• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darren McFadden

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just trade him already? He's the oldest of the bunch and they say he doesn't fit the scheme. Why lose out on a younger back or other roster spot when we have zeke and Morris and Dunbar and Jackson and the two fb or another roster spot cut short. Sometimes you just have to let go, and he can actually net us a little something.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McFadden stays unless somebody offers a sure starter on defense via trade.
The guy is cheap and an injury away from having huge value

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...

I would hate to lose a young cheap backup with some promise like Darious Jackson in order to keep McFadden, who isn't here past this year anyway. I would get whatever I could for him now, as McFadden isn't likely a big contributor on this team, except in the case of injury. And even then, McFadden is still 3rd in line it seems.

McFadden can be traded for something (anything), or we can get little to no production out of him and let him walk at the end of the year. Seems a clear choice to me when considering the amount of RB depth we have.

Trade McFadden! It will be extremely short sighted to keep him and lose a young guy like Jackson in the process. JMHO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden can be traded. Jackson brings speed and youth and can play special teams. Anthony brown also can stay. Wilcox can be released asap. It looks to me like the 1 and 2 are locked up. They also fit the blocking scheme better than mcfadden.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden can be traded. Jackson brings speed and youth and can play special teams. Anthony brown also can stay. Wilcox can be released asap. It looks to me like the 1 and 2 are locked up. They also fit the blocking scheme better than mcfadden.
No one's arguing if he can or can't be traded, just that the trade should only be made if it brings in value. Starting Safety would be nice

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...

I would hate to lose a young cheap backup with some promise like Darious Jackson in order to keep McFadden, who isn't here past this year anyway. I would get whatever I could for him now, as McFadden isn't likely a big contributor on this team, except in the case of injury. And even then, McFadden is still 3rd in line it seems.

McFadden can be traded for something (anything), or we can get little to no production out of him and let him walk at the end of the year. Seems a clear choice to me when considering the amount of RB depth we have.

Trade McFadden! It will be extremely short sighted to keep him and lose a young guy like Jackson in the process. JMHO

Agree.

McFadden won't be on the 53 IMO. Probably use the injury to our advantage and stash him and keep all 5, but otherwise we likely trade him. I just don't see anyway we keep him over any of the other 4. They could all have a future here, he doesn't and he doesn't play STs. Someone could make us look real bad in a trade, but it's a numbers game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams know the Cowboys RB situation and aren't likely to give up a starting player for a player that is likely 3rd on Dallas depth chart. Not saying a team with a need at RB wouldn't be willing to part with a solid player but not likely a starter. Depth at RB is good but we need depth at QB and on defense. I would be happy keeping Zeke, Morris and Jackson and picking up a 3rd or 4th rd pick for DMac

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what kind of value he will bring though. He played behind the best line in football (2nd most yards before contact in the league). The 3 years before that he consistently was the worst back on the team out of guys who weren't exactly great players. Has a bit of an injury history, and is old (for the position, one of about 20 guys his age or older).

Figure Reggie Bush went to Miami for a UDFA special teams safety and swapping 6th round picks. Seems like every year there's a slew of top 20 RB's out there for free in free agency so why give up picks for one... Ronnie Hillman is getting released, 870 yards and 7 TD's last year, didn't look bad in camp, younger... Why give up big picks if that comes for less money too?

RB is a position where there's really high value, and next to no value. Not much middle ground there anymore. If you aren't elite and at that age, teams would rather go with the unproven youth instead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams know the Cowboys RB situation and aren't likely to give up a starting player for a player that is likely 3rd on Dallas depth chart. Not saying a team with a need at RB wouldn't be willing to part with a solid player but not likely a starter. Depth at RB is good but we need depth at QB and on defense. I would be happy keeping Zeke, Morris and Jackson and picking up a 3rd or 4th rd pick for DMac
I don't think anyone expects us to get a starter back. He is good and cheap, but also old, fragile and a free agent after this year. He probably won't even be ready to play for a few weeks. For us all we need is a player that will make a bigger impact for our team and any rotation guy would be a good deal for us IMO or a backup at a position we aren't as deep as RB, which pretty much is every position. From the other teams point of view you are giving something up to make sure you get him. So they don't necessarily worry he is third (or 4th or 5th) on the Dallas depth chart, you look at where he would be on your depth chart. I think Washington and some other teams would be a good landing spot for him and I think he can still put up good numbers in this league if given the opportunity.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what kind of value he will bring though. He played behind the best line in football (2nd most yards before contact in the league). The 3 years before that he consistently was the worst back on the team out of guys who weren't exactly great players. Has a bit of an injury history, and is old (for the position, one of about 20 guys his age or older).

