• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions, Decisions. Decisions

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Articles like these don't bother me. It's no secret we don't have a true #1 WR. Do we really need? Meh. But imagine Dhop, Ju Ju, Bourne or Parker and Gesicki plus a RB like EE who can catch out of the back field, wow teams would have nightmares game planning agains that offense.

I loved Fournette but his best days are behind him. Could likely get him during the season if Stevenson were to go down. I don't think Harris or Strong can handle that work load.

CB could be an issue but I think we're ok if Jones goes to the pokey. That D already has a lot of versatility.

The articles that chaffe me are the ones NE talking about replacing Mac Jones.

Anyway it's the slowest part of the year. Look we're still talking football so that is a good thing. Some team boards need a good dusting before someone enters them again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Cardinals and Chargers. DHop had four targets and four catches for 87 yards. The fourth catch was an amazing falling down reach back one hander that the announcers called an INT until they saw in pull it in. Murray should never have thrown it. DHop was between two defenders and the pass was completed for 4 yards, He made a beautiful catch splitting two defenders on mid-foeld cross and he picked up 40.
Say what you will, this guy would make the Patriots a huge offensive threat.

Watching this game, I'm convinced that I'd really like to see what Mac could do with him as a target.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching the 2022 Thanksgiving Minnesota game. Mac was great in this game and Matty, not so much. Mac was tearing the Vikes apart when all of a sudden, Matty must have listened to Mike Tirico up in the booth and change the whole game plan. Mac was on fire, dead nuts accurate and releasing the ball before you could even start counting. In the first half he was 13/18 for 174 yards 1 TD 0 INT.

Just like that he's handing off and not throwing. 7 months later I can see why Mac was frustrated. Bill should have been pissed at Matt, not Mac. Mac had this game in hand if BB had just let him have just a little bit of control. Bend don't break does not work on offense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote: "We have the financial flexibility to make any moves that we need to make." Robert Kraft

Dalvin Cook, "I will not break the bank for the right team. I want to be part of a winning organization."

Per Phil Perry, NBC Sports Boston. "Bill Belichick and Deandre Hopkins have spoken several times since Hopkins visit. I believe that Bill has expressed that he will give Hopkins some practice latitude. Bill may also be giving him a drop dead date so that he may make some other moves." (Paraphrased, not exact quotes)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote: "We have the financial flexibility to make any moves that we need to make." Robert Kraft

Dalvin Cook, "I will not break the bank for the right team. I want to be part of a winning organization."

Per Phil Perry, NBC Sports Boston. "Bill Belichick and Deandre Hopkins have spoken several times since Hopkins visit. I believe that Bill has expressed that he will give Hopkins some practice latitude. Bill may also be giving him a drop dead date so that he may make some other moves." (Paraphrased, not exact quotes)
Well the drop dead date makes sense if this is really what they want to do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the drop dead date makes sense if this is really what they want to do.
From everything I've heard, BB is willing to make some concessions that will allow DHop some breaks regarding practices. No one knows exactly what they might be, but the most educated guess is that he won't have to report until Week 2 of camp. He's supposedly in top shape doesn't need the calesthetic grind of the first week. That being said, BB doesn't want to be sitting on hios hands and have another team start moving around contracts and offer him fifty cents more and all o the other potential pickup having signed for pennies on a dollar elsewhere. Last thing BB wants is to be left looking like a stooge with a finger up his ass.

Cook offers a hell of a pass catching option out of the backfield and splitting time with Stevenson could keep both of them healthy and really productive.

Personally, I don't give a shit. I want to see BB sign Fluke. I think he could be the answer at LT.

