• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D'Angelo Williams

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not for nuthin but damn that dude had a hell of a game last night. He looks like a 23 year old out there...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nuthin but damn that dude had a hell of a game last night. He looks like a 23 year old out there...

Yep - when they start getting more guys back in the lineup that offense is going to be real scary.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - when they start getting more guys back in the lineup that offense is going to be real scary.

Deeper, but I'm not sure if they can get much better to be honest.

I tried to tell I think it was Deanpet the OFC was going score, Rodgers imo is as good if not better than Wheaton. I didn't expect the DEF to hold the 'Skins to 1 TD. Clearly not their best effort with several presnap penalties, a few holding calls, etc. The DEF effort has to improve for the Steelers.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tried to tell I think it was Deanpet the OFC was going score, Rodgers imo is as good if not better than Wheaton. I didn't expect the DEF to hold the 'Skins to 1 TD. Clearly not their best effort with several presnap penalties, a few holding calls, etc. The DEF effort has to improve for the Steelers.

Well while Williams is a great fit behind that line and with that scheme, Bell is special. Makes them better and deeper. Bryant and Wheaton add more to the starting WR lineup. Both have better straight line speed than Rogers... Wheaton can be a huge red zone mismatch and physical blocker. I think Rogers may make a fine slot WR with upside with his quickness, hands and route-running, but those two add a lot on the field.

As far as playing better, hard to do, Washington had to go all in on the run just to be bad against it in that game. But as far as talent on the field I think those guys all make it better.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Rogers is also better than Wheaton.. He certainly proved himself last night... Granted only one game but he seems like he is going to also be a security blanket for Big Ben, obviously not as much as AB but still.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rogers is also better than Wheaton.. He certainly proved himself last night... Granted only one game but he seems like he is going to also be a security blanket for Big Ben, obviously not as much as AB but still.

The thing I like about Wheaton is while Rogers is insanely quick and that makes for a great situation in cover 0 or some cover 1 when the run game is rocking, Wheaton can force you to keep a safety back over the top when you aren't going against a terrible run D and can make plays when you are playing a pass D.

Rogers was great when he got horizontal in single man press on short yardage when the D was all in against the run. Kinda that Beasley role we saw in the Dallas game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well while Williams is a great fit behind that line and with that scheme, Bell is special. Makes them better and deeper. Bryant and Wheaton add more to the starting WR lineup. Both have better straight line speed than Rogers... Wheaton can be a huge red zone mismatch and physical blocker. I think Rogers may make a fine slot WR with upside with his quickness, hands and route-running, but those two add a lot on the field.

As far as playing better, hard to do, Washington had to go all in on the run just to be bad against it in that game. But as far as talent on the field I think those guys all make it better.

Your last sentence there kind of clarifies my point.

I'm going to preface my comments by saying the OFC last night was about a 4.5 on 5 scale imo...granted they got a fluke TD, and a few other drops etc. that would make it something less than a perfect game...adding Bell, Bryant and Wheaton to the mix would make them more consistent at that level so in that regard that is better, but imo it would be difficult for them to perform much better game in game out than they did last night.

Drilling down.

No push back at all on Bell and Bryant...imo Bell is the best all around RB in the game right now.

I disagree with you Wheaton and Rodgers. Maybe better than Rodgers right now, but Wheaton is not a physical blocker, he's not a better route runner, hands are not better, and his RAC I don't think is better. Wheaton might have more straight line speed as you mentioned. Ben has already said Rodgers could be one of the best slot guys he's ever played with. Because of the experience factor I would give Wheaton a slight edge over Rodgers, but as a talent...no.

Rodgers can also return punts...something Wheaton struggles with.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to preface my comments by saying the OFC last night was about a 4.5 on 5 scale imo...granted they got a fluke TD, and a few other drops etc. that would make it something less than a perfect game...adding Bell, Bryant and Wheaton to the mix would make them more consistent at that level so in that regard that is better, but imo it would be difficult for them to perform much better game in game out than they did last night.

Drilling down.

No push back at all on Bell and Bryant...imo Bell is the best all around RB in the game right now.

