• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Granger/Evan Turner swap

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sixers are in tank mode, and the Pacers are going all out for the title. Discuss...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think turner will fit in well with pacers. I wish granger was the player he once was but im not sure he ever will be

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers just got much better and deeper. Another scorer alongside of George. Bet Turner is happy to be away from a rebuilding team and on a legit title contender.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie. Pretty decent move to have Turner cover Wade which would explain getting rid of Granger. Kind of forces the Heat to rely on Lebron more.

I don't think Granger's washed up, more than he just can't get the minutes with Paul George's ascension as well as Lance Stephenson becoming a consistent starter.

But overall, it makes sense to cut Granger who was a high trade asset who was not really doing anything for the Pacers. The Heat-Pacers plot just got more interesting.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck, well that hurts a bit. It also takes $8m off the books and gives IND some youth. GOD DAMN YOU BIRD!!!!! No, but seriously, he is the next Riley right now...but skipped the coaching.

OKC and IND battling for rings for years to come...after this year and unless LBJ takes his talents to Texas.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck, well that hurts a bit. It also takes $8m off the books and gives IND some youth. GOD DAMN YOU BIRD!!!!! No, but seriously, he is the next Riley right now...but skipped the coaching.

OKC and IND battling for rings for years to come...after this year and unless LBJ takes his talents to Texas.

smh

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the ratings for this Pacers vs Heat conference finals is going to draw in some SERIOUS ratings its gonna be a show. Just wished that they would do something about the other sorry eastern teams making the playoffs and wasting everyones time. they should just skip to the conference finals

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers just got much better and deeper. Another scorer alongside of George. Bet Turner is happy to be away from a rebuilding team and on a legit title contender.
:scratch:

He won't see the minutes or the ball like he did in Philly. He'll be coming off the bench just like Granger did.

I don't think it improves them enough to disrupt the chemistry that was had with Granger.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the ratings for this Pacers vs Heat conference finals is going to draw in some SERIOUS ratings its gonna be a show. Just wished that they would do something about the other sorry eastern teams making the playoffs and wasting everyones time. they should just skip to the conference finals

You never know but it does look like Pacers vs Heat.

Bulls would have been right there if Rose didn't get hurt... again

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was past the trade deadline, or am I off??

Didn't hear about this till now. Good move by Pacers!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

He won't see the minutes or the ball like he did in Philly. He'll be coming off the bench just like Granger did.

I don't think it improves them enough to disrupt the chemistry that was had with Granger.

I remember being so jealous of Philly when they got this kid. What an acquisition. I cannot believe they pulled this off. :10:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was written a couple weeks ago about Turner and his appeal at the deadline

The 76ers crank out 102.3 possessions per-game -- three more than the next-speediest team and about six more than average. This means more shots for Turner and more opportunities to drive up his points per game. For possible suitors at the trade deadline, Turner's below-average 13.6 PER is a more honest appraisal of his abilities than his glossy traditional stats. Don't buy into the hype.

His PER has dropped since then to 13.3

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 76ers crank out 102.3 possessions per-game -- three more than the next-speediest team and about six more than average. This means more shots for Turner and more opportunities to drive up his points per game. For possible suitors at the trade deadline, Turner's below-average 13.6 PER is a more honest appraisal of his abilities than his glossy traditional stats. Don't buy into the hype.

Yeah today is a tragic one. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically Indiana saying that they can develop anyone, right? Turner is pretty underwhelming, imo, but he is 5 years younger than Granger and Indy had to get rid of him and get something out of the deal. A win/win but not a huge trade for either team, imo

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not like PER

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner coming out was supposed to be a point forward with a ball in his hands, right? He always needed to be 'the man' on a bad team to develop and not a role player.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically Indiana saying that they can develop anyone, right? Turner is pretty underwhelming, imo, but he is 5 years younger than Granger and Indy had to get rid of him and get something out of the deal. A win/win but not a huge trade for either team, imo
Or that..... "we're not going to be able to afford to sign Stephenson this summer, so we'll hope that we can match any offer made to Turner and keep him"