• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask a lot out of him then yes it's probably not a great thing but he's not a bad player and if Dallas were to get him he'd be playing for a top 2 or 3 coach. Plus he'd be coming to a already stacked team where he's not expected to do a ton.

That would be the drawback in his mind I imagine however that he wants to be a starter and play a ton of minutes wherever he lands next.

Ban him from shooting 3's and maybe you can turn him into a nice cheap addition, he was starting to find his niche in Atlanta and then he went to Detroit and starting chucking up 3's again

He needs to starting driving to the basket again and using his athleticism

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban him from shooting 3's and maybe you can turn him into a nice cheap addition, he was starting to find his niche in Atlanta and then he went to Detroit and starting chucking up 3's again

Bingo. I don't have a problem him taking 3's only if he proves he can make them with much more regularity.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs need to play with energy throughout the game. I would like to see Carlisle use Villanueava like the Spurs would and play him more and have him stand out at the 3 point line on offense. The guy has a serious stroke and I feel we have been wasting him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk needs to start playing like he's Dirk. He's been pretty meh lately.

And Parsons only taking 6 shots in a game while Rondo takes 15? That's not gonna get it done. They need to work work work.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk needs to start playing like he's Dirk. He's been pretty meh lately.

And Parsons only taking 6 shots in a game while Rondo takes 15? That's not gonna get it done. They need to work work work.

Yep, the shot imbalance has been really bothering me lately too. Having a poor shooting chucker like Rondo taking a lot of the team's shots isn't going to win them many games. But you can tell they're still figuring things out with Rondo... even with Parsons to some degree too...with regards to how the offense should flow. It's just gonna take some time to gel. I can just about guarantee though that Rick will have them running like a well-oiled machine by the stretch run.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the shot imbalance has been really bothering me lately too. Having a poor shooting chucker like Rondo taking a lot of the team's shots isn't going to win them many games. But you can tell they're still figuring things out with Rondo... even with Parsons to some degree too...with regards to how the offense should flow. It's just gonna take some time to gel. I can just about guarantee though that Rick will have them running like a well-oiled machine by the stretch run.

Would really hope so. With his coaching ability and their talent it should all come together nicely.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would really hope so. With his coaching ability and their talent it should all come together nicely.

I know it's early in the process, but it hasn't looked good so far. The D is sinking into the paint taking away the lob and forcing Rondo to shoot. I don't think Tyson or Dirk has looked very good lately. Tyson hasn't been aggressive. Probably because we don't have any depth behind him. Dirk hasn't played well in awhile.

It would be nice if we had a few bottom feeders to get going. Unfortunately, the Lakers are the only one in the next 3 games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early in the process, but it hasn't looked good so far. The D is sinking into the paint taking away the lob and forcing Rondo to shoot. I don't think Tyson or Dirk has looked very good lately. Tyson hasn't been aggressive. Probably because we don't have any depth behind him. Dirk hasn't played well in awhile.

It would be nice if we had a few bottom feeders to get going. Unfortunately, the Lakers are the only one in the next 3 games.

The D is what needs to get going. When we play with some energy and intensity on D our offense follows suit. Dirk has been lousy on both ends of the court. He spends too much time complaining. Even turned it over underneath the Hawks basket on an inbounds pass because of it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is what needs to get going. When we play with some energy and intensity on D our offense follows suit. Dirk has been lousy on both ends of the court. He spends too much time complaining. Even turned it over underneath the Hawks basket on an inbounds pass because of it.

It's time for Dirk to step up

For Parsons, not sure if it was just a bad night or trying to readjust to a new PG, seems like he had just got comfortable with the 3 headed monster we had before and then, boom, here comes Rondo

Long term, I think everyone gets comfortable within the next month, short term there's going to be ups and downs from game to game

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Dirk to step up

For Parsons, not sure if it was just a bad night or trying to readjust to a new PG, seems like he had just got comfortable with the 3 headed monster we had before and then, boom, here comes Rondo

Long term, I think everyone gets comfortable within the next month, short term there's going to be ups and downs from game to game

Yeah, Parsons was playing some good ball before the trade which I was glad to see. Dirk is just not hitting his shots. And our man Barea has not played well for the most part lately. He gave us a spark at times last night. I think Charlie V could give us some instant offense if Carlisle would just trust using him. Rondo does make some unbelievable passes though. And I also agree it may take a little time but no excuse for the lousy D and lack of energy for almost 3 quarters. The bench is what got it going.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those morons played him at the SF. He needs to be on the block. He has a good post up game. He needs to be under the basket on both ends while using his athleticism in the open court.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those morons played him at the SF. He needs to be on the block. He has a good post up game. He needs to be under the basket on both ends while using his athleticism in the open court.

So play him at the 4 and explain to him that if chucks a 3 up in any circumstance, he's back on the bench, he should be slashing to the basket and posting up only

Agreed about playing him at SF, which he can play, but he shouldn't be shooting 3's there either

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 poor games with Rondo running the offense. Nothing to freak out about, but guys like Parsons and Ellis have no excuse for two poor games back to back.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 poor games with Rondo running the offense. Nothing to freak out about, but guys like Parsons and Ellis have no excuse for two poor games back to back.

I hope they sign O'Neal and/or Smith ASAP just so they can go ahead and get all of the growing pains out of the way at once. It would suck to finally get the team on the same page with Rondo and then have another chucker like Smith come in and put them back to square one. As long as they finish top 8 in the West, it really doesn't matter that much which seed they get. I'd much rather them lose some ugly ones now if it means getting hot in May and June.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many games in a row is this where the opposing C has killed Tyson? Bayne and Len? Really? I haven't been impressed lately his defensive effort. I guess my expectations were to high. He's not the same player he once was. I'm not sure we got much better defensively after the trade, and the offense is much worse at this point.

The fact that we aren't getting as many easy buckets is killing us.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games in a row is this where the opposing C has killed Tyson? Bayne and Len? Really? I haven't been impressed lately his defensive effort. I guess my expectations were to high. He's not the same player he once was. I'm not sure we got much better defensively after the trade, and the offense is much worse at this point.

The fact that we aren't getting as many easy buckets is killing us.

I think its a product of poor defense from other players, Chandler is essentially trying to cover 2-3 guys at once and it affecting his ability to cover his man b/c he's always having to provide help defense for someone else's mistakes and then make the extra pass, easy bucket

Defensive effort across the board needs to improve, Chandler is doing what he's supposed to do, it's your other 3-4 that are dropping the ball most of the time

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Verejao has a torn ACL. I would think Cleveland would be all over O'Neal and/or Josh Smith at this point.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of think this may be more about next season when things will be smooth and comfortable.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a product of poor defense from other players, Chandler is essentially trying to cover 2-3 guys at once and it affecting his ability to cover his man b/c he's always having to provide help defense for someone else's mistakes and then make the extra pass, easy bucket

Defensive effort across the board needs to improve, Chandler is doing what he's supposed to do, it's your other 3-4 that are dropping the ball most of the time

I think that is a pretty accurate analysis. Most of our guys do not move their feet to get in defensive position and cutoff the dribble. They think they can throw their arms out there and then chase the guy to the basket. Some of that is on the coach One thing about Avery Johnson even though he got on my nerves after a year or two is he made these guys focus on defense and forced Dirk to get tough and play some with his back to the basket. When we won the championship we had Tyson, Marion and Stevenson who were good defenders.