• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davante to Vegas

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with the trade. Adams got what he wanted, Packers got the necessary ammo to make moves to still make the super bowl. They're keeping Rasul Douglass so they'll have (probably) the best secondary in the league. They can trade for pretty much any WR they want since they have 11 picks with two 1sts and 2nds. Like does Seattle say no if GB wants DK Metcalf for the right price?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a dogfight. 3 teams can make the playoffs from the West.
Its definitely possible. The issue with that might be that the AFC West plays the NFC West, too. Other AFC teams will have easier paths to the playoffs. That number could be 1 just as easily as it could be 3.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers failed the last 2 years with Adams and really nobody else. Do you want to try that and pay Adams big money and have the same thing happen 3 years in a row. Now they have 4 nice pics in the first 2 rounds and money to get decent free agent wide receivers so there is more than just 1 great guy. Rodgers makes receivers. Adams will not be as good in Vegas and Rodgers will be able to make those that the Packers get better than they were before. The receivers are the easiest position to replace and this years draft has many good ones

There are rumors on Landry

Boy is that a cop out for your GM.

Your GM has done a horrible job of surrounding Rodgers with targets. Every year for the last 4 or 5 years you look at Packer offseason needs and WR was always listed at the top of the needs by everyone other than your GM.

Hell half the reason that the Packers dont have a better WR corp is because he drafted a bunch of "his guys" in 2018 late in the draft and didnt want to move on from any of them hoping that they would eventually develop into quality players. And all they did was plug up roster spots that would have been used on better options.

Your GM/team is GREAT at most things. But WR has not been one of them. It sounded like it was the main reason that Rodgers has such an issue with the franchise last offseason.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB Better take a WR maybe 2 in the 1st rd. If not AR might go Rambo on the front office.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers offered more cash but the allure of playing with his former college teammate and good friend meant more.

:clap:

Add in....... Better stadium. Warmer weather

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your GM has done a horrible job of surrounding Rodgers with targets. Every year for the last 4 or 5 years you look at Packer offseason needs and WR was always listed at the top of the needs by everyone other than your GM.

Hell half the reason that the Packers dont have a better WR corp is because he draft a bunch of "his guys" in 2018 late in the draft and didnt want to move on from any of them hoping that they would eventually develop into quality players. And all they did was plug up roster spots that would have been used on better options.

Your GM/team is GREAT at most things. But WR has not been one of them. It sounded like it was the main reason that Rodgers has such an issue with the franchise last offseason.
A very Minnesota take on the Packers' situation

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been under the assumption that teams can find good WRs after rd1. Last year with 4 top tier WRs prospects (if you count Pitts) is the exception.

What is hard to find after rd1 is Edge Rushers, QBs, and Left Tackles.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been under the assumption that teams can find good WRs after rd1. Last year with 4 top tier WRs prospects (if you count Pitts) is the exception.

What is hard to find after rd1 is Edge Rushers, QBs, and Left Tackles.

Agreed. Packer nation is gonna have an aneurysm when GB drafts an edge guy in the 1st because fans like fantasy football guys. But they've gotten Kenny Clark, Rashan Gary, Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Darnell Savage in the first recently, and supplemented them with excellent FA pick ups...that's a pretty damn good track record on defense and I would be very happy if they did it again.

They haven't had as great a success on offense aside from O line....so for that reason alone I'd like to see them trade for a proven guy. I'll bust a nut to the ceiling if they trade for a good veteran WR for say a 2nd and 4th (they have 2 of each of those) and then use their two firsts on edge and DT. Then use the 2nd they have left on a WR.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its definitely possible. The issue with that might be that the AFC West plays the NFC West, too. Other AFC teams will have easier paths to the playoffs. That number could be 1 just as easily as it could be 3.

Yep, just as likely those teams beat each other up and all finish around .500 for division records, hurting those playoff chances.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Packer nation is gonna have an aneurysm when GB drafts an edge guy in the 1st because fans like fantasy football guys. But they've gotten Kenny Clark, Rashan Gary, Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes and Darnell Savage in the first recently, and supplemented them with excellent FA pick ups...that's a pretty damn good track record on defense and I would be very happy if they did it again.

They haven't had as great a success on offense aside from O line....so for that reason alone I'd like to see them trade for a proven guy. I'll bust a nut to the ceiling if they trade for a good veteran WR for say a 2nd and 4th (they have 2 of each of those) and then use their two firsts on edge and DT. Then use the 2nd they have left on a WR.

Teams have been calling the Rams for Robert Woods, not that I want to see him go....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have been calling the Rams for Robert Woods, not that I want to see him go....

Teams might be calling and asking but I doubt Snead is seriously listening. Woods is just too good of a #2 despite the Rams winning without him last season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams might be calling and asking but I doubt Snead is seriously listening. Woods is just too good of a #2 despite the Rams winning without him last season.

Sure, but something has to give at this point. Maybe the Rams back out of retaining OBJ. Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods, OBJ; someone has to be the #4 that's not getting reps (plus Jefferson is in the mix along with the rookies Skowronek and Atwell). TE Higbie and RB Akers will be on the field more often than not.

Redirecting any money slated for OBJ to Za'Darius, Wagner or Gilmore makes more sense than overstacking the WR corps.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but something has to give at this point. Maybe the Rams back out of retaining OBJ. Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods, OBJ; someone has to be the #4 that's not getting reps (plus Jefferson is in the mix along with the rookies Skowronek and Atwell). TE Higbie and RB Akers will be on the field more often than not.

Redirecting any money slated for OBJ to Za'Darius, Wagner or Gilmore makes more sense than overstacking the WR corps.
Hands off.....the Raiders want Gilmore.....y'all have Ramsey.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't really see any point in trying to re-sign OBJ. He likely won't be rehabbed and ready until Thanksgiving. I agree that the Rams should concentrate on other needs. Not sure if Wagner fits into their plan either.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't imagine any team giving up much of anything for the rights to pay $13.5M to a 30 year old WR who is only 5 months removed from ACL surgery.....

....but hell if I know after the Kirk contract what the hell is value is at WR's these days.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell half the reason that the Packers dont have a better WR corp is because he drafted a bunch of "his guys" in 2018 late in the draft and didnt want to move on from any of them hoping that they would eventually develop into quality players. And all they did was plug up roster spots that would have been used on better options.

If you have the highest paid QB and the highest paid receiver how do you surround with others that can help?

With now having money and signing free agents and with like 13 total draft picks they can trade up to get the top receiver that they want. They will be a better team without Adams

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be a better team without Adams
Considering they haven't lost a game that Adams has missed in his career I agree. They will be much better off as it forces Rodgers to look at all his options instead of feeding 1 dude

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they haven't lost a game that Adams has missed in his career I agree. They will be much better off as it forces Rodgers to look at all his options instead of feeding 1 dude

Mostly right...
2019-2020 Packers went 6-0 when Adams missed games
2017-2018 Packers went 0-3 when Adams missed games, but Rodgers missed those same games :D
Prior to that still had Nelson and Cobb at minimum, Adams was not yet the #1 on team yet.

Agree will force Rodgers to look elsewhere, but still teams had to game plan vs Adams which also helps others on the field. No WR/TE target on team opponents need to game plan against presently.

This is a big loss of talent on field, but honestly... at $28.5M per year I am happy Packers found a trade partner as well. That is ridiculous money IMO for WR turning 30 this year over 5 years.