• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadline Defensemen to Target

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we'll probably be chasing someone at the deadline. Anyone have any interesting options they think are good choices.

- I believe that we'll definitely need a defenseman over a forward at this point. We're already extremely crowded up front as is, with two top 6 caliber forwards returning in the near future.

- Tallinder is still going to be out for another 6 weeks and we'll need some extra insurance. Salvador missed all of last season, and Atrain plays a style that can get him banged up pretty badly. On top of that Fayne can be inconsistent, and sometimes Foster is a train wreck on d. That's a bit over-dramatic, BUT Lou loves adding his depth defensemen.

Lots of options are starting to disappear:

-Gleason, Car
-Suter, NAS

Already resigned or are not likely to be traded.

Are there even interesting options out that that are definitively better than the options we already have at 6,7,8?

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing me some Tallinder more and more....

seen a lot of holes in our defense as of late.... didn't see that before with Tallinder...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall Gill would be a superb pickup...Habs will most likely try to trade everyone expect Pacioretty , Subban and Plekanec.

Also wouldnt mind looking to the Islanders , maybe Steve Staios.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subban would be awesome, i'd take him.. some growing boom, he can be a force.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hal Gill is an interesting one for sure and I woulda loved Gleason before he signed... I think Lou might go in the direction of Vish in ANA or MA Bergeron in TB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vish and Bergeron would've been great pickups had we not already traded for Foster. Im not saying they cant be had but IMO we need more D then O on the blue line at this point.

And both of those guys would probably cost mucchhhh more then what we gave up for Foster. That trade is looking like a complete steal at this point.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind another puck moving dman just to get Kovy off of the point he still looks uncomfortable there... here is another name to chew on Spacek out of Carolina he could be had for next to nothing I would imagine

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No just a run of the mill defensive d would be fine. Powerplay is what it is at this point have to leave it alone. But get a solid d is a must.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just looking at the standings, here are the notables on each team that's pretty much out of it:

Anaheim: No one
Carolina: Spacek, Allen
Montreal: Gill, Campoli
Buffalo: No one
Islanders: Staois, Jurcina, Eaton, Mottau
Lightning: Clark, Gervais, Gilroy, Kubina
Edmonton: Sutton
COlumbus: Martinek, Lebda

Note: I only included pending UFAs since adding salary is the worst possible move considering our priorities this off season.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add one...... anaheim : visnovsky

His name floated around last year it will this year, and given the standing he might very well be a real option.
Lou and the ducks seem to get along quite well. If we could get lubo vis we could be a real threat

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a really interesting option:

Nikita Nikitin. Very few of us have probably heard of him until now.

Here's some interesting stats on this guy.

- He's 6'3'' 215
- He was traded from STL to CBJ already this season in a pretty minor deal, so he should be available.
- He's an RFA, but he's already 25 (This is his 2nd season in the NHL)
- He's got 18 points in 31 games with CBJ since being traded including 5 on the PP.
- He plays almost 24.5 m/night in CBJ
- He's currently injured but should be healthy in 1 to 2 weeks.
- BEST STAT***
==== He plays for the worst team in the league BY FAR, however, he's only a -7, AND THE BEST PART, he does that while drawing the 14th hardest competition in the NHL. He's playing tougher minutes than guys like Weber, Suter, and many more. Even better, his RelCorsi is +9.8 which is really, really good when you're drawing the quality player he is.

He also gets the fewest offensive zone starts of all the CBJ defensemen but has the second highest offensive finishes. Meaning, he's being called on whenever the CBJ need defense and usually he helps them get the puck going the other way.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

His name floated around last year it will this year, and given the standing he might very well be a real option.
Lou and the ducks seem to get along quite well. If we could get lubo vis we could be a real threat

Vis is pretty sick, BUT, he's kind of small, been hurt this year, and he's got another year at 5.6M. Granted, I don't have the Devils accountant on speed dial, but that spells Good bye Parise to me.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vis is pretty sick, BUT, he's kind of small, been hurt this year, and he's got another year at 5.6M. Granted, I don't have the Devils accountant on speed dial, but that spells Good bye Parise to me.

Depends... if Marty comes back for around 2 mil (sounds appropriate) and foster and sykie or poni are let go, you're taken care of in that alone

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, but somebody has to replace those three guys. I have no clue how much they're going to pay Marty, other than I know it will be way above market.