• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what you mean, but Dirk toughened up enough to lead us all the way to a title. I'll take this.

Dirk wasn't and isn't a tough guy. But he did lead by example, plays hard - albeit with weak D - and put in his minutes.

He has weak D b/c he's 1) already a bad defender but 2) he doesn't try

Great offensive player but has always driven me crazy with his unwillingness to put forth much effort on the defensive end or the boards

So for someone to tell him to toughen up is a bit hypocritical

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great offensive player but has always driven me crazy with his unwillingness to put forth much effort on the defensive end or the boards

Dirk called out JET in 2011 it was every bit of what JET needed to hear. It's possible Dirk said something similar the way he did about JET. He said JET hadn't been the crunch time player they had needed him to be and JET responded. They won a championship playing zone defense, so that aspect means about dick all to them, and likely isn't what he meant by being tough.

To act like he's not tough because he's lazy on defense is silly though. The two are not mutually exclusive. He's not very athletic and his skill lies in shot making. Any extra energy he wastes on playing "tough" defense is miss allocated resources for him at this point. They aren't losing games based on his defensive effort. They are losing games because they aren't shooting well in crunch time consistently enough. Their offense has petered off lately. They need to all get better at making baskets.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk called out JET in 2011 it was every bit of what JET needed to hear. It's possible Dirk said something similar the way he did about JET. He said JET hadn't been the crunch time player they had needed him to be and JET responded. They won a championship playing zone defense, so that aspect means about dick all to them, and likely isn't what he meant by being tough.

To act like he's not tough because he's lazy on defense is silly though. The two are not mutually exclusive. He's not very athletic and his skill lies in shot making. Any extra energy he wastes on playing "tough" defense is miss allocated resources for him at this point. They aren't losing games based on his defensive effort. They are losing games because they aren't shooting well in crunch time consistently enough. Their offense has petered off lately. They need to all get better at making baskets.

Agree. Beginning with Avery who got him to play with his back to the basket he was a monster in the SA series when they went to the finals the first time. He played very physical on the offensive end in that series. He is one of the top rebounders/scorers in playoff history. He is not going to get into a fight and he is a mediocre at best defender but is very emotional about everyone doing their part out on the court.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think rev hit on some good points in his post.

But you are vastly underrating Dirk's rebounding ability. After this season he should be around 35th, all time in rebounding.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's worse defensively this year but up until a few years ago he surely was trying. I just think he's not that good at playing D and there's nothing wrong with it as that's not what Dallas has wanted and needed Dirk to do. And I think if there's anything we've learned it's that Dirk is one of the if not the toughest athletes ever to roll through our fair berg.

Personally speaking I do think Dirk has received a much bigger rap for his defense than what he's really been on that side.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get worried. They look terrible on both ends of the floor. Udrih was taking Rondo to the hole for crying out loud. They're out of sync, and they're quitting once things start going against them. I'm not sure this is going to work chemistry wise. I hope I'm overreacting

I love my Mavs but I'm ready for some baseball.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get worried. They look terrible on both ends of the floor. Udrih was taking Rondo to the fucking hole. They're out of sync, and they're quitting once things start going against them.

Hardest thing to do is to gain chemistry in the middle of the season

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get worried. They look terrible on both ends of the floor. Udrih was taking Rondo to the hole for crying out loud. They're out of sync, and they're quitting once things start going against them. I'm not sure this is going to work chemistry wise. I hope I'm overreacting

Ready for baseball as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardest thing to do is to gain chemistry in the middle of the season

There could be some truth to that but rebounding, turnovers and pure stupidly has nothing to do with chemistry. For example, what happened at the end of the 1st quarter was ridiculous.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a nice team but I don't see them as true championship caliber. I don't feel they're deep enough and don't have the defense and rebounding for a legitimate run. If you would have told me Dallas would have a 30-16 record after 46 games I would have been ecstatic.

As for chemistry I think it'll take the rest of this season as well as an off-season/training camp for it to show what it can be.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a nice team but I don't see them as true championship caliber. I don't feel they're deep enough and don't have the defense and rebounding for a legitimate run. If you would have told me Dallas would have a 30-16 record after 46 games I would have been ecstatic.

As for chemistry I think it'll take the rest of this season as well as an off-season/training camp for it to show what it can be.

:10:.....good response.

Maybe if O'Neal comes on board, this will help. But I don't see him as any magic bullet.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But if they can really upgrade that defense... We can probably talk about true championship contender. Although they will be a tough out for anyone

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be some truth to that but rebounding, turnovers and pure stupidly has nothing to do with chemistry. For example, what happened at the end of the 1st quarter was ridiculous.

Talking more about rondo fitting in chemistry wise. Hopefully they can re sing him to gain that

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he went to a rival but I don't see why Houston fans are booing Parsons the whole game. He got 45 million for just 3 years of service. Can't blame the guy.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying game to watch. Dallas just playing like shit. I'm totally good with them just not being good enough talent wise but stupid shit mistakes contributing to dumb losses annoys the shit out of me.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is just a total non-factor these days. Having two ball hogs on the floor at once has really hurt his confidence and hindered his production. He said he'd be ok playing Robin to Monta's Batman. Well, he's barely even Alfred the butler at this point.
I know it's just the regular season, but with each loss it's getting harder and harder to ignore their 1-infinity record against top 8 teams. They've let some very winnable games just slip away with some careless play.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying game to watch. Dallas just playing like shit. I'm totally good with them just not being good enough talent wise but stupid shit mistakes contributing to dumb losses annoys the shit out of me.

Turning the damn basketball over 24 times is just unacceptable. Oh and missing FT's is as well

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whats the fucking problem with inbounding the damn basketball?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning the damn basketball over 24 times is just unacceptable. Oh and missing FT's is as well

I know scoring is neither his forté nor his primary job, but 0 points from Rondo is just terrible.