• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Granger/Evan Turner swap

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people on this thread are fucking ridiculous. Evan... really? That was the missing piece for Indy? Oh my.. they are so much better. he isnt even going to start for them.

relax. they got a backup. oh no. im so scared. evan turner.. the guy who doesnt shoot 43% from the field is the missing cog. it was him all along. miami may have waxed that pacers ass by 20+ in game 7 last year.. but that was before Evan Turner!!!

seriously, am i the only one not taking the stupid pills?

just so you guys know.. miami cleared a roster spot. riley is like michael corleone. he hasnt made his move yet. it's coming.

We never miss any opportunity to ride on Heat fans. Relax a little, man, you'll live longer. :kidding:

Everybody knows that Turner isn't going to put Indy on top of the league. He will make them better than they are and they are currently on top in the East.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people on this thread are fucking ridiculous. Evan... really? That was the missing piece for Indy? Oh my.. they are so much better. he isnt even going to start for them.

relax. they got a backup. oh no. im so scared. evan turner.. the guy who doesnt shoot 43% from the field is the missing cog. it was him all along. miami may have waxed that pacers ass by 20+ in game 7 last year.. but that was before Evan Turner!!!

seriously, am i the only one not taking the stupid pills?

just so you guys know.. miami cleared a roster spot. riley is like michael corleone. he hasnt made his move yet. it's coming.

You sound threatened. Evan Turner averages 17 ppg. Whether he comes off the bench or starts 17 ppg aint too shabby. :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound threatened. Evan Turner averages 17 ppg. Whether he comes off the bench or starts 17 ppg aint too shabby. :suds:

I sure wish the Hawks had gotten him. He can explode and score 30 points sometimes. Turner is a very good player.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sound threatened? lmao. i dont even know what to say to that other than ask if english might be your second language?

17 ppg on 42.8% shooting.. im so scared. he plays 35 minutes a night.. I really hope Indy plays him 35 mintues a night. so he can help them to the levels he helped the 76ers to. someone had to score in philly.. he did some of that... at a less than 43% clip.

this trade means nothing.. changes nothing. granger for turner. granger is better than turner. how many ppg would granger have right now playing 35 minutes a night in philly?

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

17 points is 17 points but he is now a 5th option at best. If he scores 10 PPG I would be surprised

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sound threatened? lmao. i dont even know what to say to that other than ask if english might be your second language?

17 ppg on 42.8% shooting.. im so scared. he plays 35 minutes a night.. I really hope Indy plays him 35 mintues a night. so he can help them to the levels he helped the 76ers to. someone had to score in philly.. he did some of that... at a less than 43% clip.

this trade means nothing.. changes nothing. granger for turner. granger is better than turner. how many ppg would granger have right now playing 35 minutes a night in philly?

You wouldn't be commenting here trying to validate the Heat if you weren't scared.
scared-3.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was before they got Turner, though. And I never said they were perfect.

You can't say that. He might not mesh, like someone said he needs the ball in his hands. Turner isn't a spot up shooter, he is a good player on a bad team, just average on a good/great team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never miss any opportunity to ride on Heat fans. Relax a little, man, you'll live longer. :kidding:

Everybody knows that Turner isn't going to put Indy on top of the league. He will make them better than they are and they are currently on top in the East.

Rides on Heat fans from November through May. Then they hide in mid-June when the Heat are champs.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say that. He might not mesh, like someone said he needs the ball in his hands. Turner isn't a spot up shooter, he is a good player on a bad team, just average on a good/great team.

And average on a great team, kind of like Bosh, right? :yahoo:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a smart move for Indy. Its also a smart move for Philly as they look to dump salary.

My bet is that the open slot that Riley has is going to Big Baby. Should know soon.

