• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dallas post game

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding our WR's I meant they have a hard time separating in an all out sprint down field. I only say this and I don't know for fact, but the long balls that have been thrown it's been a toss up def/off who gets it, by rule. No Tyrek Hill on our team... or as I said earlier,, no number one. I agree that we have an adequate core of receivers who would be all pro if we had Aaron Rodgers or Brees tossing the rock. So we live with Smith, who in my opinion is a step down from Cousins.. so we play to his strengths... which is dunk and dink. It's gotten us to 4-2 so lets not rock the boat to much. Smith is what he is. Skins screwed the pooch on Cousins and got bailed out by an older Smith. I agree he hasn't been as good as he was 3 years ago in Kansas but he's a good game manager we can win with. Hence the close games,,, cause he can't bury a team but he can beat any of em.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we kept KC we wouldnt have to go through this growing process all over again . period . KC is a way better passer but the hate the ABC crowd had/has wont allow them to see it

i said the offense would struggle early and it has . cant put it all on CDC but the selling points were nothing more then homeristic cool aid drinking to soothe their collective hate

i think in about a month CDC will be much more efficient but unfortunately it could cost DOX's redskins career

what we are getting is great defense (mostly ) and a strong running game

one way to help CDC is to target reed and davis 15 times a game until the wrs get up to speed

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mean to be a downer, but 4-2 ain't shit. When we get to 8-4, then I'll get excited.

Wow - this board has become the biggest group of whiners ever. Every conversation is about Alex Smith & Kirk Cousins & is 100% negative for many. I get it - Smith has played very bad. However there are also some encouraging signs especially on defense. You would never know it by reading this forum.

Several on this forum picked this team to win a total of 3-4 wins this season. Well - they are already past that pt. Could it get worse? Sure, but there are still several very winnable games so lets just wait till we declare this as the worst team ever. I am sure that even if they get to 8-4 there will still be a lot of nonstop bitching on this site.

Oh well - label me as an idiot or "drinking the kool aid", but I am actually happy overall & w/ several things w/ this team. I am hoping for Smith to get better but am not holding my breath & if it doesn't work out then hey go in another direction at sometime in the future. Unlike some folks I don't believe in time travel so I am not going to obsess over what could have been w/ Cousins, etc.

HTTR (oops I am not supposed to say that).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - this board has become the biggest group of whiners ever. Every conversation is about Alex Smith & Kirk Cousins & is 100% negative for many. I get it - Smith has played very bad. However there are also some encouraging signs especially on defense. You would never know it by reading this forum.

Several on this forum picked this team to win a total of 3-4 wins this season. Well - they are already past that pt. Could it get worse? Sure, but there are still several very winnable games so lets just wait till we declare this as the worst team ever. I am sure that even if they get to 8-4 there will still be a lot of nonstop bitching on this site.

Oh well - label me as an idiot or "drinking the kool aid, but I am actually happy overall & w/ several things w/ this team. I am hoping for Smith to get better but am not holding my breath & if it doesn't work out then hey go in another direction at sometime in the future. Unlike some folks I don't believe in time travel so I am not going to obsess over what could have been w/ Cousins, etc.

You realize you whine every time someone posts something that is not 100% positive, right? So include your self in that whine fest.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you whine every time someone posts something that is not 100% positive, right? So include your self in that whine fest.

Fine - I will accept that. I was in DC over the weekend & some of the callers were just like folks here. You would never even know that they won the game. I just wish that fans would actually acknowledge the good as well as the bad. Go Skins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is great that they are 4-2 and am planning on them being 5-2.

I think anyone who isn't nervous about the passing game is kidding themselves but I hope it improves with time.

I would have been one of the people that said "don't bring in Peterson." I am happy to be wrong. I am concerned whether he can hold up for an entire season but I hope so.

I was pretty excited about our front 7 before the season started and more excited now. IMO they are going to have to carry the team this year …. along with AP.

I remember the George Allen days when winning ugly was how they won but we were happy with it because we had not had a winner before that. There was a huge debate back then "I like Sonny, I like Billy." I was firmly in the Sonny corner. He was the better QB. I don't have the choice like that now but I can't help but wonder how good this team could have been with Cousin's and this defense. :noidea:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect Redskins to bring back Trey Quinn next week as Jamison Crowder's status remains unclear
By JP Finlay October 23, 2018 6:00 AM
13 Comments

The Redskins need help at wide receiver, and while head coach Jay Gruden allowed a potential trade might bolster the group, the return of rookie Trey Quinn might do the same.

Quinn landed on the injured reserve after the season opener in Arizona when he injured his ankle on a punt return. The IR designation means Quinn must miss eight weeks of action but can return after that period.