Figure Reggie Bush went to Miami for a UDFA special teams safety and swapping 6th round picks. Seems like every year there's a slew of top 20 RB's out there for free in free agency so why give up picks for one... Ronnie Hillman is getting released, 870 yards and 7 TD's last year, didn't look bad in camp, younger... Why give up big picks if that comes for less money too?

RB is a position where there's really high value, and next to no value. Not much middle ground there anymore. If you aren't elite and at that age, teams would rather go with the unproven youth instead.
And if he started 16 games instead of 10 he would probably be first in yards before contact. That isn't just because of the OL it's also because he is a straight ahead runner with speed. I remember someone pulling that stat with Murray and they ignored he was also first after contact. Personally I don't expect more than a 5th or 6th for McFadden but that is better than nothing if he's cut. Don't forget he is cheap too. Contracts play a huge role in trades. And Hillman sucks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams needing a RB/OG who have a very good safety/DL they need to cut due to numbers needs to be on the phone. McFadden is more valuable as insurance than a guy who fills out the bottom of th e roster.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about just keeping him, you lose a player if you do. He's a luxury. Is keeping him and potentially losing Jackson worth it? Or do you keep Jackson(other) and gain a draft pick or player.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone expects us to get a starter back. He is good and cheap, but also old, fragile and a free agent after this year. He probably won't even be ready to play for a few weeks. For us all we need is a player that will make a bigger impact for our team and any rotation guy would be a good deal for us IMO or a backup at a position we aren't as deep as RB, which pretty much is every position. From the other teams point of view you are giving something up to make sure you get him. So they don't necessarily worry he is third (or 4th or 5th) on the Dallas depth chart, you look at where he would be on your depth chart. I think Washington and some other teams would be a good landing spot for him and I think he can still put up good numbers in this league if given the opportunity.

Thought I saw someone posting we should trade him for a starting S, not gonna go back and look for the post but I doubt that would be an option. Even given his value to another team, I don't think he nets you a starting S, but I guess it COULD happen if there is a team w need at RB with lots of depth at S. Just not likely

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw someone posting we should trade him for a starting S, not gonna go back and look for the post but I doubt that would be an option. Even given his value to another team, I don't think he nets you a starting S, but I guess it COULD happen if there is a team w need at RB with lots of depth at S. Just not likely
that would be me
actually I said I don't see us trading him unless it was for a starter on defense.
But that's just me. I know what McFadden is and he plays a position we plan on emphasizing this season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about just keeping him, you lose a player if you do. He's a luxury. Is keeping him and potentially losing Jackson worth it? Or do you keep Jackson(other) and gain a draft pick or player.
so... You know full well what Jackson is after 4 games and what you've read?

Rookie QB say's a whole lotta 3 wides, witten with a single back to me. One injury and Jackson splits carries? Maybe, but I haven't seen enough to feel good about all that

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be me
actually I said I don't see us trading him unless it was for a starter on defense.
But that's just me. I know what McFadden is and he plays a position we plan on emphasizing this season.

Clearly you want the most value you can get for him and if thats a starting defensive player, I would do that quick like. Given our depth at the position and if Jackson and Dunbar are looking likely to contribute if there is an injury, it could be an option. I just think if you can get max value, it might make the most sense given he's probably gone next year anyway

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible and there are a few spots a guy could start for us that wouldn't necessarily be thought of as a "starter" by most teams. DE for the first 4 games and safety with an injury to Jones or Church would be two spots. Maybe even LB. one mans trash is another mans treasure