• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one is to take his son ion draft even though is is not NBA draft talent
You haven't been paying attention over the last few months....his draft stock has risen considerably.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronny is expected to go in the 35-45 range in the 2nd round....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too absurd to even comment on

It is facts.

Kyrie is not a superstar.

Superstars can carry teams. Kyrie is not that guy.

Unless, he is playing with a legit MVP level guy. Then he can look like the real thing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on the expectation. If anyone is expecting him to be his Dad...they are going to be very disappointed.

Imo, he should have stayed in school for at least 1 more season because the cardiac arrest that he suffered last summer caused him to miss training camp and early practices and also had a minutes restriction for the 1st half of the season. He was trying to play "catch up" all season.

If a team commits to developing him (some time in the G-League would help) he could be a solid rotational player.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His son is not going to go in the first round. Or if he does a late 1st rarely pans anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the story that he didn't decide until that day.

I also don't believe he decided "years before".

I believe he decided when they finished #1 in the East then lost to the #4 Celtics in the Eastern Conference semis.
Wouldn't rule this out but curious how crazy of a notion you think it is when it comes to the reports Lebron, Bosh and Wade decided at Olympics years before to make this a reality? Just a coincidence a city where young, rich guys might like to live had an opening for 2 max players (and pretty much punted on seasons with Wade)?

If he really wanted to give Cleveland a realistic shot maybe commit there and recruit guys to come? Again, his right not to and to go to Miami with his boys if that's what he wants and IMO it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said.

They talked about it as a possibility. He knew it was a possibility and Miami cleared their cap space because they knew it too.

But no way he had his mind made up in time to tell the Cavs and for them to actually do anything differently.
so you keep saying, but, yeah...there was a way and it's not unrealistic at all. More unrealistic was you thinking he decided that day IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about freezing cold takes.

There were no superstars in Los Angeles when he joined the Lakers.
Definitely true....not sure what you'd call it when he came here. Kyrie a really good player but superstar? Also did not have Love when he joined but guess could figure he knew that was a done deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Not a superstar today.

Hadn’t even been to the playoffs before LeBron joined him.

And has proven time and again that he absolutely cannot be more than a high level support player. Despite his talents, he is a near 0 as a leader.
Yeah I'd call him a star at best when Lebron came here. Superstar (like Wade or AD who was not in LA when he got there)? Nope.

Guess could say he knew Love was coming but could even make a case he was not a superstar depending on parameters. I think he was, though (and also a fantastic fit for Lebron at time).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely crazy to me that there is more than 1 person here who thinks Larry Brown is the GOAT.

Equally as absurd as when someone tries to say Kobe is the GOAT.
why is it crazy to you that to be a GOAT someone would like that coach to have a bit of a challenge when it comes to the roster that isn't "but he got the greatest players ever to play together and play well"?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despised James ever since “The Decision” years ago. What an ego maniacal ass hat

I like your selective anger, it's funny. There's an NBAer out there right now that joined a team he couldn't beat that were the 2x defending conference champs with the 2x league MVP. Then he walked away from a dynasty to team up with Harden & Kyrie. Got the coach fired. Then demanded a trade. No issue with that though.

Spare you your ego nonsense. You just hate-hate-hate LeBron.