• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants 820 PM EST

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally am not all that certain that Romo is a huge improvement over Dak.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had 3 games in a row with under 200 yards, 3 total TD's and 2 int's. This is becoming a trend all while behind the greatest O-line Dal's had since the 90's.
Is he hitting the proverbial rookie wall? I think if he struggles next week, and by struggles I mean the same kind of numbers we're seeing you have to give Romo the nod. If nothing else just so Tony gets some game snaps b4 the playoffs just in case.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he hitting the proverbial rookie wall? I think if he struggles next week, and by struggles I mean the same kind of numbers we're seeing you have to give Romo the nod. If nothing else just so Tony gets some game snaps b4 the playoffs just in case.

The only way the Cowboys make the change is if Dak is clearly the reason they struggle and perhaps lose 2 out of the 3 final games or even lose out. I don't see that happening though. I think bringing in Romo if Dak starts to struggle during the game would be a smart move. Competition brings out the best out of players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the Cowboys make the change is if Dak is clearly the reason they struggle and perhaps lose 2 out of the 3 final games or even lose out. I don't see that happening though. I think bringing in Romo if Dak starts to struggle during the game would be a smart move. Competition brings out the best out of players.
Lest we forget Jerry loves him some Tony. Regardless it will be fun watching the circus side show return to big D over the next few weeks.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget Jerry loves him some Tony. Regardless it will be fun watching the circus side show return to big D over the next few weeks.
Jerry doesn't make the decisions any more. All he does is drink johnny walker blue and stir up drama for no apparent reason other than to hear people talk about what he has to say. If Jerry had any say Manziel would be a cowboys and we would still be a train wreck.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry doesn't make the decisions any more. All he does is drink johnny walker blue and stir up drama for no apparent reason other than to hear people talk about what he has to say. If Jerry had any say Manziel would be a cowboys and we would still be a train wreck.
No way, the reason Manziel isn't in Dallas is because Jerry don't share his blue label with nobody:drink:
Don't fool yourself Jerry is still making all the decisions.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the reason Manziel isn't in Dallas is because Jerry don't share his blue label with nobody:drink:
Don't fool yourself Jerry is still making all the decisions.
His son has taken over running the team and he has done wonders these last few drafts at keeping jerry away.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His son has taken over running the team and he has done wonders these last few drafts at keeping jerry away.
Well he definitely killed this last draft. Jerry just has a different focus now. Things like entertaining Blandino and others. Jerry will insert Tony in the lineup soon enough. You'll see

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Jerry was making comments like he was thinking of going with Romo... Stay tuned this could get interesting...
Or maybe someone should ask the COACH who they will be "going with"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Dallas spit the bit against this shitty New Jersey Giants team and then looking at their remaining schedule leads me to believe they have a serious shot at losing 4 straight to finish the season. Tampa Bay, Detroit and Philly could ruin it for them, easily.
Sure, it's the NFL, anything could happen. Cowboys offense looked like shit this week and they 100% deserved to lose, but it was one week. Det almost lost to Chi at home!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vernon was just as good a move. I haven't seen anybody have that good a game against Smith...that was impressive
Did Vernon really have a good game? Looked like Smith handled him pretty well to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question

And I'm a fan of Dak and his future

At what point does the Romo thing become a real possibility?

Are Dallas fans clammoriing for it already?
Romo starting or Romo getting some snaps? I don't see anyway Romo starts unless Dak gets hurt. Might Romo get in a game? Sure. You have a top player on the bench so if another player struggles a little you sit him down for a series. It would be good for the team for Romo to get some real snaps. But, Dak has been so good this year that I would give him a chance to win these games and play out of a bad first half if it were my call

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my source....
The only fans that are as bad as the "defend the flag at all cost cheerleading Homers" are the ones that are so miserable that they can't be happy even when things are going well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo starting or Romo getting some snaps? I don't see anyway Romo starts unless Dak gets hurt. Might Romo get in a game? Sure. You have a top player on the bench so if another player struggles a little you sit him down for a series. It would be good for the team for Romo to get some real snaps. But, Dak has been so good this year that I would give him a chance to win these games and play out of a bad first half if it were my call

Dan Lebatard had a good take on it yesterday, and it made me think

he thinks they need to go to Romo now.......Basically his take was the Cowboys have fallen in love with the "Wins", and Dak deserves a ton of credit for that....But plain and simple, the better QB is on the sidelines, and if you look at the big picture, winning it all, than you should be playing the better QB

Seems pretty simplistic, but maybe he is right

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he thinks they need to go to Romo now.......Basically his take was the Cowboys have fallen in love with the "Wins", and Dak deserves a ton of credit for that....But plain and simple, the better QB is on the sidelines, and if you look at the big picture, winning it all, than you should be playing the better QB

I think that is ridiculous. First off, shouldn't we all be "in love with the wins"??? We wouldn't have been 11-1 with Romo IMO. Also, I don't think Romo is a better QB at this point at all. I think what Dak has done this year has been incredible and the fact that some want to pretend it's only Zeke and the OL making him good creates this weird thought process in their head and they say it so much they start to think it is a fact. I like Romo and think he can help the team when needed, but he is just too fragile to be a starter any longer and Dak is already preforming at a level that Romo did at his best.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is ridiculous. First off, shouldn't we all be "in love with the wins"??? We wouldn't have been 11-1 with Romo IMO. Also, I don't think Romo is a better QB at this point at all. I think what Dak has done this year has been incredible and the fact that some want to pretend it's only Zeke and the OL making him good creates this weird thought process in their head and they say it so much they start to think it is a fact.

I think he is taking the temperature of what way Dak is trending......2 for their last 30, or something like that, on 3rd downs, is a bit alarming

And I love Dak, but I think the greatest compliment he has received this season, was his ability to keep drives alive and not make the big mistake.........

I think the question still lingers, "Can we win us a game in January"? when Zeke isn't at his best, when the defense isn't having a good day?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree with Dan, Dak earned the right to QB this team.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans aren't concerned. How can you be when your team has an 11-2 record.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is taking the temperature of what way Dak is trending......2 for their last 30, or something like that, on 3rd downs, is a bit alarming

And I love Dak, but I think the greatest compliment he has received this season, was his ability to keep drives alive and not make the big mistake.........

I think the question still lingers, "Can we win us a game in January"? when Zeke isn't at his best, when the defense isn't having a good day?
No doubt, but each game stands on it's own and there is a lot of fault to go around in that stat. Were the receivers all of a sudden going to get open if Romo came into the game? Would Dez have pulled his head out of his ass if Romo came in? Dak did a pretty good job against the pass rush. That would have crushed Romo IMO. Dak played like shit no doubt, but the Giants D played great and my ass was cold just raking leaves Sunday during the day before the weather moved in so I give both QBs a little bit of slack. Romo looked like he was wearing 7 jackets. How was he going to play and perform better?

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't have done it myself, but i wouldn't have had a problem with it if Romo came in for a series or two, but it would have been as much to sit Dak down and give him a breadth as anything else. The whole idea of a controversy and worrying about what the media says is silly to me. From watching Dak I don't think it would have negatively affected him going forward and I don't think Garrett let's that "outside noise" bother him. Dak is the Dallas Cowboys starting QB and best QB IMO. Maybe that changes going forward, but I don't think so. I expect him to have a big game next week and put this all behind him.