Here's what is out there as of 6/27/03:

BEST AVAILABLE​

Rank

DeAndre Hopkins
WR · Age: 31
If Hopkins was released back in March, he would have been the top wide receiver available. It’s a premium and scarce position, so he’s still worth plenty even if Nuk now fits better as a supercharged second option down the field rather than viewing him as a top-five receiver in the league.
Rank

Yannick Ngakoue
Edge · Age: 28
Sacks and QB hits sell, but Ngakoue's inability to stop the run is probably why he's likely headed to his sixth team in four years.
Rank

Dalvin Cook
RB · Age: 28
Cook played through a shoulder injury in 2022, but he was still productive and can make explosive plays. Unlike most big name running backs who get cut, Cook should still have a few seasons left as a high-level starter.

Rank

Jadeveon Clowney
Edge · Age: 30
Another year, another Top 101 free agents blurb for Clowney. He gets a little lower on the list each season; the ugly ending to his time in Cleveland doesn't bode well for his value.
Rank

Dalton Risner
OG · Age: 28
Yes, he was that dude who pushed Broncos backup quarterback Brett Rypien on the sidelines on Christmas Day. He's also started 62 games at an above-average level since entering the league.
Rank

Marcus Peters
CB · Age: 30
One of those cornerbacks who just knows how to play, Peters was effective in his first season back from ACL surgery. He still looks like a starter.
Rank

Melvin Ingram
Edge · Age: 34
Every year, I rank Ingram high in this list. Then no NFL team seems to want him, and then he balls out for a while. Even if he goes off-script sometimes, the chaos is worth it.
Rank

Teddy Bridgewater
QB · Age: 30
Teddy Two Gloves had career highs in yards per attempt (8.6) and touchdown percentage (5.1%) on just 79 pass attempts for Miami, with both of his starts cut short by injury. There are more teams looking for quarterbacks than there are surefire starters in this market, so Bridgewater should have suitors.
Rank

Bryce Callahan
CB · Age: 31
Injuries threatened Callahan's career before a resurgent 2022 season with the Chargers playing the slot.
Rank

Justin Houston
It's just silly how Houston never gets old. He is like the edge version of Calais Campbell and isn't that far from having a case to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame someday.
Rank

John Johnson
S · Age: 27
The last time Johnson was a free agent, he was ranked No. 35 on this list and received a huge contract (three years, $33.75 million) from the Browns. It didn’t pan out, but his former coaches in Los Angeles (either team!) should still want to work with a true center fielder.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've heard, BB is willing to make some concessions that will allow DHop some breaks regarding practices. No one knows exactly what they might be, but the most educated guess is that he won't have to report until Week 2 of camp. He's supposedly in top shape doesn't need the calesthetic grind of the first week. That being said, BB doesn't want to be sitting on hios hands and have another team start moving around contracts and offer him fifty cents more and all o the other potential pickup having signed for pennies on a dollar elsewhere. Last thing BB wants is to be left looking like a stooge with a finger up his ass.

Cook offers a hell of a pass catching option out of the backfield and splitting time with Stevenson could keep both of them healthy and really productive.

Personally, I don't give a shit. I want to see BB sign Fluke. I think he could be the answer at LT.

Here's what is out there as of 6/27/03:

BEST AVAILABLE​

Rank

DeAndre Hopkins
WR · Age: 31
If Hopkins was released back in March, he would have been the top wide receiver available. It’s a premium and scarce position, so he’s still worth plenty even if Nuk now fits better as a supercharged second option down the field rather than viewing him as a top-five receiver in the league.
Rank

Yannick Ngakoue
Edge · Age: 28
Sacks and QB hits sell, but Ngakoue's inability to stop the run is probably why he's likely headed to his sixth team in four years.
Rank

Dalvin Cook
RB · Age: 28
Cook played through a shoulder injury in 2022, but he was still productive and can make explosive plays. Unlike most big name running backs who get cut, Cook should still have a few seasons left as a high-level starter.

