rebuilding Cardinals in May. Coming off an impressive rebound that saw him amass 717 yards in just nine games last year, Hopkins will earn a massive target share no matter where he lands. If Tennessee is the answer, Treylon Burks' fantasy outlook would take a significant hit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Titans are hosting DeAndre Hopkins for a visit.​

As Pelissero notes, Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was a linebackers coach and eventually a defensive coordinator in Houston while Hopkins was with the team. Former Texans players have made a habit of joining Vrabel in Tennessee, so another reunion wouldn't be shocking. The Chiefs, Bills, Texans, and Browns have all been linked to Hopkins as well. The veteran receiver is taking his time in finding a new home after being cut by the rebuilding Cardinals in May. Coming off an impressive rebound that saw him amass 717 yards in just nine games last year, Hopkins will earn a massive target share no matter where he lands. If Tennessee is the answer, Treylon Burks' fantasy outlook would take a significant hit.
1686252888781.png

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Pelissaro announced that, Schefter said that DHop will never sign with New England. Of course, that's after three weeks of saying that NE was the most likely landing spot.

First he wanted to play where he could get a ring 2023-24.
Then he wanted more than the contract he had with the Cardinals
Then he wanted the same contract as OBJ.

It's beginning to look like DHop will go to where ever he can get the most money in his pocket.

I think I see Pete Carroll over there in those bushes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Pelissaro announced that, Schefter said that DHop will never sign with New England. Of course, that's after three weeks of saying that NE was the most likely landing spot.

First he wanted to play where he could get a ring 2023-24.
Then he wanted more than the contract he had with the Cardinals
Then he wanted the same contract as OBJ.

It's beginning to look like DHop will go to where ever he can get the most money in his pocket.

I think I see Pete Carroll over there in those bushes.
The most money makes sense. There is no loyalty in football, if I was a player I too would chase the money. And IMO he was never coming to NE anyway. As I said before, BB congratualated the guy and the world ran with it

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeAndre Hopkins will visit the Patriots.​

Hopkins is taking his sweet time in choosing his next team after parting ways with the Cardinals last month. The 31-year-old receiver reportedly has a "strong" chance of landing with his former QB Deshaun Watson in Cleveland. He's also been linked to the Titans, Bills, and Chiefs. In New England, Hopkins could undoubtedly continue his target-dominating ways in an offense lacking pass-catching depth. The Patriots might be his best fantasy-related landing spot based on target volume, as he would not have a dominant WR1 role in Buffalo or Kansas City.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeAndre Hopkins will visit the Patriots.​

Hopkins is taking his sweet time in choosing his next team after parting ways with the Cardinals last month. The 31-year-old receiver reportedly has a "strong" chance of landing with his former QB Deshaun Watson in Cleveland. He's also been linked to the Titans, Bills, and Chiefs. In New England, Hopkins could undoubtedly continue his target-dominating ways in an offense lacking pass-catching depth. The Patriots might be his best fantasy-related landing spot based on target volume, as he would not have a dominant WR1 role in Buffalo or Kansas City.
Lord I hope not....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord I hope not....
I'm telling you that Bill will make him an offer. I absolutely know he will for sure. I know in my gut that BB will offer him around $8M. Then DHop will call his agent and Bill will say, "Take it or leave it. You walk out that door just keep on walkin', cause the offer goes out the door with you."
My gut says that BB's offer will be way more than anyone's offered him. If Dhop actually does walk into Gillette, he will be a Patriot.

I didn't think he'd make it to Foxboro. I thought he'd sign with the Titans. If he's over being traded by BOB to the Cardinals, then he won't have a problem playing for him again. Prepare yourselves...........................................

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you that Bill will make him an offer. I absolutely know he will for sure. I know in my gut that BB will offer him around $8M. Then DHop will call his agent and Bill will say, "Take it or leave it. You walk out that door just keep on walkin', cause the offer goes out the door with you."
My gut says that BB's offer will be way more than anyone's offered him. If Dhop actually does walk into Gillette, he will be a Patriot.

I didn't think he'd make it to Foxboro. I thought he'd sign with the Titans. If he's over being traded by BOB to the Cardinals, then he won't have a problem playing for him again. Prepare yourselves...........................................
Not saying BB won't make the offer just hoping DHOP say's no.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DHop knows O'Brien well. He knows how intense he is.
DHop is a diva and has now become even more of a diva than he was at Houston.
B'OB and Diva are going to look each other in the eyes like two female cats sitting in the same room.
Love to be a fly on the wall!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first violation of the policy can warrant up to a six-game suspension without pay (the average is usually four games). The use of a masking agent is a two-game suspension. The use of steroids, stimulants, or HGH is a four-game suspension. Any attempt to manipulate a test is six games. A second violation is 10 games and a third violation can be a season-long suspension, sometimes two.