• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D'Angelo Williams

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we are on the same page. Rodgers had those two nice short patterns on man-off where he made some nice YAC, and the luck TD (and the route he sat on a bit and got picked, can argue who's fault, but Ben seemed pretty vocal about where Rodgers was and Rodgers was immediately looking like he was apologizing to me).

But that trips right, with Brown Iso on the left, Wheaton outside on the right, and Bryant/Rodgers inside... wow.

I think we are...on the pick I think Ben expected him to continue the route a bit more towards the sideline, and it certainly did look as if Rodgers was taking the blame...that's why I give Wheaton a slight edge on experience.

If Bryant hadn't got suspended I think we would've seen him outside and Wheaton in the slot most of the time, but on that trips formation, I agree that is difficult to defend.

They get back on the horse Sunday vs a tough DIV foe, so we'll have to see if this group can keep it going.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers may wanna be a bit more careful than burning though Williams. As its not a sure bet that Bell is going to stay off the weeeeeeed. Isn't he a suspension away from a year penalty?

Agreed, imo that's why they signed David Cobb to the PS.

You would think...kind of a unique situation. Bell was also in a local (non NFL affiliated) drug testing program to keep the previous bust off his record if successfully completed. Given those test results all came up clean, and his story of the phone number change was legit apparently, he got a 1 game reduction to 3 on missing the league pee tests and remained in the level 1 phase of the drug treatment program.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. NFL said the current suspension doesn't count in advancing the number of games so, next violation is a 4 game suspension.

Why not far as not advancing the number of games?

Ray Rice may've been blackballed.

Josh Brown gets 1 game after he's arrested for physical violence against his wife. Who claims he's been abusive with her since 2009 when she was pregnant and has had an order of protection filed on him.

Kendrick Ellis gets nada even though he coped a plea that gets him a 45 day jail sentence for assault and battery.

Aaron Donald gets nada after his hissy fit. Which included knocking another player's helmet off his head, grabbing him by the neck, bumping a ref and slamming his helmet on the ground.

No one says shit to Aaron Rodgers after he says he like his footballs over-inflated.

And Tom Brady gets 4 games because he may or may not of been in cahoots with an equipment manager who may or may not of been under-inflating footballs for Brady.

This willy nilly way Goodell punishes or doesn't puniosh players is funky like penicillin.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Brown gets 1 game after he's arrested for physical violence against his wife. Who claims he's been abusive with her since 2009 when she was pregnant and has had an order of protection filed on him.

Kendrick Ellis gets nada even though he coped a plea that gets him a 45 day jail sentence for assault and battery.

Aaron Donald gets nada after his hissy fit. Which included knocking another player's helmet off his head, grabbing him by the neck, bumping a ref and slamming his helmet on the ground.

No one says shit to Aaron Rodgers after he says he like his footballs over-inflated.

And Tom Brady gets 4 games because he may or may not of been in cahoots with an equipment manager who may or may not of been under-inflating footballs for Brady.

This willy nilly way Goodell punishes or doesn't puniosh players is funky like penicillin.
I think ATL96 explained it better in comment #22 than I did.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ATL96 explained it better in comment #22 than I did.

No worries. I took from ATL96's post that Bell not receiving additional games he'd have to miss this year. As something that was based in common sense. The same can't always be said about how the NFL does or doesn't hand down punishment to players.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. I took from ATL96's post that Bell not receiving additional games he'd have to miss this year. As something that was based in common sense. The same can't always be said about how the NFL does or doesn't hand down punishment to players.
I know. Common sense and NFL punishments are rarely used in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Aaron Rodgers can say he likes to wear pink tutu's at games, as long as he wears the right equipment when he steps out on the field it doesn't matter. That's really really reaching there.

Josh Brown grabbed his wife's wrist. Don't try to compare that to what Ray Rice did. And Rice would be in the league if he wasn't arguably the least productive starter when he played and a full year further away from that.

I thought Ellis' issues were in college where that doesn't fall under the NFLPA/NFL collectively bargained conduct policy.

I think everyone forgets the NFL isn't the court system. Goodell and the owners don't give one shit what players do, unless it gets in the media. You want a guy punished for beating his wife, that's the courts problem. The NFL is punishing because of how it looks to the league, the fans, their sponsors.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Aaron Rodgers can say he likes to wear pink tutu's at games, as long as he wears the right equipment when he steps out on the field it doesn't matter. That's really really reaching there.

Josh Brown grabbed his wife's wrist. Don't try to compare that to what Ray Rice did. And Rice would be in the league if he wasn't arguably the least productive starter when he played and a full year further away from that.

I thought Ellis' issues were in college where that doesn't fall under the NFLPA/NFL collectively bargained conduct policy.

I think everyone forgets the NFL isn't the court system. Goodell and the owners don't give one shit what players do, unless it gets in the media. You want a guy punished for beating his wife, that's the courts problem. The NFL is punishing because of how it looks to the league, the fans, their sponsors.

I thought the NFL was reaching for Brady. Plus didn't the NFL make a huge issue over the certain amount of PSI a football be at? A simple example would be a football has to be between 3psi and 5psi. Clearly Rodgers likes his footballs over that limit. And I'm not saying they should jam up Rodgers or anything. I just found it absurd the lengths Goodell went to, as well as the asinine and ridiculous amount of power the NFLPA ceded to Goodell.

Brown's wife, ex-wife now, claims Brown physically abused her at least 20 times going back to 09 and when she was pregnant. She also had an order of protection against him she claims.

I think Aaron Donald's case is potentially most troubling because it involved a ref. The NFL can front and fake the funk all they want about protecting women/player's wives and being against domestic violence. They damn well better make sure that they protect the officials of the game.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the NFL was reaching for Brady. Plus didn't the NFL make a huge issue over the certain amount of PSI a football be at? A simple example would be a football has to be between 3psi and 5psi. Clearly Rodgers likes his footballs over that limit. And I'm not saying they should jam up Rodgers or anything. I just found it absurd the lengths Goodell went to, as well as the asinine and ridiculous amount of power the NFLPA ceded to Goodell.

Brown's wife, ex-wife now, claims Brown physically abused her at least 20 times going back to 09 and when she was pregnant. She also had an order of protection against him she claims.

I think Aaron Donald's case is potentially most troubling because it involved a ref. The NFL can front and fake the funk all they want about protecting women/player's wives and being against domestic violence. They damn well better make sure that they protect the officials of the game.

Did Rodgers say over that limit? Or did he say inflated higher? Either way so what? If a player says he likes weed you can't suspend him for 4 games. He actually has to be caught smoking it. You can give the refs 12 flat footballs before the game if you want. It's their job to properly inflate them you didn't do ANYTHING REMOTELY WRONG. Now AFTER that test is done is where it becomes against the rules.

My thought on Brady is it would have been a simple fine and move on until he decided to fight it the whole way. Once they entered cover up mode, and the NFL had to put together an investigation to get the truth, the stakes were raised.

And Browns wife says things, Brown says that isn't true, the only proof we have is he grabbed her wrist. If that's all the NFL has, that's all they can go on. And again, it's up to the law to punish over those actions if they are true. If there were thousands of fans and ESPN and Fox all calling for Brown's head, the punishment might be bigger.

And making contact with a ref is an ejection which he got, which happened somewhere in that time he ran over. 20 camera's on it and I haven't seen it. He didn't hit the ref, didn't push him hard enough to move him even. So don't try to say punching your wife and this are the same thing. I'm fine with that just being an ejection and maybe an upcoming fine.