Rank

Jadeveon Clowney
Edge · Age: 30
Another year, another Top 101 free agents blurb for Clowney. He gets a little lower on the list each season; the ugly ending to his time in Cleveland doesn't bode well for his value.
Rank

Dalton Risner
OG · Age: 28
Yes, he was that dude who pushed Broncos backup quarterback Brett Rypien on the sidelines on Christmas Day. He's also started 62 games at an above-average level since entering the league.
Rank

Marcus Peters
CB · Age: 30
One of those cornerbacks who just knows how to play, Peters was effective in his first season back from ACL surgery. He still looks like a starter.
Rank

Melvin Ingram
Every year, I rank Ingram high in this list. Then no NFL team seems to want him, and then he balls out for a while. Even if he goes off-script sometimes, the chaos is worth it.
Rank

Teddy Bridgewater
QB · Age: 30
Teddy Two Gloves had career highs in yards per attempt (8.6) and touchdown percentage (5.1%) on just 79 pass attempts for Miami, with both of his starts cut short by injury. There are more teams looking for quarterbacks than there are surefire starters in this market, so Bridgewater should have suitors.
Rank

Bryce Callahan
CB · Age: 31
Injuries threatened Callahan's career before a resurgent 2022 season with the Chargers playing the slot.
Rank

Justin Houston
It's just silly how Houston never gets old. He is like the edge version of Calais Campbell and isn't that far from having a case to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame someday.
Rank

John Johnson
S · Age: 27
The last time Johnson was a free agent, he was ranked No. 35 on this list and received a huge contract (three years, $33.75 million) from the Browns. It didn’t pan out, but his former coaches in Los Angeles (either team!) should still want to work with a true center fielder.
If we can only sign two, I would go with Hop and Cooks. That offense would then be a nightmare. I think a lot of three step drops and play action could keep Mac pretty clean.

Hell Kraft says they got $ go get Fluker if they think he still has it? I'm not sure he is that much of an upgrade so it would depend on what he's asking?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if BB knows something and trying to get others to do something. The Dolphins have jumped into the Cook fray with both fins and are splatting around. Noise or nuisance??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if BB knows something and trying to get others to do something. The Dolphins have jumped into the Cook fray with both fins and are splatting around. Noise or nuisance??
Oh I have zero doubt the Phins are in on this and I suspect that is where he lands. Cooks puts the Phins as the absolute team to beat in the AFCE

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't give a shit. I want to see BB sign Fluker. I think he could be the answer at LT.
Celebrate Derrick Henry GIF by Tennessee Titans

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from up Carnzo's way is that DHop and Cook should be making a decision by the end of next week.

Heard that BB has had a couple conversations with Cook. Cook was invited to visit as many as seven teams and refused them all. Apparently he's made up his mind and has an offer that he plans to take. He ain't telling anyone and his agent isn't either.

Both, one or neither could be a Patriot by July 25.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,

Nothings changed
Exactly.

Media is a bored as we are. They get paid to keep things in the news and they have nothing else to talk about with the Patriots.

It's equally boring hearing them go from DHop/Cook to Damian Lillard to Don Sweeney and they don't even bother with the Red Sox. Then again, the trade deadline will be here in a few weeks.

So we can shutdown the forum until camp starts or continue to piss and moan at each other for reposting what we know to keep things alive or at least on life support.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Media is a bored as we are. They get paid to keep things in the news and they have nothing else to talk about with the Patriots.

It's equally boring hearing them go from DHop/Cook to Damian Lillard to Don Sweeney and they don't even bother with the Red Sox. Then again, the trade deadline will be here in a few weeks.

So we can shutdown the forum until camp starts or continue to piss and moan at each other for reposting what we know to keep things alive or at least on life support.
Let's piss and moan!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decisions are clear, keep on being mediocre or rise to level of good team. Apply what has worked with a few tweaks to update stuff.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all but done on D Hop. If he signs…. Fine. If not fine. It’s been too drawn out now.
Yes way to dramatic. If we cannot win without him so be it. I feel we are a lot better off this year than we were last. And I would rather use the cap space to address a DB...