I disagree with you Wheaton and Rodgers. Maybe better than Rodgers right now, but Wheaton is not a physical blocker, he's not a better route runner, hands are not better, and his RAC I don't think is better. Wheaton might have more straight line speed as you mentioned. Ben has already said Rodgers could be one of the best slot guys he's ever played with. Because of the experience factor I would give Wheaton a slight edge over Rodgers, but as a talent...no.

Yeah I think we are on the same page. Rodgers had those two nice short patterns on man-off where he made some nice YAC, and the luck TD (and the route he sat on a bit and got picked, can argue who's fault, but Ben seemed pretty vocal about where Rodgers was and Rodgers was immediately looking like he was apologizing to me).

But that trips right, with Brown Iso on the left, Wheaton outside on the right, and Bryant/Rodgers inside... wow.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo*

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well while Williams is a great fit behind that line and with that scheme, Bell is special. Makes them better and deeper.

Yes, it was the Redskins defense, but DW looked special at times as well. Can he block/pick up blitzes well? If so, and with the Cards David Johnson becoming a starter or so it seems. Williams has to be the best 2nd team RB in the NFL and better than some team's starters, lookin at you Washington Redskins.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drilling down.

Struggles is a big understatement from what I've seen.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was the Redskins defense, but DW looked special at times as well. Can he block/pick up blitzes well? If so, and with the Cards David Johnson becoming a starter or so it seems. Williams has to be the best 2nd team RB in the NFL and better than some team's starters, lookin at you Washington Redskins.

Yeah Dwill is a fine blocker too. Solid not great out of the backfield. Can make the catches, just no longer has that top gear or the best at making guys miss. But kinda neat how he evolved his game since he was young. Was more of a Barry Sanders type who'd juke and jitter and play for the big play around the edge in college. Now more of a one cut and downhill like a MJD type.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Dwill is a fine blocker too. Solid not great out of the backfield. Can make the catches, just no longer has that top gear or the best at making guys miss. But kinda neat how he evolved his game since he was young. Was more of a Barry Sanders type who'd juke and jitter and play for the big play around the edge in college. Now more of a one cut and downhill like a MJD type.

He juked and jittered a pair of would-be Skins tacklers. Or maybe he went intangilble like he was Kitty Pryde from the fuckin Xmen. Cuz he ran right between both of them on his way to TD #1. That play had me laughing (cuz it was funny and the defenders looked stupid) and crying (sadly it was against the Redskins and it made the defenders look stupid)

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There better not be a committee. Besides, DWill has showed he does not do well in those.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There better not be a committee. Besides, DWill has showed he does not do well in those.

I hope there is a committee, to be honest.

Williams would be the best RB on all but a few teams, with the Steelers being among them.

They need to take advantage of this, as it will add time to Bell's prime, assuming he can stay away from the grass.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams may have a couple more decent years in him.

Because of some early injuries and Stewart he never had much carries in the NFL. 500 less than Lynch who ran harder and had WAY more playoff/SBOWL activity than Williams ever had (which isn't factored into the above). So prob. 1,000 less carries which is like another couple seasons at that age.

If I was the Steelers I'd be in no rush to get Bell back. Yes Bell is probably more talented and obviously younger, but burn through Williams while he's killing it... save Bell for a few future seasons if you can afford it lol.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams may have a couple more decent years in him.

Because of some early injuries and Stewart he never had much carries in the NFL. 500 less than Lynch who ran harder and had WAY more playoff/SBOWL activity than Williams ever had (which isn't factored into the above). So prob. 1,000 less carries which is like another couple seasons at that age.

If I was the Steelers I'd be in no rush to get Bell back. Yes Bell is probably more talented and obviously younger, but burn through Williams while he's killing it... save Bell for a few future seasons if you can afford it lol.

The Steelers may wanna be a bit more careful than burning though Williams. As its not a sure bet that Bell is going to stay off the weeeeeeed. Isn't he a suspension away from a year penalty?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went into that game tied with my fantasy opponent. I had Williams, he had Brown. Won it with that garbage time TD run. I love DeAngelo Williams.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers may wanna be a bit more careful than burning though Williams. As its not a sure bet that Bell is going to stay off the weeeeeeed. Isn't he a suspension away from a year penalty?
No. NFL said the current suspension doesn't count in advancing the number of games so, next violation is a 4 game suspension.