• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Donovan #1 if he gets a a title?

2 ncaa titles and an nba title…
He'd be someone we could discuss then. Brown has far more to his resume than that, like winning his NBA title with the least star power ever. And getting AI (not really so great himself, very inefficient) to the finals with a bunch of dreck. Unlike Donovan, Brown made every team he went to much better (and he went to a lot)

So no Donovan would need to do more but that would certainly boost him up

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

You really just cannot stand it if someone does not agree with you. This is a you problem. Do you see how it does not bother me if you think Phillip is the GOAT (or someone else)?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!! If someone thinks it's Jackson, cool....and, yes, one can make that case. One can make the case for Pop, too (IMO I'd have him over PJ), Red, etc....but it's OK to see this differently.
Every time this debate comes up I say the same thing, Brown is my guy but you can make an excellent case for any of Phil, Brown, Pop, or even Riley as GOAT. Just like you can do that for MJ, LeBron, Kareem, Wilt, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Donovan #1 if he gets a a title?

2 ncaa titles and an nba title…
IF he won one with the Bulls I guess someone could try and make a case for him as GOAT if they wanted. It would be pretty impressive so I don't think I'd go out of my way to prove him/her wrong.

I also think BD would have been wildly successful had he coached the Bull or Laker teams Phillip coached.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall you clarifying this and if you did fabulous.

But the issue here might be you jumping around and not knowing what you think. Maybe think it all through and decide? Make it something you can hold onto. Don't change your tune to support your next agenda.....like you always do.

Nah.

I will continue to post how I do.

I see something I want to reply to, and I type my post.

Usually in seconds.

And if I want to clarify my point later on I will.

you ignoring that is intentionally misrepresenting my position.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

You really just cannot stand it if someone does not agree with you. This is a you problem. Do you see how it does not bother me if you think Phillip is the GOAT (or someone else)?

I don’t care if people don’t agree with me.

But I do like to make fun of people who have bad opinions.

This one is a bad opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be someone we could discuss then. Brown has far more to his resume than that, like winning his NBA title with the least star power ever. And getting AI (not really so great himself, very inefficient) to the finals with a bunch of dreck. Unlike Donovan, Brown made every team he went to much better (and he went to a lot)

Why?

He had arguably the most talented roster in the league when he coached OKC and couldn’t get that to work.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also had mutumbo

That team was funnily enough built for the hand check era

Also the weakest eastern conference field ever

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

I will continue to post how I do.

I see something I want to reply to, and I type my post.

Usually in seconds.

And if I want to clarify my point later on I will.

you ignoring that is intentionally misrepresenting my position.
Keep posting how you post if you want for sure.....but you realize it's possible I didn't see or simply didn't remember your flip flop? Feel free to remind me what you flopped to.

Ignoring it intentionally? Get a grip, my friend.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

He had arguably the most talented roster in the league when he coached OKC and couldn’t get that to work.

I mean he was up on the dubs and then they just kicked it into high gear

The klay Thompson game is going to haunt his legacy for nothing he didn’t do. Klay just did

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if people don’t agree with me.

But I do like to make fun of people who have bad opinions.

This one is a bad opinion.
It's an easily supported opinion with facts.

But sure.

and, yes, you clearly care if someone does not agree with you to a comical level.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Exactly. More evidence for Brown!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't rule this out but curious how crazy of a notion you think it is when it comes to the reports Lebron, Bosh and Wade decided at Olympics years before to make this a reality? Just a coincidence a city where young, rich guys might like to live had an opening for 2 max players (and pretty much punted on seasons with Wade)?

If he really wanted to give Cleveland a realistic shot maybe commit there and recruit guys to come? Again, his right not to and to go to Miami with his boys if that's what he wants and IMO it is.

I believe they talked about it and had a plan. But I believe that, at least for Lebron, it was always going to be determined by whether or not he believed he could win a title in Cleveland.

When they finished 61-21 securing the #1 seed in the East and still couldn't make it out of the 2nd round, he had his answer.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he was up on the dubs and then they just kicked it into high gear

The klay Thompson game is going to haunt his legacy for nothing he didn’t do. Klay just did
That’s sports. Legacies get determined by all sorts of things, luck first and foremost

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had mutumbo

That team was funnily enough built for the hand check era

Also the weakest eastern conference field ever
Meh. Rudy Gobert at best

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they talked about it and had a plan. But I believe that, at least for Lebron, it was always going to be determined by whether or not he believed he could win a title in Cleveland.

When they finished 61-21 securing the #1 seed in the East and still couldn't make it out of the 2nd round, he had his answer.
OK, but this once again goes back to Lebron would not commit and worse he would not even help recruit guys to want to come (of course, I guess, that's harder to do if he knows he's got a foot out the door).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying Phil Jackson avoided challenge.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Go watch the Last Dance again and tell me managing that group wasn’t a challenge.

As @trojanfan12 has pointed out, managing Shaq and Kobe was no picnic either.

Otherwise Dell Harris would have won a title and probably kept the job.

Yep. It's funny...one of the things that has come out since then is that part of what made him so good at dealing with star players was that in a room full of big egos, Phils was always the biggest.

He could literally "outego" the stars he was coaching. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It's funny...one of the things that has come out since then is that part of what made him so good at dealing with star players was that in a room full of big egos, Phils was always the biggest.

He could literally "outego" the stars he was coaching. lol

Yep.

Russ/KD OKC is the gold standard for examples in why it isn’t easy coaching talent.

Those teams were loaded. Good support players behind them too.

Biggest reason they didn’t win?

IMO was coaching.

Donovan only had 1 year (maybe 2) so not blaming him.

But put a younger PJ at the helm of that team starting in about 2012?

How many titles they getting?

Not sure exactly, but I would bet on more than 2.

MJ was impossibly hard to coach. A lot like Russ (obviously a better player) And the biggest reason OKC couldn’t win was that no coach was able to reign Russ in the way PJ did with MJ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but this once again goes back to Lebron would not commit and worse he would not even help recruit guys to want to come (of course, I guess, that's harder to do if he knows he's got a foot out the door).

If he commits, he loses all of his leverage. To commit before the Cavs did anything to improve the roster would have been dumb on his part.

He was in a position where he had an "out" set up if the Cavs couldn't get anything done and didn't want to give that up before they showed they could make the necessary roster moves.

Maybe he should have quietly told them that he was leaving if they didn't improve the roster. But why should he have to? If the organization was serious about winning a title they'd see what was necessary and already be doing it.

To be fair to the Cavs, Cleveland isn't exactly a "destination city" for FA's so we have no idea how many high quality FA's they may have spoken to and gotten turned down by even with Lebron there.

It may be that for Lebron and the Cavs to win a title together, things had to happen exactly as they did.