I wish Danny had made a trade like this with a Green/Bass type departure. The only thing I can think is he wants to keep them together for a package deal this spring

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was better than Turner, that's for sure. But that's when Danny was a starter. He has been different since his return, for maybe a number of reasons. I would rather have Turner, who is 5 years younger and moves around the court quicker than Danny. Granger has been, unfortunately for Indy, dead weight recently and hasn't improved much. Clearly I am a fan of his but that's the way it's been. As I look at it now, it's a good trade for both teams and the Pacers are better off with Turner than Granger. Only time will tell though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial reaction was pretty good trade for the Pacers... I've totally changed my mind, though.

Trading a quality, experienced, veteran player for a younger, promising but sometimes head-scratching player is NOT a "win-now" move. That's a "win-more-over-the-next-several-years" move.

Granger is exactly the type of player who can step up and have the occasional huge game or huge moment to save a team in the playoffs.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was better than Turner, that's for sure. But that's when Danny was a starter. He has been different since his return, for maybe a number of reasons. I would rather have Turner, who is 5 years younger and moves around the court quicker than Danny. Granger has been, unfortunately for Indy, dead weight recently and hasn't improved much. Clearly I am a fan of his but that's the way it's been. As I look at it now, it's a good trade for both teams and the Pacers are better off with Turner than Granger. Only time will tell though.

ESPN seems to think the Pacers blew it. I remember the raw athleticism that made this kid the number 2 pick in the draft. They have made Lance a productive player (although he sure screwed the pooch against the Mavs the other night) and I believe they will do the same with Turner. Even though they are fairly young, the Pacers have some very good veteran leadership. Vogel will figure out how to use this kid effectively. Bird is no dummy. He does look a bit like one, but....

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN seems to think the Pacers blew it. I remember the raw athleticism that made this kid the number 2 pick in the draft. They have made Lance a productive player (although he sure screwed the pooch against the Mavs the other night) and I believe they will do the same with Turner. Even though they are fairly young, the Pacers have some very good veteran leadership. Vogel will figure out how to use this kid effectively. Bird is no dummy. He does look a bit like one, but....

Haha. I am one of Danny's biggest fans and am sad to see him go. But at the same time I am happy the trade went down and think Turner will be better for us than Granger right now. It might actually help out Paul George now as well, who knows. I mean, maybe it was tough on Paul being friends with Danny and being the big dog now and taking Danny's place while Granger was still there. I feel bad for Granger, because he took over for Reggie Miller for me, as my favorite Pacer player to follow, but I think Bird did the right thing.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial reaction was pretty good trade for the Pacers... I've totally changed my mind, though.

Trading a quality, experienced, veteran player for a younger, promising but sometimes head-scratching player is NOT a "win-now" move. That's a "win-more-over-the-next-several-years" move.

Granger is exactly the type of player who can step up and have the occasional huge game or huge moment to save a team in the playoffs.

Well, from a guy that watches every Pacer game and is a huge fan of Granger, trust me on this; he hasn't improved much since his return and has looked lost out there on the second unit. And that's where he was going to stay if he was still with Indy. Shit, as I watched him play this year, I kept thinking all the time, put Copeland in.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, from a guy that watches every Pacer game and is a huge fan of Granger, trust me on this; he hasn't improved much since his return and has looked lost out there on the second unit. And that's where he was going to stay if he was still with Indy. Shit, as I watched him play this year, I kept thinking all the time, put Copeland in.

I have always liked Danny. Class guy. He has seemed awfully tentative since his return. I hope he regains his game over the summer. He still has some productive years left. He will be a good citizen and a fan favorite where ever he winds up.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/436917163903840256

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say Miami will sign a veteran now with that free roster spot they have to sign either Davis, Jamison, or Granger

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't be commenting here trying to validate the Heat if you weren't scared.
scared-3.gif

So let me get this straight. If i say the trade is good for Miami and now I am more scared of Indy...then I am being truthful. But if i say the trade doesnt matter.. I am lying and still scared of Indy. No matter what I say.. just posting in a thread about this proves Indy made the right move...

Do you even believe this bullshit youre writing?