"We’ll get Trey Quinn back here pretty soon," Gruden said Monday on the Redskins Talk podcast.

Quinn could be back as early as Week 9 against Atlanta, and it sounds like Gruden expects to see him then.

A record setter at SMU and the final pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, Quinn's return could immediately help the Redskins at their inside slot receiver position. Jamison Crowder has missed the last two games for Washington, and reports say he could miss a few more weeks.

Of the trio of injured Redskins skill players, Chris Thompson, Paul Richardson, and Crowder, Gruden said the slot WR has "probably got the furthest to go" before he can return from injury. Last week, Crowder was spotted in the Redskins practice facility riding a scooter and with a boot on his ankle.

With Crowder out an elongated period of time, Quinn could step right in. Both on the smaller side and more quick than fast, Quinn is best suited to play the inside receiver position and can also return punts.

Asked if Quinn is a natural fit to fill in for Crowder, Gruden replied, "exactly right."

Fellow rookie receiver Cam Sims also landed on the IR after Week 1, but Gruden did not indicate that he would be brought back on the same timeline as Quinn.

"We’ll probably just take one of them. Right now I think Trey is probably closer to returning than Cam ."

NFL rules stipulate that the team can bring only two players back from the injured reserve over the course of a season. So if the 'Skins bring back Quinn as soon as he is eligible next week, it makes sense for the organization to wait before using their final retrievable IR slot on another wide receiver.

Gruden's comments make two things clear: The organization sees Quinn back on the 53-man roster ASAP, and Crowder's return seems to be a serious question mark.

Washington also seems likely to have a roster spot for Quinn next week. Special teams ace Jehu Chesson has already been up and down on the Redskins roster twice, and it would be little surprise if Quinn's return means Chesson gets released. Should that happen, Washington might again try to bring Chesson back to their practice squad.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well - label me as an idiot or "drinking the kool aid", but I am actually happy overall & w/ several things w/ this team. I am hoping for Smith to get better but am not holding my breath & if it doesn't work out then hey go in another direction at sometime in the future. Unlike some folks I don't believe in time travel so I am not going to obsess over what could have been w/ Cousins, etc.

I am pretty sure I was the only one that said four wins and that was before the draft. I said six wins after the draft. I can still see six wins; however, our defense does great against teams without a QB. So far, we have been hurt by the two QBs capable of throwing the ball or having good receivers.

I am very happy with the defense and very concerned about our QB. Aren’t you?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we kept KC we wouldnt have to go through this growing process all over again . period . KC is a way better passer but the hate the ABC crowd had/has wont allow them to see it

i said the offense would struggle early and it has . cant put it all on CDC but the selling points were nothing more then homeristic cool aid drinking to soothe their collective hate

i think in about a month CDC will be much more efficient but unfortunately it could cost DOX's redskins career

what we are getting is great defense (mostly ) and a strong running game

one way to help CDC is to target reed and davis 15 times a game until the wrs get up to speed
Finally, someone said it. Throw Reed the damn ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins won the game, HTTR!!!...our starting QB has this team off to a 4-2 start...Alex was brought in to win football games, and so far so good.

HTTR your face!...to the all the three or four whiny bitches that like a 300 yard passing day L over a 200 yard W.

Last edited:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins won the game, HTTR!!!...our starting QB has this team off to a 4-2 start...Alex was brought in to win football games, and so far so good.

HTTR your face!...to the all the three or four whiny bitches that like a 300 yard passing day L over a 200 yard W.

Monday night Eli threw for 399 yards and completed 70% of his passes. 1 TD no picks.

Point is stats lie

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is what they are saying about Goff, Brees and Mahomes … stats lie. Sometimes they lie, sometimes there is something else that made the stats lie. You know poor defense etc.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night Eli threw for 399 yards and completed 70% of his passes. 1 TD no picks.

Point is stats lie

it's not always about what you do, but what you don't do that determines the outcome of a game.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is what they are saying about Goff, Brees and Mahomes … stats lie. Sometimes they lie, sometimes there is something else that made the stats lie. You know poor defense etc.

sports, we all know that you, and the three or four of the "WBC" like to:wank:over our old QB...let it go. seriously...take your hand off your D#*k, and enjoy the season as a Redskins fan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has carried us in most of the wins , which I will take however I was sold that CDC was better then the other guy and so far he is not

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports, we all know that you, and the three or four of the "WBC" like to:wank:over our old QB...let it go. seriously...take your hand off your D#*k, and enjoy the season as a Redskins fan.
Wont. Do it just 3 short years to go ace

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a "WBC"?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way i think WBC is a personal attack on fellow posters . i am debating whether i should delete all posts with that reference

anyone but Kirk doesnt have that poster attack element