• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case Keenum has St. Louis Rams' backup quarterback job 'locked up' - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

Most of you all know I like Davis and think he has potential. I think he is getting the short end of the stick here.

34 passes for Keenum vs 5 for Davis? Even Mannion has played more. What opportunity have the Rams given Davis to show he has progressed or even regressed?

I've previously showed both players starter stats and they are practically identical. So, why has Keenum been given all the opportunity and Davis on the verge of being cut? Can anyone honestly say Davis wouldn't have played just as well as Keenum?

Sorry, just frustrated.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks, seems like Davis has been more of a better player then Keenum. Certainly more accurate, and he wasn't throwing to Andre Johnson like Keenum was.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Angel....its hard to prove his worth if he doesn't get the snaps(Davis). I liked his play last year, I believe in time he will be good. Our luck we will dump him and he will go to another team and flourish. Hopefully he will go to the practice squad but highly doubtful.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case Keenum has St. Louis Rams' backup quarterback job 'locked up' - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

Most of you all know I like Davis and think he has potential. I think he is getting the short end of the stick here.

34 passes for Keenum vs 5 for Davis? Even Mannion has played more. What opportunity have the Rams given Davis to show he has progressed or even regressed?

I've previously showed both players starter stats and they are practically identical. So, why has Keenum been given all the
opportunity and Davis on the verge of being cut? Can anyone honestly say Davis wouldn't have played just as well as Keenum?

Sorry, just frustrated.

And we all know I liked Davis better than Sammy! A lot of people on here didn't see how well Davis played, he was 3-6 as a starter and would have been 5-4 if the defense hadn't played poorly in 2 of those games, and possibly even 6-3 with a little help from the defense!he played well enough in the Phil, Dal, and Sf games to win all of those! He didn't dink and dunk as much as Sammie and still completed 63% of his passes, thats alot better than Sammie ever did, and better than Keenums numbers, and as Eye of the Snake said Case was throwing to A. Johnson, and had a good running game with Foster!

We lost to SF 31-17, but people forget that the D gave up an 80 yard TD pass like on the last play of the first half and that put Davis in a bad situation to make something happen late in the game! 21-0 lead against Dallas, you have to blame the D for that loss!

Keenum was 0-8 the season he actually got a chance as starter, I will admit he played well enough in some of those games that they should have and could have won, but he had Johnson, and I'm not sure but I think Hopkins was also there, along with Foster!

Not that Davis is much bigger than Keenum, but I'm not thrilled with Keenums 6'1" height.

Bottomline, if Foles gets hurt and Keenum has to play, I hope he lights it up! But I too think Davis is getting the shaft! Obviously something happened that we don't know about!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody likes Keenum over Davis. The situational evidence seems to point in that direction. Keenum was on our PC but since they gave up a 7th rounder to get him, we would look pretty stupid placing him back on the PC after doing that.

SO, the evidence against Davis appears to be more about football politics and little to do with football acumen and playing performance. Davis is a tad bigger and has a better arm but somebody in the FO has to save face and it will ultimately fall at the feet of Snisher.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody likes Keenum over Davis. The situational evidence seems to point in that direction. Keenum was on our PC but since they gave up a 7th rounder to get him, we would look pretty stupid placing him back on the PC after doing that.

SO, the evidence against Davis appears to be more about football politics and little to do with football acumen and playing performance. Davis is a tad bigger and has a better arm but somebody in the FO has to save face and it will ultimately fall at the feet of Snisher.

This^^^^

It's obvious someone doesn't care for Davis and I think it's Fisher. I hope he goes somewhere and flourishes. He's a hard worker and a really good guy. He deserves a true shot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either is destined to be the 3rd QB or PS material after this season anyway. Mannion was drafted to eventually be the #2 at least.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's eligible for the practice squad.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either is destined to be the 3rd QB or PS material after this season anyway. Mannion was drafted to eventually be the #2 at least.

I think that's the problem though? I think he will always be a number 2 at best, and we already have 2 of those types of guys. We need to draft a guy that will eventually be a number one, I don't see Mannion being that guy?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't doubt it at all. Fisher doesn't like Davis because he's a good kid and has discipline. :gaah:

I'm sure the 300 yard games last year will impress someone. Watch out for houston or New Orleans.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, halfway through the season we'll probably trade to get him back(not because of injuries, but because we're the Rams). :D :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we will manage to lose more draft picks to get him back because there aren't that many good players in next year's draft. How many times have we heard that in the past.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't doubt it at all. Fisher doesn't like Davis because he's a good kid and has discipline. :gaah:

I'm sure the 300 yard games last year will impress someone. Watch out for houston or New Orleans.

SJ

how crazy would it be if Houston did take him?

we will have traded a 7th rounder for a QB we had on our PS last season and they snag Davis for nothing ( who may be better than Keenum ). that would be frustrating.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ

how crazy would it be if Houston did take him?

we will have traded a 7th rounder for a QB we had on our PS last season and they snag Davis for nothing ( who may be better than Keenum ). that would be frustrating.

Didn't think about that. Yeah that's funny. Kinda

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we'd just give another 6th or 5th rounder to get him back next year ALR.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is done. 0fer for the preseason and Seattle comes to town in just 10 days. I am out.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand the Keenum love.

If Foles goes down, this team will be worse with Keenum at the helm than Davis.

Just my:2cents:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand the Keenum love.

If Foles goes down, this team will be worse with Keenum at the helm than Davis.

Just my:2cents:

Add mine and that's 4 cents worth of common"cents"

I don't get it either?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, Fisher knows more than me or I would be standing on the sidelines running the team instead of him.

He either has a bias against Davis ( which would explain why he didn't let Davis play out the season last year ), or Davis looks worse in practice than Tim Tebow. Cause he looked pretty solid and promising last season and now he has Keenum and Mannion leapfrogging him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add mine and that's 4 cents worth of common"cents"

I don't get it either?

Unfortunately Smed, our 4 cents doesn't buy diddly squat.

If certainly doesn't buy Davis a fair shake on Fisher's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.