• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this is a fun discussion

Including all nba careers (player, coach, exec) who has done the most?
without putting too much thought into it have to think West tops THIS list. If memory serves Russell was a pretty bad coach/GM, correct? We know MJ was awful as a GM.

Not even sure who could challenge West. I guess maybe Riley (but not nearly enough as a player IMO).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you keep saying, but, yeah...there was a way and it's not unrealistic at all. More unrealistic was you thinking he decided that day IMO.

I didn’t say that.

I said he didn’t decide a year plus in advance.

That is what you said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd call him a star at best when Lebron came here. Superstar (like Wade or AD who was not in LA when he got there)? Nope.

Guess could say he knew Love was coming but could even make a case he was not a superstar depending on parameters. I think he was, though (and also a fantastic fit for Lebron at time).

There is no universe where Kevin Love was a superstar.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say that.

I said he didn’t decide a year plus in advance.

That is what you said.
If not what you said my apologies.....but didn't you imply he decided shortly before the actual decision?

Yes, I do believe he knew a year plus and that's not a crazy take to believe at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it crazy to you that to be a GOAT someone would like that coach to have a bit of a challenge when it comes to the roster that isn't "but he got the greatest players ever to play together and play well"?

You keep saying Phil Jackson avoided challenge.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Go watch the Last Dance again and tell me managing that group wasn’t a challenge.

As @trojanfan12 has pointed out, managing Shaq and Kobe was no picnic either.

Otherwise Dell Harris would have won a title and probably kept the job.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not what you said my apologies.....but didn't you imply he decided shortly before the actual decision?

Yes, I do believe he knew a year plus and that's not a crazy take to believe at all.

I said he didn’t have his mind made up in time for Cleveland to actually do something about it.

Which would be the trade deadline.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no universe where Kevin Love was a superstar.
as I said it depends on your parameters of one. I get you believe only yours matter, but could make the case when the Cavs acquired him he was a superstar. If you think one needs to be elite of elite then, no, not a superstar. But to say a 3X all star (3 of previous 4 seasons at time)........2X All NBa second team (including his most recent season)......... coming off #11 in MVP voting and had been as high as 6........also 26 and 12.5 2 of his previous 3 seasons cannot be labeled a superstar is just your opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he didn’t have his mind made up in time for Cleveland to actually do something about it.

Which would be the trade deadline.
But this is what you really said in post 335....

"I don’t believe LeBron knew he was leaving until right before he made the decision."

Seems I knew better than you did what you actually said. Are you walking that back now? And, yes, I think it's kooky talk Lebron's mind was not made up until "right before he made the decision". Just my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying Phil Jackson avoided challenge.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Go watch the Last Dance again and tell me managing that group wasn’t a challenge.

As @trojanfan12 has pointed out, managing Shaq and Kobe was no picnic either.

Otherwise Dell Harris would have won a title and probably kept the job.
Hello? I said it's a challenge to manage those egos.......but for me a coach to be GOAT needs to do more than win and manage the egos of the greatest players in the sport at time or arguably all time.

FYI, it's cool if you think Phillip (or Pop) is the GOAT but it's OK for someone not to agree with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is what you really said in post 335....

"I don’t believe LeBron knew he was leaving until right before he made the decision."

Seems I knew better than you did what you actually said. Are you walking that back now? And, yes, I think it's kooky talk Lebron's mind was not made up until "right before he made the decision". Just my opinion.

And I further clarified that point later on.

But go ahead and continue to cling to one line of a post you don’t agree with like you always do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello? I said it's a challenge to manage those egos.......but for me a coach to be GOAT needs to do more than win and manage the egos of the greatest players in the sport at time or arguably all time.

FYI, it's cool if you think Phillip (or Pop) is the GOAT but it's OK for someone not to agree with you.

And for most people?

The GOAT needs to win more than 1 title!

Not to mention, there were multiple stops where Larry Brown wore out his welcome.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely crazy to me that there is more than 1 person here who thinks Larry Brown is the GOAT.

Equally as absurd as when someone tries to say Kobe is the GOAT.
Your opinion can be whatever you like. Ours is pretty easy to defend.

Like all GOAT debates there's no way to prove it, comes down to what you value most. You'll keep trying though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like all GOAT debates there's no way to prove it, comes down to what you value most. You'll keep trying though.

So is Donovan #1 if he gets a a title?

2 ncaa titles and an nba title…

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for most people?

Not to mention, there were multiple stops where Larry Brown wore out his welcome.
He did, only one to win a title in college and the pros (that's 2, and only one in the convo to do it at both levels)

They all wear out their welcome eventually, the GOAT just made a habit of going to new places and turning them into winners, without superstar talent usually.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I further clarified that point later on.

But go ahead and continue to cling to one line of a post you don’t agree with like you always do.
I don't recall you clarifying this and if you did fabulous.

But the issue here might be you jumping around and not knowing what you think. Maybe think it all through and decide? Make it something you can hold onto. Don't change your tune to support your next agenda.....like you always do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for most people?

Cool.

You really just cannot stand it if someone does not agree with you. This is a you problem. Do you see how it does not bother me if you think Phillip is the GOAT (or someone else)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes!! If someone thinks it's Jackson, cool....and, yes, one can make that case. One can make the case for Pop, too (IMO I'd have him over PJ), Red, etc....but it's OK to see this differently.