• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions, Decisions. Decisions

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way early, the 2022 season is only 2/3 complete.

The Patriots have five games remaining, but Bill has some decisions that he has start considering now.

Offensive Tackle. No question that Isaiah Wynn will not be resigned, especially at $11M a year. Trent Brown on the other hand has one year left at $6.5M and will have $1.25M of Dead Cap if he's released.

Does Bill act now and try to resign Jacobi Myers, Johnathan Jones, Damien Harris, Mack Wilson and Devin McCourty?

Here's a list of the Guys who will be free agents in 2023.

We all have our likes and dislikes, but maybe it's time to keep getting younger and break away from the past.

Slater will be 38, McCourty 36, Cody Davis 34, Cannon 35, Carl Davis 31 to name a few guys who will be or are already in their 30s.

The past couple of drafts have been very good and have produced starters on both sides of the ball.

I won't get into the 2023 NFL Draft. That's another subject altogether.

There are twenty FA. My keepers:

J. Meyers
J. Jones
J. Peppers
J. Cardona
M. Bryant
M. Wilson

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have five games remaining, but Bill has some decisions that he has start considering now.

Offensive Tackle. No question that Isaiah Wynn will not be resigned, especially at $11M a year. Trent Brown on the other hand has one year left at $6.5M and will have $1.25M of Dead Cap if he's released.

Does Bill act now and try to resign Jacobi Myers, Johnathan Jones, Damien Harris, Mack Wilson and Devin McCourty?

We all have our likes and dislikes, but maybe it's time to keep getting younger and break away from the past.

Slater will be 38, McCourty 36, Cody Davis 34, Cannon 35, Carl Davis 31 to name a few guys who will be or are already in their 30s.

The past couple of drafts have been very good and have produced starters on both sides of the ball.

J. Meyers
J. Jones
J. Peppers
J. Cardona
M. Bryant
M. Wilson
I can agree with that.
McCourty will always be a fan favorite and a great locker room mentor, but while he seems to always be involved in plays downfield, he is definitely not a hard hitter anymore.
Slater still has the speed and still brings the heat to special teams though, and again, locker room mentor.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

J. Meyers
J. Jones
J. Peppers
J. Cardona
M. Bryant
M. Wilson
I can agree with this and the order less Peppers, I like the idea of keeping Harris if possible

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Jones is the only one.
Meyers.... maybe. But he's no more than a #2. If the price is right.. sure.
D. Harris...same as Meyers.

The rest are nothing that can't be easily replaced.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point don't re sign anyone and start from scratch.

He probably will keep Slater because we know BB truly only cares about Special Teams

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Jones is the only one.
D. Harris...same as Meyers.

The rest are nothing that can't be easily replaced.
I'd add Cardona, I've never seen him miss a snap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing is that every FA for 2023 is already known and Sprtrac and Every other NFL following group has them listed and is trying to put together a "Best Fit" for players and teams that will get published in February, three days after the Super Bowl.

Can't contact the player but you know that agents are already working the phones, especially for guys they want to sell who are on the bottom feeders and are not getting any air time.

BB knows that his O-Line is in shambles and that he has to do something in free agency as well as the draft. If he doesn't, 2023 will be a shitstorm.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing is that every FA for 2023 is already known and Sprtrac and Every other NFL following group has them listed and is trying to put together a "Best Fit" for players and teams that will get published in February, three days after the Super Bowl.

Can't contact the player but you know that agents are already working the phones, especially for guys they want to sell who are on the bottom feeders and are not getting any air time.

BB knows that his O-Line is in shambles and that he has to do something in free agency as well as the draft. If he doesn't, 2023 will be a shitstorm.

Knowing there is an issue and actually addressing it and fixing it correctly is completely different. It's just sad that this OL was so much better when Scarnecchia was there and went to sh&t as soon as he left

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Posted this in another thread.

Quenton Nelson and Orlando Brown are both FA in 2023 an OT an a OG I would be looking at both of them

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not big. He's not fast. He's not even quick or athletic.

He's smart.

And he has twice as many targets/receptions as the next best on the team, which is made up of successful high paid recruits that actually played WR their entire HS/College career.

Damn right I'd keep him.

And he holds onto the ball...Nelson...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing there is an issue and actually addressing it and fixing it correctly is completely different. It's just sad that this OL was so much better when Scarnecchia was there and went to sh&t as soon as he left
Well...Scar left then Thuney left, then Bill let Mason go...

It's not all the same guys, but yeah.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quenton Nelson and Orlando Brown are both FA in 2023 an OT an a OG I would be looking at both of them
But we ain't BB and he rarely listens to anyone but himself.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not big. He's not fast. He's not even quick or athletic.

He's smart.

And he has twice as many targets/receptions as the next best on the team, which is made up of successful high paid recruits that actually played WR their entire HS/College career.

Damn right I'd keep him.

And he holds onto the ball...Nelson...

He is without a doubt the best we have at WR. Which is kind of sad actually. I can see another team overpay for him too.
Screenshot_20221205_133733.jpg

Those aren't great numbers at all. Good/solid. But nothing more than a #2 WR. Like i said... if the $ is right... Definitely.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is without a doubt the best we have at WR. Which is kind of sad actually. I can see another team overpay for him too.
View attachment 315853

Those aren't great numbers at all. Good/solid. But nothing more than a #2 WR. Like i said... if the $ is right... Definitely.
He is a #2 and playing our #1 by default. We need a #1 also. I don't believe that Jakobi is going to be priced out of keeping.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 315853

My point, if we had a true #1, Meyers numbers would go up as well.