• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Granger/Evan Turner swap

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that..... "we're not going to be able to afford to sign Stephenson this summer, so we'll hope that we can match any offer made to Turner and keep him"
Jesus, thats a downgrade, though

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

He won't see the minutes or the ball like he did in Philly. He'll be coming off the bench just like Granger did.

I don't think it improves them enough to disrupt the chemistry that was had with Granger.

He's a better scoring option, even if it is off the bench for Indiana. Turner had finally found his game this year in Philly. Averaging 17 points a game, to Granger's 8. I think this trade helps both players.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers are missing a chance. Grainger and George on the floor playing together would be next to impossible for any team to match up against. Every game I saw, George just flat out was not interested in getting the ball to grainger. Its gonna be worse on Turner.

Well, I sure cant stand Turner, so just another reason to hate the pacers. I thought once Hansborough was gone they would be fun to watch, but its gonna take a couple years before George realizes he cant win the title on his own and accepts the guys on the floor.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I am stoned and drinking, this gal is having a hard time hoovering my swanze. Thank goodness my wife is late. I just can't get off how wonderful this news is!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a yawn trade Two sort of average dudes The only interesting part will be if Granger (likely) gets bought out and signs with Miami. In that case, Indiana essentially just gave Miami what they needed.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a yawn trade Two sort of average dudes The only interesting part will be if Granger (likely) gets bought out and signs with Miami. In that case, Indiana essentially just gave Miami what they needed.

Would it be a average trade if San Antonio picked up turner? Cause I heard they were very interested in him

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, Turner was never great as a starter....but coming off the bench/not being asked to do much? Oh, I could see him thriving in that role. Also, Miami seems to bring Wade in at times with the second rotation. Turner brings value if he can contain or keep up with D-Wade

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for Indy. At worst the team is the same as it was before since Granger wasn't giving them much of anything.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, Turner was never great as a starter....but coming off the bench/not being asked to do much? Oh, I could see him thriving in that role. Also, Miami seems to bring Wade in at times with the second rotation. Turner brings value if he can contain or keep up with D-Wade

But Stephenson is the primary ball handler of the 2nd unit that Turner will be a part of. He's not going to pass the rock that often when he's trying to showcase himself for a big contract this off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great move for indy. must suck for granger though. once the face of the franchise, spent his whole career in indy and they finally become good and are actually in contention for a one seed and gets moved to a shit team. tough

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Heat fans. Indy is closing the door on you guys more and more with each passing day. :clap:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people on this thread are fucking ridiculous. Evan... really? That was the missing piece for Indy? Oh my.. they are so much better. he isnt even going to start for them.

relax. they got a backup. oh no. im so scared. evan turner.. the guy who doesnt shoot 43% from the field is the missing cog. it was him all along. miami may have waxed that pacers ass by 20+ in game 7 last year.. but that was before Evan Turner!!!

seriously, am i the only one not taking the stupid pills?

just so you guys know.. miami cleared a roster spot. riley is like michael corleone. he hasnt made his move yet. it's coming.