• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: It was the fact that he would start in Houston, which I believe was ultimately the deciding factor

probably. don't think he wanted to be the sixth man that he would have been anywhere else

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably. don't think he wanted to be the sixth man that he would have been anywhere else

He probably would've started in Miami, but Houston is a better situation plus he played AAU ball with Howard and I think Houston offered more money

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably would've started in Miami, but Houston is a better situation plus he played AAU ball with Howard and I think Houston offered more money

yeah according to the reports no one could afford more although Miami was trying to get an injury clearance so they could match houston's offer

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think this may be more about next season when things will be smooth and comfortable.

Mavericks are signing and playing for the 2014/15 season IMO anyway.

Dirk has gotten slower, and now he can't guard anyone. His shooting hasn't been up to par this season either, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Although, I do think he'll improve once we get the other big we're looking for (O'Neal) and Rando settles in better with the team.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks are signing and playing for the 2014/15 season IMO anyway.

Dirk has gotten slower, and now he can't guard anyone. His shooting hasn't been up to par this season either, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Although, I do think he'll improve once we get the other big we're looking for (O'Neal) and Rando settles in better with the team.

No doubt the organization and team are thinking this season but reality is it probably won't be as smooth and settling until next year when you have a whole off season and training camp etc. They also need to improve their bench which hopefully they can pick up a piece or even two before the Feb deadline.

As for Dirk his skill set will translate a few more years. He's had a bad shooting stretch as of late but shooters tend to go through that. He'll probably call Holger to come down soon to fix whatever is wrong and he'll be back to being Dirk. I will say his defense has seemed to fallen off even more considering he wasn't much of a defender to begin with.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good!! They got worse IMO

:L

I doubt anybody feels the same way, they'll play him at the 4 and he'll be expected to slash and post up more and leave the 3 point shooting to those who are good at it

I think this is a great get for the Rockets

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt anybody feels the same way, they'll play him at the 4 and he'll be expected to slash and post up more and leave the 3 point shooting to those who are good at it

Exactly. And he'll be playing for a good and already championship ready team so he should definitely be more motivated and fired up.

This is a big blow for other WC teams because Houston got a lot better and explosive.

msgbored

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, Parsons was playing some good ball before the trade which I was glad to see. Dirk is just not hitting his shots. And our man Barea has not played well for the most part lately. He gave us a spark at times last night. I think Charlie V could give us some instant offense if Carlisle would just trust using him. Rondo does make some unbelievable passes though. And I also agree it may take a little time but no excuse for the lousy D and lack of energy for almost 3 quarters. The bench is what got it going.

JJB is a hot/cold guy, but was thriving with Wright... losing Wright was the worst part of that deal in that it weakened the front court, took out some youth, and negated a large part of JJ's game. Never seen a bench negated so much by the loss of 2 players.

Overall, their weakness is that they had a ton of role players who played offense well and they got rid of 3 of them to add in a guy who excels at other things. I've seen comparisons to Kidd...but Kidd was way more intelligent than Rondo... Kidd KNEW when not to shoot, stubbornly refused to shoot many times. Still waiting for Rondo to understand this.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJB is a hot/cold guy, but was thriving with Wright... losing Wright was the worst part of that deal in that it weakened the front court, took out some youth, and negated a large part of JJ's game. Never seen a bench negated so much by the loss of 2 players.

Overall, their weakness is that they had a ton of role players who played offense well and they got rid of 3 of them to add in a guy who excels at other things. I've seen comparisons to Kidd...but Kidd was way more intelligent than Rondo... Kidd KNEW when not to shoot, stubbornly refused to shoot many times. Still waiting for Rondo to understand this.

Rondo is 1 year older than Wright, so that point is mostly irrelevant

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really getting sick of Dirk standing around and watching when other people shoot the ball, he's being lazy on defense and not crashing the boards especially noticeable when Chandler is not in the game

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also need someone to light a fire under Aminu's ass, he needs to provide some of that athleticism lost when Wright was traded... and no more 3 pointers

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also need someone to light a fire under Aminu's ass, he needs to provide some of that athleticism lost when Wright was traded... and no more 3 pointers

He hasn't played much lately. I agree on the 3 pointers though. We just need him to D up and cut to the basket on offense.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie V was a difference maker. I am telling you he needs to see more time. With a 5 point game he scored our next 10 points and had a block. Harris and JJB need to get with the program. And not sure why Carlisle did not call a timeout and put in better free throw shooters at the end. Good slashing to the basket by Chandler P and Ellis.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And he'll be playing for a good and already championship ready team so he should definitely be more motivated and fired up.

This is a big blow for other WC teams because Houston got a lot better and explosive.

All of the motivation and desire in the world can't make you make free throws. The guy's a ball-stopping chucker... always has been. Sure he's athletic as all get out and has a high ceiling which reveals itself from time to time. But Atlanta grew tired of his ball-hogging ways and he only got worse in that respect in Detroit. He's on pace to become the first player in NBA history (averaging 10 or more shots a night) to shoot worse than 40% from the field and worse than 60% from the line.

If any coach could ever harness all of Smith's gifts and get him to play within himself and within the system, he could be special. Maybe that happens in Houston. But in his first game with the Rockets, he took more shots than any other Rocket, including Harden. Guys who struggle to shoot 40% from the floor shouldn't be chucking up 21 shots a game.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will not make them better so people houlent be afraid of smith on the rockets. The dude is a chucker. It will look good sometimes but it's going to probably blow up IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21 points on 21 shots.. Yeah great get..

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 points on 21 shots.. Yeah great get..

its one game you idiot

The only part of that stat line that really bothered me was the two 3 pointers, he needs to get to the line more too, but thats a result of him taking too many long jumpers, if they can get him to buy into being more efficient like he was with Atlanta, getting to the basket and drawing fouls then its a good get for 2 million, if not, stick him on the bench or release him, there's really no downside to this move, especially if he can play solid defense on 3's & 4's

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will not make them better so people houlent be afraid of smith on the rockets. The dude is a chucker. It will look good sometimes but it's going to probably blow up IMO

and your opinion is usually shit, someone had to say it