• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whats the fucking problem with inbounding the damn basketball?

I was just going to say the same thing. That's twice in the last 3 or 4 games where they've turned it over on a simple inbounds pass at the end of the game and failed to even attempt the game-tying bucket. Maybe practice that play a bit more guys.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know scoring is neither his forté nor his primary job, but 0 points from Rondo is just terrible.

I never have been crazy about his game, just me though

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is just a total non-factor these days. Having two ball hogs on the floor at once has really hurt his confidence and hindered his production. He said he'd be ok playing Robin to Monta's Batman. Well, he's barely even Alfred the butler at this point.
I know it's just the regular season, but with each loss it's getting harder and harder to ignore their 1-infinity record against top 8 teams. They've let some very winnable games just slip away with some careless play.

Dirk just has no inside presence anymore offensively. If he has to grind it out and take the ball to the rim he just won't do it anymore. I'm not one to say he needs to do it all season long as that just wears on a 36 year old but he doesn't rarely drive anymore unless it's such an open court where it'll be an easy lay in for him without much or any resistance.

And during clutch/crunch time he's a non factor because he doesn't even get the ball. I just don't get it...I love me some Monta but he's just not Dirk.

LIke I said previously I'm totally fine this team lacking the talent to be a great team but losing because of being stupid just annoys me.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know scoring is neither his forté nor his primary job, but 0 points from Rondo is just terrible.

I love his game overall just because of what he brings in all other aspects but if there is one thing that does concern me is that teams just beg him to shoot. JKidd atleast developed his 3pt shot and jumpshot over time to where teams couldn't afford to do that because he was going to make quite a few of them if you were going to leave him open. I know Rondo has his moments but he needs to have SOME type of threat offensively.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a stat that backs up what I and others around here have been saying- that Dirk still needs to be the primary focus of the offense.

In games this season when Dirk is their leading scorer, the Mavs are 15-1.
When someone else leads the way, the Mavs are 15-16.

He's only been their leading scorer in 16 out of 47 games. I know he's aged a bit and Monta takes over a lot, but 16 out of 47 isn't going to cut it.

Just from my own limited basketball playing experience (2nd through 10th grade), I know that when I was looked upon as the one to carry the team's scoring, I was very confident and remained engaged. But on some other teams where we had some real ball hog/chucker types and I was relegated essentially to the role of meaningless guy on the court, I became totally disengaged and the few shots I was allowed to take I usually missed.

And I honestly think a little of that has happened to Dirk now, with Tyson carrying the rebound load, Monta chucking up shots right and left, and Rondo taking shots away from Dirk as well. I think that's why he's just kind of disengaged and floating around out there a lot with very little confidence in his shot.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk just has no inside presence anymore offensively. If he has to grind it out and take the ball to the rim he just won't do it anymore. I'm not one to say he needs to do it all season long as that just wears on a 36 year old but he doesn't rarely drive anymore unless it's such an open court where it'll be an easy lay in for him without much or any resistance.

And during clutch/crunch time he's a non factor because he doesn't even get the ball. I just don't get it...I love me some Monta but he's just not Dirk.

LIke I said previously I'm totally fine this team lacking the talent to be a great team but losing because of being stupid just annoys me.

Some of that has to come from Carlisle. He has Dirk out high on these picks so he is never open. But what really bothered me with Dirk tonight was late in the 4th and Houston had about 4 seconds on the shot clock and inbounding under their basket and Josh Smith just went right past Dirk and got the inbound pass for an easy layup. That is basketball 101 to stay between them and the basket on that inbound pass under the basket.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a stat that backs up what I and others around here have been saying- that Dirk still needs to be the primary focus of the offense.

In games this season when Dirk is their leading scorer, the Mavs are 15-1.
When someone else leads the way, the Mavs are 15-16.

He's only been their leading scorer in 16 out of 47 games. I know he's aged a bit and Monta takes over a lot, but 16 out of 47 isn't going to cut it.

Just from my own limited basketball playing experience (2nd through 10th grade), I know that when I was looked upon as the one to carry the team's scoring, I was very confident and remained engaged. But on some other teams where we had some real ball hog/chucker types and I was relegated essentially to the role of meaningless guy on the court, I became totally disengaged and the few shots I was allowed to take I usually missed.

And I honestly think a little of that has happened to Dirk now, with Tyson carrying the rebound load, Monta chucking up shots right and left, and Rondo taking shots away from Dirk as well. I think that's why he's just kind of disengaged and floating around out there a lot with very little confidence in his shot.

