• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darren McFadden

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible and there are a few spots a guy could start for us that wouldn't necessarily be thought of as a "starter" by most teams. DE for the first 4 games and safety with an injury to Jones or Church would be two spots. Maybe even LB. one mans trash is another mans treasure

Yeah I considered that after factoring in our defensive starters at the spots you speak of. That changes my perspective somewhat for certain on acquiring a starter, but still not sure other teams wouldn't value their guy more than DMac. Just has to be the right team and scenario I guess, if anything did transpire. Hypotheticals are what makes these boards interesting

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we could be lucky as the Eagles.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tought about the same thing. Where's our Vikings?
They keep getting bailed out by teams after what had appeared to be stupid moves such as signing Maxwell and bradford+Daniels. Give up your first round pick for 2017 after getting your franchise QB and then get your first round pick back. Wow!!!

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so... You know full well what Jackson is after 4 games and what you've read?

Rookie QB say's a whole lotta 3 wides, witten with a single back to me. One injury and Jackson splits carries? Maybe, but I haven't seen enough to feel good about all that
If zeke/Morris got hurt then it would still be a trio of zeke/Morris and Dunbar and Jackson. I'd take that and a pick/player at another position than just keeping McFadden. Which all seems to be a moot point anyways since McFadden can't even straighten his arm still... All over supposedly trying to catch his new phone...

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tend to hold on to players more often than not, we should have taken a pick in the draft or after when we had the chance.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If zeke/Morris got hurt then it would still be a trio of zeke/Morris and Dunbar and Jackson. I'd take that and a pick/player at another position than just keeping McFadden. Which all seems to be a moot point anyways since McFadden can't even straighten his arm still... All over supposedly trying to catch his new phone...
opinions tend to vary. I think McFadden has more value as we sit here today than Dunbar

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As
opinions tend to vary. I think McFadden has more value as we sit here today than Dunbar
As we sit here today...McFadden is out six weeks and Dunbar is playing. Who has more value??

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden is still tradable Dunbar not so much

Dunbar will not be on the team next year nor will McFadden but we might get something for McFadden

JMHO

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren McFadden on possible trade: will 'be ready regardless'

Dallas Newsletter

Ask not for whom the Dallas Cowboys bell tolls, it could toll soon for running back Darren McFadden.

The veteran has been on the NFI (Non-Football Injury) List since breaking his elbow at some point during Memorial Day Weekend, and hasn't seen the field since. He could have been removed from the List last week, but the team made no such move during their bye.

The Cowboys will only have a couple more weeks before being forced to decide if they'll activate the 1,089-yard rusher from 2015, and another three weeks to determine if they'll place him on their 53-man roster should they go forth with the former.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

What looms much larger currently is the NFL trade deadline of Nov. 1, which could see the team made a call on him in as little as the next few days.

McFadden proclaimed just ahead of the bye week he is fully healthy and ready to play some impact ball for the Cowboys, but with rookie sensation Ezekiel Elliott and backup Alfred Morris atop the depth chart it begs the question of exactly where the 29-year-old rusher fits.

Especially with Lance Dunbar now returning to practice on Monday and rookie Darius Jackson wading water by the shore.

It's possible the Cowboys pull the trigger on a trade to move McFadden from their embarrassingly wealthy backfield, while landing them assets in the process. If this were to occur, however, McFadden says he'll be just as ready to deliver for someone else.

But he'd admittedly love to stay put in the Metroplex.

“No, I can’t say that,” McFadden said, via Drew Davison of Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I love it here. I’ve pretty much made this my home, so I love being here. I just want to be out there contributing and playing. It’s just the way it played out right now. We’ve got good backs. They’ve been doing a hell of a job running the ball. Right now, it’s just a waiting game for me. It’s something I don’t really pay attention to. Right now, whatever happens man, I’m going to be ready regardless. Whether they decide to bring me up and play me here, or if I get traded or whatever, I’m going to be ready to play."

There are certainly teams who could use the services of an immediate NFL starter hot off of a 1,000-yard campaign, most notably the Green Bay Packers.

Seahawks vs Cardinals ends in tie after back-to-back missed FG'sSTART SLIDESHOW

McFadden will know his trade fate shortly and if he remains on the team after Nov. 1, that should make someone like Dunbar very nervous.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren McFadden, RB, Dallas Cowboys

Potential landing spot: Detroit Lions

Trade compensation: 2017 conditional sixth-round pick

McFadden is eligible to come off the non-football injury list he has been on since the start of the regular season because of an offseason mishap that damaged his elbow. He recently declared himself healthy.

McFadden is a luxury for the Cowboys because Ezekiel Elliott, the No. 4 overall pick in the last draft, is leading the NFL in rushing. Alfred Morris has done a nice job relieving Elliott.

darren-mcfadden-iphone-broken-elbow.jpg

Darren McFadden is collecting dust in Dallas. USATSI
Detroit's lead running back, Ameer Abdullah, is out for season with a foot injury. Theo Riddick, the NFL's best third-down back, is dealing with an ankle problem. McFadden, who was fourth in the NFL last year with 1,089 rushing yards, would give Detroit another option to pair with recent Baltimore Ravenscastoff Justin Forsett. Producing at a pace after the trade that would result in 1,000 rushing yards over a full 16-game season would elevate the Cowboys' pick to the fifth round.

I might rather have the depth than a 6th round pick?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McFadden and think he showed he can still play last year. But, I don't think there is any need for him on this particular team unless we get two injuries or he starts to show something on special teams or if we cut one of the other RBs which I would not do. So unlike Leary I see little reason to keep him as a backup or to use up a valuable roster spot. Whatever we get is fine with me, but I would think more than a conditional 6th rounder would be in order. Good luck to him. He made a bad season for us last year a little less...bad:2cents:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have the insurance as well if all we get is a conditional 6th. Seems like some teams like SEA, Minny, Detroit, and GB would be calling with some offers for him. I'm not swinging for the fences here, but seems like DMac should be able to command at least a 5th that escalates to a 4th if he plays a certain amount of snaps/games.

But if it is just a "6th rounder at best" then I hang up and keep him. He's not that expensive and good to have all of that depth.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden definitely looked like he had some gas left in the tank last yr. I thought he played hard .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have the insurance as well if all we get is a conditional 6th. Seems like some teams like SEA, Minny, Detroit, and GB would be calling with some offers for him. I'm not swinging for the fences here, but seems like DMac should be able to command at least a 5th that escalates to a 4th if he plays a certain amount of snaps/games.

But if it is just a "6th rounder at best" then I hang up and keep him. He's not that expensive and good to have all of that depth.
Makes sense, but a 6th is better than nothing, unless he somehow equals to a higher comp pick in 2018