The same is actually true about Chandler Parsons too in regards to his scoring and number of shots and Dallas winning. There have been times that my son and I are watching the game and we will think why did Dirk NOT take that shot. It was something in the past he would take but he seems to be hesitant at times.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his game overall just because of what he brings in all other aspects but if there is one thing that does concern me is that teams just beg him to shoot. JKidd atleast developed his 3pt shot and jumpshot over time to where teams couldn't afford to do that because he was going to make quite a few of them if you were going to leave him open. I know Rondo has his moments but he needs to have SOME type of threat offensively.

I agree.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same is actually true about Chandler Parsons too in regards to his scoring and number of shots and Dallas winning. There have been times that my son and I are watching the game and we will think why did Dirk NOT take that shot. It was something in the past he would take but he seems to be hesitant at times.

He's been quoted recently as saying that he just doesn't have a lot of confidence in his shot right now, and I think his passing up those shots is a sign of that.

Crazy to think that one of the top 10 scorers to ever play the game has confidence issues.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been quoted recently as saying that he just doesn't have a lot of confidence in his shot right now, and I think his passing up those shots is a sign of that.

Crazy to think that one of the top 10 scorers to ever play the game has confidence issues.

He needs to get Holger here ASAP.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another abysmal performance from Dirk tonight, 4 of 16 from the floor. He's nowhere remotely close to the Dirk we all know. He's like a completely different player. I see all of these articles questioning Parsons not living up to expectations and Rondo being a bad fit for the team, but very few pieces have called out Dirk's horrid play. I know he's an all-time legend, but if you really want an honest assessment of why Dallas isn't beating any good teams, #41 playing like a league average player instead of a star is one of the main reasons. If Dirk manages to score 20 points on above .400 shooting and can grab 6-7 rebounds a game, the Mavs would win a lot more against the better teams.

It took a 3-point barrage from Charlie V tonight to save them against the Heat, and most nights that's just not going to happen. I love Dirk more than any Mav ever, but he has got to find his game again or else the Mavs have no hope. His mediocre performances are starting to become more routine than aberration.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another abysmal performance from Dirk tonight, 4 of 16 from the floor. He's nowhere remotely close to the Dirk we all know. He's like a completely different player. I see all of these articles questioning Parsons not living up to expectations and Rondo being a bad fit for the team, but very few pieces have called out Dirk's horrid play. I know he's an all-time legend, but if you really want an honest assessment of why Dallas isn't beating any good teams, #41 playing like a league average player instead of a star is one of the main reasons. If Dirk manages to score 20 points on above .400 shooting and can grab 6-7 rebounds a game, the Mavs would win a lot more against the better teams.

It took a 3-point barrage from Charlie V tonight to save them against the Heat, and most nights that's just not going to happen. I love Dirk more than any Mav ever, but he has got to find his game again or else the Mavs have no hope. His mediocre performances are starting to become more routine than aberration.

You are right on that assessment of Dirk. He has had some good games but I think we are watching the decline of Dirk. It is almost better to see Charlie V on some nights because he can shoot outside, drive and play better defense. Dirk is missing shots he just would not miss in the past. And Charlie V and Aminu need too play more. Aminu has just started getting minutes the last 2 games and there is no excuse for that.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are the Lakers might trade Jordan Hill. I would rather acquire him than Jermaine O' Neal. He's 10 years younger and averaging 12.5/8.1. I've always liked his game.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are the Lakers might trade Jordan Hill. I would rather acquire him than Jermaine O' Neal. He's 10 years younger and averaging 12.5/8.1. I've always liked his game.

You are right but I am not sure who we have to trade.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right but I am not sure who we have to trade.

That is a rather key point isn't it. :pound:

Shoot, let's just aim high and see if OKC will give us Durant for JJ and Parsons.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be a draft pick + a youngster.

I love the idea of acquiring Jordan Hill, but what youngster of any value at all do we have who would entice the Lakers to part with Hill? I don't see Hill coming here for Powell or Ledo unless at least one 1st round pick is attached, and I don't think Hill is enough of a force to put us over the top to make it worth our while to give up 1st rounders.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idea of acquiring Jordan Hill, but what youngster of any value at all do we have who would entice the Lakers to part with Hill? I don't see Hill coming here for Powell or Ledo unless at least one 1st round pick is attached, and I don't think Hill is enough of a force to put us over the top to make it worth our while to give up 1st rounders.

I an agree about who do we have to trade but giving up a 1st rounder seems to be no big deal for the Mavericks. What do we do with them anyway.